It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Again. Ratings are irrelevant. These pressers aren't supposed to be entertainment (like Top Gun is). They are supposed to be informative. Informative = boring. That means less people will watch it. NONE of that is a reason to excuse doing away with them though.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Again. Ratings are irrelevant. These pressers aren't supposed to be entertainment (like Top Gun is). They are supposed to be informative. Informative = boring. That means less people will watch it. NONE of that is a reason to excuse doing away with them though.

If something isn't working what do YOU do with it? The pressers are for the people, US citizens, to have a better understanding of what is going on with the country and the administration. If ratings don't matter then why do they do them? Why not just submit questions via email and have them answered? It's a freakin dog and pony show is all. Makes the "journalists" feel like they have a job that's important when it really isn't and if ratings and publicity are not important then why aire them at all? Why not just put the Q&A online for people to read?

I think the goal is to disseminate information to MORE of the public in a manner that isn't boring, hence getting more of the public involved and engaged.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Because you don't understand the scale of the task you are proposing. For one, there is ALREADY a way to submit questions and concerns to the White House online, and for two do you understand the processing and man power required to sort through a potential 300 million people's questions and concerns beyond what the WH is already currently offering on its website?

Eliminating boredom from information means adding entertainment to it. You are literally suggesting we turn the White House press briefings into something like you'd watch on Fox News or MSNBC now. Because that is what you mean when you say that we should disseminate information in a manner that isn't boring. THAT'S why Fox News is the number one rated television network. Because it is more entertainment than news now.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Holy #...I can't believe you just had to explain that.

Hey folks....The Apprentice is FAKE TV....The IRAQ and AFGHANISTAN Wars were real...Had a bunch friends die over there.

9-11 actually happened too...It s what happens when Presidents ignore intelligence briefings.

Weapons of Mass Destruction...? THAT was a lie..or as Donald Trump likes to call those kinds of lie "Truthful Hyperbole"..which semantically is akin to "friendly rape". AND the CIA...the doc they produced said the intelligence around WMDs and Saddam being linked to terrorism was shaky and unsubstantiated. It was Rumsfeld and crew that spun it as "Truthful Hyperbole" by ignorning most of the doc. and selling the war.
news.vice.com...

Flynn?...Trumps National Security Advisor...The intelligence community used to refer to something called "Flynn Facts"...a polite word for him just making crap up all the time.

Trump doesn't give press conferences...doesn't answer questions...stacks his cabinet with more generals and Billionaires than we have ever seen...Has time to have twitter wars with someone who gave one his restaurants a bad review??? BUT doesn't have time for intelligence briefings?...Pres. GWB pre- 911 was the last president to disregard intelligence briefings from the CIA.

I have changed my mind...He is going to keep that promise of giving jobs to Non-Degreed Whites...We are going to suffer another complex, large scale terrorist attack and he will ship those boys off to the other side of the world to get shot and blown up...but this time we will keep the oil and he has the CEO of Exxon as Sec of State to explain to him where the oil is and how to do it.
edit on 16-12-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I can't believe this thread hasn't been canned yet. A lie in the title and no truth to the claim other than saying they were going to change things up. Wait...that sounds a LOT like reality TV.

Newsflash....pressers are archaic in nature and do nothing for the people they are meant to be for if they are not watched.

Keep up the sensationalism and lies....

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I will keep asking questions...And you can keep defending the Orange Oaf's right not to answer questions.

I am confident the near future will assign responsibility for body bags and "unprecedented" corruption to folks like you who decided that United States Presidents should no longer be accountable to anyone for anything.

Last night he attacked a restaurant reviewer on twitter who panned Trump Grill...Yet he still hasn't answered what he is going to do about his "unprecedented" global financial interests. He actually CANCELLED the press conference about that..And doesn't have time for intelligence briefings.

He hasn't even taken office yet and his supporters have spent all the credibility they had left..

Keep cheering a Tyrant...

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If they want to really change things up then throw the briefings on every major network at 7 or 8 pm.

Then we would have the majority of the US complaining about their show no longer being on at that time and another chunk on the left saying that it's forcing people to watch something.....can't win any way you spin it.

I would LOVE to see some actual stats on who really cares if they were gone though. I would wager my family that if he decided to do a Q&A to be published online daily over a broadcast presser that the number of people who care would be so miniscule it is laughable.

The fact MSM is even trying to make this a major news story with nothing factual at all is laughable. It is that Trump isn't letting them know what he's going to do that has them scrambling and trying to make up stories to force him to state his plan.

I can't believe people don't see through these lies and suppositions and sensationalism.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Will do....except I am able to do it without lying or sensationalism. I don't actually have to make anything up or speculate...again....save that stuff for Reality TV.

