It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google is EVIL

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So, I am tired of having my search results manipulated by the data fascists at Google and am looking to find out what my fellow ATSers use for both their browser and their search engine. I am thinking the Tor browser with something like Unbubble search, but I know that I can probably do better and that the good folks here on ATS are the best equipped to give me their opinions.

So, what browser and search engine do you all recommend?!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I completely agree with you, so biased and political. A twist on every search, I just want a simple search engine, looking forward to some input.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Startpage for search, and Iceweasel (Debianized version of Firefox) on a Linux box.

I tried TorBrowser which is a Firefox version, but thought it might attract undue attention.

Probably a better way to go then mine

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

the data fascists

Awesome term!

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
GOOGLE.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Well i think it could maybe be because you want another answer to justify an opinion, and when it doesnt provide it, it becomes evil, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I use Google Chrome and embrace the dark side.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I switched to DuckDuckGo for this very reason.

The other thing you can do is customize the Google settings and delete news sources that spew BS. Better to just switch though so that they get the message once half the country stops using their product.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I too have used DuckDuckGo in the past. It's not nearly as good as Google. Sadly, that's just how it is. But it does the job well enough.

DuckDuckGo is funded by some kind of unholy Yahoo-Bing "search alliance" deal. So you're kind of trading Google for Microsoft.

Browser-wise. I use Firefox most of the time.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Usually use ghostery browser and for search use privatelee . Seems to do o.k

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I rarely use google, I usually use Yahoo. I used to use a clean altavista, that was much better. The other search engine I used after altavista sucked too. I need another clean search engine myself.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tikbalang

There's so much I could say to all that, but for now I'll leave it at this:

New Google Parent Company Drops 'Don't Be Evil' Motto

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

So, I am tired of having my search results manipulated by the data fascists at Google and am looking to find out what my fellow ATSers use for both their browser and their search engine. I am thinking the Tor browser with something like Unbubble search, but I know that I can probably do better and that the good folks here on ATS are the best equipped to give me their opinions.

I use Firefox as the browser for both normal and tor. I use duckduckgo as the search engine, with ghostery, collusion and noscript Addons. I also use ccleaner to rid myself of junk and zone alarm free as a pretty good cork to keep the crap from talking out. But I also have 3 hardware nats on three different triplets, a TCP wrapper, black hole target machine and a dummy broadcast ssid that goes nowhere lol.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/24.2017 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Yes yes, it is!!! I use Firefox for most things. Might change down the road, but haven't yet. Duck Duck Go for searches, and they don't track what we search! Good searches, too, for what it's worth.

Google.....grrr.....

Have to specifically block their cookies, by name, to prevent tracking, because even when no third party cookies are allowed, they would be there anyway. They bypass security for other browsers. Blocking by name was the only way to keep them out. I don't like the idea of sites tracking what I do - none of their business!!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

You know, I always use my two AdBlockers, and I do NOT sign into Google before using my Chrome!
Google doesn't know what to 'recommend' and I wouldn't know if it sent any ads my way, anyway, due to the blockers.
My internet experience is blessedly peaceful from in-your-face babbling pitchmen and advertising and pop-ups...
Ahh, the peace! *__-

Even 'youtube' (google) doesn't have any suggestions and commercials!
Boopsie signs in, and she gets all the suggestions.
Some are pretty fruitful, actually, but I can do without the bit of shine, not to have to deal with the crap!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Look into Opera.

www.opera.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

try it the old fashioned way
try a scrying mirror

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

NO Sh'T!

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
s/f

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

I use Maxthon 5x as a browser. I still use google, I just don't sign in. Duckduckgo is a good choice for a search engine if you want to make sure your searches aren't manipulated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join