It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Trump Expected to Order Temporary Ban on Refugees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: underwerks

well the op is not about americans

The quote in my first post that the OP's source left out, was.
edit on 24-1-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

other groups outside the us that want in that are a threat

that is how i read it which is inline with the op

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

a reply to: JinMI

I just want people to remember that Trump won't be president forever, and when the opposition is in power again, guess who's names go on those lists?

It's wrong to support listing citizens no matter which political aisle you sit on, because those same lists will eventually be used against everybody.

Trump supporters included.

So let terrorist into your country? Incase 1 day you become one?

That makes no sense to people who do not have radical beliefs and want to stomp out terrorism 9nce and for all.

Nowhere in anything I wrote was I talking about letting terrorists into the country. I'm talking about domestic lists of citizens that the government classifies as threats.

If I have to give up safety for more freedom, so be it.

I don't think anywhere in Trump's order did he mention a domestic list of citizens. He was talking about citizens of countries were there is an insane amount of senseless violence by religious extremists.

What's wrong with that?
edit on pTue, 24 Jan 2017 21:50:26 -06002017 026Tue, 24 Jan 2017 21:50:26 -0600pmAmerica/ChicagoTuesday by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

other groups outside the us that want in that are a threat

that is how i read it which is inline with the op

And the apparatus used against the real or imaginary threats will eventually be used against the general public. As it is every time.

The OP's article left out one of the most important parts of this issue, which is also the bigger threat to our freedoms.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Remember when the left said Trump was all talk, no action, full of lies?

Yeah, that didn't last long. Not even a week.

Let the triggering begin, or I should say, continue.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I just want people to remember that Trump won't be president forever, and when the opposition is in power again, guess who's names go on those lists?

It's wrong to support listing citizens no matter which political aisle you sit on, because those same lists will eventually be used against everybody.

That makes no sense to people who do not have radical beliefs and want to stomp out terrorism 9nce and for all.

Nowhere in anything I wrote was I talking about letting terrorists into the country. I'm talking about domestic lists of citizens that the government classifies as threats.

I don't think anywhere in Trump's order did he mention a domestic list of citizens. He was talking about citizens of countries were there is an insane amount of senseless violence by religious extremists.

What's wrong with that?

You're right, he didn't. Rex Tillerson did. From my post on the first page:

Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson did not rule out the possibility of a Muslim registry during his confirmation hearing earlier this month, but clarified that if established, it would also extend "to other groups" that are threats to the U.S.

The registry will also extend to "other groups" that the Trump admin classifies as threats. I think a registry of Americans is wrong.

And while you might gloss over that part because you're happy about what you see as Trump being tough on immigration, that's the part that will continue to effect Americans, long after Trump is out of office.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

and monkeys might fly out of my butt

they were not talking about us citizens

spin it however you like

i want immigration from countries that we cant vet stopped until a way is found to vet them
trump campaigned on this and is following through
good for him

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

What's wrong with that?

You're right, he didn't. Rex Tillerson did. From my post on the first page:

Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson did not rule out the possibility of a Muslim registry during his confirmation hearing earlier this month, but clarified that if established, it would also extend "to other groups" that are threats to the U.S.

The registry will also extend to "other groups" that the Trump admin classifies as threats. I think a registry of Americans is wrong.

And while you might gloss over that part because you're happy about what you see as Trump being tough on immigration, that's the part that will continue to effect Americans, long after Trump is out of office.

You didn't post a link. Did he say domestic threats? Might have, I don't know. But if he does go after domestic threats, I bet he starts in a little town you have called Chicago lol.

Seriously. Do you have a link that said he would list American citizens as threats to America and strip them of their documents?

I think I would have heard about that.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm gonna take a guess and assume Saudi Arabia isn't on that list.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

and monkeys might fly out of my butt

they were not talking about us citizens

spin it however you like

i want immigration from countries that we cant vet stopped until a way is found to vet them
trump campaigned on this and is following through
good for him

There is no benefit in being obtuse to his claim. NSA was never supposed to exist remember. Used to be just some crazy CT.

You may not want to believe it nor does anyone else want it to be true but history tells us that the government will utilize these lists in any way they wish. With or without consent.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

what do you mean nsa was not supposed to exist?
the list in question is a list of countries we will not let people in from

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Unless I am mistaken (completely possible), I thought this line of logic was being followed in the thread.

White House spokesman Sean Spicer said on Tuesday that the State and Homeland Security Departments would work on the vetting process once Trump's nominee to head the State Department, Rex Tillerson, is installed.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

read the source op

NOTHING in that story is about americans
it sites SEVERAL executive orders intended to keep terrorists out.

but hey spin away
trump may install marshall law across the usa tomorrow
he just may

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

and all those dems said he wouldnt follow through with his campaign promises

And it's only the first week.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Attention all illegals. You will be addressed next. Trump is following through on everything.

Just leave now and avoid the rush.

The first ones back will get the better jobs and housing.

If you wait too long it willl be slim pickings.

If you want to come back, do it the proper legal way.

edit on 24-1-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ha, ha, Trump is keeping the anti crowd spiting all over with the rage, how dare Trump keep his promised with only one week in the white house.

Something Obama could not even accomplish with his in his 8 years of hope and never change.

Is going to be a long weekend indeed.

How dare, Trump.

He is really cleaning house and going after waste and abuse.

edit on 24-1-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Someone pinch me when he actually addresses H-1B workers from India, that's the out-of-control issue in my area, jacking up housing and rental prices and pushing schools and services beyond capacity.
edit on 1/24/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I see why not all those refugees that had been admitted in the US to be re screened to make sure they have not ties with terrorist groups back home, specially those coming from Syria, after all a refugee is supposed to be admitted into the US and his citizenship if applied for it is at the discretion of the US immigration laws.

Refugees are not American citizens yet.

And for illegal immigrants well we all know that nobody is screening those, as they just blend within their safe haven cities.

I am very please with Trump promises so far.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Trust me is not in your area only, I remember we discussed the abuse of those visas before here in ATS, is about time something is done, the H1 B has become an item that can easily be bought oversea to get into the US this days.

All the corruption behind government agencies that has been gone without check in the last 8 years are coming to light now.

posted on Jan, 24 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

and all those dems said he wouldnt follow through with his campaign promises

well, they were wrong about everything else they said about trump so it`s not a surprise that they were wrong about this too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join