It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump just offered to drop ALL Russian sanctions in return for......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Wookiep

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

They are spinning this like hes done something great, while conveniently leaving out the back room deals....

Who's "they"?

BTW, this hasn't been spun by anyone, YET. Can you guess how the media will probably spin it?? In YOUR favor, I'm sure they'll make all sorts of "back room" claims over the next four years, so stop crying about "they are spinning this". ATS has a variety of opinions contrary to the usual "spin", everywhere else in the mainstream media, and I happen to find it refreshing.

Get used to it!

Stop crying? Oh you mean stop stating facts because it might hurt the Trump narrative.....

Funny , my conservative friends use to LOVE facts....

Show your "facts" then! The ones who "spin" are your friends over at the mainstream media, and we know which direction they spin! There's no way in Hell, you're going to sit there and bitch about "spin" not being in your favor when the media is in your favor, and not be called out for it. Show your FACTS, and show them without SPIN and BS from biased sources!!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
God no. Admit to hacking, withdraw Russian special forces from Eastern Ukraine, withdraw funding from state sponsored terrorism in eastern Ukraine, admit to downing mh17, have Putin resign, and try him in international court for ordering assassinations and committing war crimes. Then allow free elections and then we can talk business.

We hold all the cards here. Russia is sunk.

Lifting sanctions for fighting terrorism? They're going to fight terrorism either way. We gain nothing from this. What a pathetic deal. This can't be true. No way trump is this weak.
edit on 21-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Here is a fact for you...most people are around 7 years behind the actual movements that happen in the world...but democrats and the like have been stagnant for 10 years...think hard about that for awhile.....must be tough being so far behind whilst believing you are on the cusp of a "New World".

New is here...but none of it will resemble or react to what you think....this has already been demonstrated for at least 2 solid years but not one lightbulb has lit up yet

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Are you John Kerry ??

Thought i would never have to hear such misery from his mouth again.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Hopefully Putin will tell him to shove it and continue to stabilize Syria. They can then perhaps continue with the pipeline deal that will aid Russia and help Assad rebuild. Putin should seek closer ties with China and they together can sanction the US.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Are you John Kerry ??

Thought i would never have to hear such misery from his mouth again.

I have standards for those whom I choose to do business with. I would prefer we not interact with the Russian government at all. I would executive order a national shunning.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Deus vult? Soon!

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Putin can't afford to do that.

Those Sanctions put in place really hurt Russia in the hip pocket.

Besides, are you absolutely out of your mind wanting a Russian / Chinese alliance being the world dominant power?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

They wouldn't be dominant but someone needs to take a stance against US hegemony and all that it entails. The US needs some butt hurt...a taste of it's own medicine.

edit on 21-1-2017 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Trump "just offered"? You mean like today...after becoming President?

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: midicon

Hopefully Putin will tell him to shove it and continue to stabilize Syria. They can then perhaps continue with the pipeline deal that will aid Russia and help Assad rebuild. Putin should seek closer ties with China and they together can sanction the US.

Here's the thing. The Russians don't buy sht. We buy everyone's crap. China and the US are financially tied together and Russia is the little baby misbehaved step child. Who could resist a worthless oil economy? Ooooooooo. China doesn't care about Russia and hasn't backed them up in a long long time. They have their own interests at heart. In fact, China is off oil and wants to sell solar to the US. Russia=dead in the water economically. Nationalism is a btch huh? Inherently flawed.
edit on 21-1-2017 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

Here's the thing. The Russians don't buy sht. can't afford We buy everyone's crap. Russia=dead in the water economically. Nationalism is a btch huh? Inherently flawed.

FTFY

Russia is not dead economically. Putin revealed in his last budget a plan to be the world's largest producer of organic foods in Siberia. His reasoning being that one gets better commodity prices for organic and that there is a global demand for such goods.

Russia will not fold financially. It just can't afford to import a lot either - that is pure currency wars stuff. Watch a Russian road rage video though and count how many Russian made cars are in it. Less that 30% - so they do import.
edit on 21-1-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Lifting sanctions for fighting terrorism? They're going to fight terrorism either way. We gain nothing from this. What a pathetic deal. This can't be true. No way trump is this weak.

That's what I was thinking. It's in Russia's benefit to fight terrorism regardless.

If true, then this is Trump being Putin's boy (payback for Russia's help during the campaign), and using the "fighting terrorism" as a weak-ass excuse.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
When the US consumer doesn't drive the world economy then we don't have all the cards anymore. This is why the bimbo needs to stay clear of a trade war with China.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

His reasoning being that one gets better commodity prices for organic and that there is a global demand for such goods.

Trump will put a tariff on imported organic produce in order to protect domestic production.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

So let me guess, you hate so much the thought of "Merica" being "Putin's Boy" that you would rather see WWIII? Just screw it right, let's do WWIII because Hillary lost the election? You people are sounding more and more nuts every day. Do NOT wonder why Trump won. People are tired of this crap.

edit on 21-1-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No, he was actually talking about exporting to the Middle East where food security is an issue and where they have a lot of money.

Some of those countries have purchased large swathes of land in Australia for 'national food security' purposes.

It is actually a very savvy move on his part.

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

That's what I was thinking. It's in Russia's benefit to fight terrorism regardless.

If true, then this is Trump being Putin's boy (payback for Russia's help during the campaign), and using the "fighting terrorism" as a weak-ass excuse.

That's how I see it. It's weakness. His first offer was much better. Nuclear weapons. Challenge Russia to come up with a reduction treaty. They reduce, we reduce, we lift some, but not all sanctions. Do it in phases.

link   
The only cards you hold are systemic corruption and an economy driven by financial fraud and an out of control MIC. At some point you might have to pay for all the dead strewn across the ME.

link   

So he won't sell all them good greens to his buddy?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join