It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mike Flynn Offers to Testify in Exchange for Immunity - The Wall Street Journal

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

By stating that everything is "fake news" ... what does that do? Everything becomes merely a matter of belief.

Which is a perfect environment for a charismatic autocrat to arise in.

Exactly.

By casting suspicion and a shadow of doubt on everything, it leaves the "I alone am to believed" aspect, which, to supporters (of any autocrat), the truth only lies in the words of the one casting doubt on everyone: the autocrat.

It's scary. In part because it cannot be reasoned with, and in part because of the blind belief everything is fake except what the one person says.

I read a good article about this a few weeks ago. I'll have to see if I can find it.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Because he wants to be free from the liberal legal entanglements when he tells what he knows about the Obama/Hillary cartel.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
Because he wants to be free from the liberal legal entanglements when he tells what he knows about the Obama/Hillary cartel.

He's POTUS. He could co-opt national broadcasting time to tell us "what he knows."

The problem is, he has to watch Fox and Breitbart to find out "what he knows."

/shrug

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is all a part of the plan. Flynn will lie about Russian involvement and get away scott free, and bring everyone down with him. He took a page from Hillary and plans to lie under oath.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonfamily
This is all a part of the plan. Flynn will lie about Russian involvement and get away scott free, and bring everyone down with him. He took a page from Hillary and plans to lie under oath.

Hmmm. Or perhaps he will reveal that aliens are about to invade to take our minds off things, eh?

I mean, while you're fabricating, you might as well make it interesting, rather than merely a half-hearted attempt to slam Clinton

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Quick question. Are you aware Hillary lied under oath? Yes or no?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

No one said "what does it matter they are dead" and you know it. What she said was what does it matter WHY THEY WERE KILLED, what we needed to do was find out who did it and keep them from ever doing it again.

Because the WHY my friend was that Hillary sat on her ass and even went to bed as the fighting went on, and on.... This wasn't a short quick battle where we flinched and it was all over, it was 13 hours and she did nothing...no wonder why she would say what she said...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Still aching to fight Benghazi eh?

You were wrong about your claims and I demonstrated that.

I'd like to move on. Anything about Mr. Flynn and his request for immunity on your mind?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

He's POTUS. He could co-opt national broadcasting time to tell us "what he knows."

/shrug

That's funny coz obama admitted the same thing!

What's Flynn supposed to be testifying about, again?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You dodged that question like Hillary dodged jail time.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Christ we're still banging on about hillary? Move on.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I'd like to move on. Anything about Mr. Flynn and his request for immunity on your mind?

I think many of you feel he has something negative to say about Trump even when Trump has said he wants him to testify, wants him to to get immunity....

Nothing really comes out of these Congressional investigations other than a chance for them to bandwagon. Their questions go one for 5 minutes and in the end it seems all they do is try and get people on technicalities of lying to Congress and perjury as everyone tries to answer their long winded misleading questions...

I don't blame him either, but in the end he will not get it as it is a stunt in itself...

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

/shrug

What was Obama supposed to have admitted again?

Who knows what Flynn is testifying about? Sounds like he'll have to be subpoenaed now ... unless the FBI arrests him first.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

/shrug

It seems all we really can do right now is shrug.......

but I can't give up yet! I would LOVE to just have no care or concern or attention or preoccupation or worry! Ugh, to sleep at night knowing that things are getting better......such an elusive goal. Perhaps ridiculous. IDK.

I'm tired. I'm part of the Persisterhood. Lots of folks don't get what that is.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

/shrug

Who knows what Flynn is testifying about? Sounds like he'll have to be subpoenaed now ... unless the FBI arrests him first.

Obama told us he found out about Fast and Furious on the tv. Several other times he asserted the same thing---that he got his news from tv. So it's okay for him but Trump is somehow inferior for saying he got info from the tv?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I think many of you feel he has something negative to say about Trump even when Trump has said he wants him to testify, wants him to to get immunity....

Nothing really comes out of these Congressional investigations other than a chance for them to bandwagon. Their questions go one for 5 minutes and in the end it seems all they do is try and get people on technicalities of lying to Congress and perjury as everyone tries to answer their long winded misleading questions...

I don't blame him either, but in the end he will not get it as it is a stunt in itself...

You are a really stalwart and loyal and dignified representative of the alt-right. I just want you to know that. We have clashed in the past, and I have learned a great deal about your side of the debates as we are collectively growing into an online presence. When one has something to say, but isn't quite sure how to go about the whole thing, but doesn't want to shut the hell up and sit down.....what is one to do?

That is how I think of ATS.

There are a few of us here who have worked to hone our style....to improve our presentation, to back up our claims and investigate those claims that appear to be suspect.

We really are here. Both sides are capable of intelligent debate.

The other day (last week) the Trumpcare thing was going on.....I decided to watch the 'floor debate' on Friday (which was being held because Thursday no one was ready?). Not only were there only a scattered handful of 'representatives' in the room, the speakers were knocking over easels, tripping over their words, blushing all the way.....

NO public speaking skill. None. I was quite dismayed.

edit on 4/1/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: gah whatever nm i'm rambling

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

/shrug

Obama told us he found out about Fast and Furious on the tv. Several other times he asserted the same thing---that he got his news from tv. So it's okay for him but Trump is somehow inferior for saying he got info from the tv?

No. Trump is idiotic for creating policy and tweeting falsehoods that are tantamount to defamation based upon what he sees on TV. Obama may have gotten the news from the TV, but I cant really remember one time where he procured intelligence reports from the TV.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

So Trump is idiotic for getting info from news sources but it wasn't unusual in any way that Obama told us that he found out about a DOJ gun running operation from the tv. Gotcha.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

So Trump is idiotic for getting info from news sources
Trump was idiotic to tweet his outrage over a news article he apparently didn't understand (assuming he actually read all the words). Because that news article (New York Times) did not say that Obama tapped Trump's phones.

Obama, well. He's not the president. Is he? But he was asked, he didn't randomly announce, "I just saw on TV..."

edit on 4/2/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

LOL!

Some people need to get over the fact that Trump is using social media without filtering through the msm.

If you don't want an Obama discussion tell Gry, he asked what Obama confessed to? He claimed to have found out about several significant events on tv. I find that quite hard to believe.

But perhaps it is more important to parse words than anything else that might be going on here.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join