Facts are facts....this thread isn't considered one.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Correct...At this stage his staff hasn't officially announced they are doing away with the Daily Briefing..They are hinting that is the plan..

How shall we confirm?...Cuz he doesn't take questions...Hasn't had a press conference in 6 months.

But more importantly is that whether it is a "Fact" yet is not important..as you and others have weighed in as supporting the move....and that speaks a great deal about yourself and his supporters.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Because you don't understand the scale of the task you are proposing. For one, there is ALREADY a way to submit questions and concerns to the White House online, and for two do you understand the processing and man power required to sort through a potential 300 million people's questions and concerns beyond what the WH is already currently offering on its website?

Eliminating boredom from information means adding entertainment to it. You are literally suggesting we turn the White House press briefings into something like you'd watch on Fox News or MSNBC now. Because that is what you mean when you say that we should disseminate information in a manner that isn't boring. THAT'S why Fox News is the number one rated television network. Because it is more entertainment than news now.

Hmmm....no and no. Q&A from press staff is what I was suggesting. Hard to believe that you would think I was suggesting he field questions from almost 300 million, though that would imply everyone in the US would and we all know that wouldn't happen.

And nothing about reality TV from my end...that's all from you and indigo...starting with the title and entire OP. Sensational lies...just like reality TV. I suggested to do something different to get people engaged but for some reason you seem to think that's a bad idea.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Correct...At this stage his staff hasn't officially announced they are doing away with the Daily Briefing..They are hinting that is the plan..

How shall we confirm?...Cuz he doesn't take questions...Hasn't had a press conference in 6 months.

But more importantly is that whether it is a "Fact" yet is not important..as you and others have weighed in as supporting the move....and that speaks a great deal about yourself and his supporters.

Correct...they have not stated such. And as far as I have read haven't even hinted at doing away with them. They blatantly stated they were going to change them up.

Confirmation happens when either a statement is made or a change happens. Does it matter if one happens first? If so, why? Are you a daily watcher of these briefings? Or do you get online daily and read them on the WH website? Or do you wait for the news at night to see if anything major was said in them?

What about his team saying they are changing things up suggests they are going to cut these out to you?

And supporting what move? The lie you put in the title or changing them up? I fully support changing them up. I fully do NOT support lying for thread hits and stars and flags, nor reality TV.
edit on 12/16/16 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

(post by shooterbrody removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The good news just keeps coming - Trump to cut off the fake media of CNN, MSNBC et al. I am sure he will keep himself open to real journalists, so nothing to be concerned about.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21652523]Vasa Croe

Correct...they have not stated such. And as far as I have read haven't even hinted at doing away with them. They blatantly stated they were going to change them up.

I'll try rational with you...let's see where that leads...

If so, why? Are you a daily watcher of these briefings? Or do you get online daily and read them on the WH website? Or do you wait for the news at night to see if anything major was said in them?

I browse news online...If I see something that looks like BS Propaganda or I see something that bothers me...I then drill as quickly as possible down to actual Transcript, Video, Source Documents...skipping through the spin to see what the truth is.

Absent a daily briefing where reporters can fish for answers and comments...Many things will not come to light until AFTER they have been implemented.

If a reporter reports on something in the works...And asks the questions up front...the public can weigh in before a new policy or action is cemented.

It also puts the Executive Branch on notice and on record. They can't claim they didn't know something if they are asked upfront to answer a question. The public doesn't get to ask questions if the reporters are blacked out. Iran Contra...WMDs...A ton of stories broke during the daily briefing..It is about the questions that never get to be asked...not the stories...Anyone can drill past the stories.

What about his team saying they are changing things up suggests they are going to cut these out to you?

About 10 days ago...flipping through Satellite radio and there was a panel discussion of conservative and Dem journalists talking about what covering Trump would be like. One of them mentioned they heard he was eliminating the daily Press Briefing...but no one took it seriously ...But that guy said he heard it from a top Trump campaign member..

That is why when days later I saw Reince Priebus's say that to Hewitt...it rang a bell..It is in keeping with Trump's position on the press and his love of Twitter.

And supporting what move? The lie you put in the title or changing them up? I fully support changing them up.

How?

William McKinley began daily press briefings in 1897...Is there something about todays complexities and dangers that warrants limiting transparency?

I would think, just the opposite.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=21652523]Vasa Croe

I'll try rational with you...let's see where that leads...

If so, why? Are you a daily watcher of these briefings? Or do you get online daily and read them on the WH website? Or do you wait for the news at night to see if anything major was said in them?

I browse news online...If I see something that looks like BS Propaganda or I see something that bothers me...I then drill as quickly as possible down to actual Transcript, Video, Source Documents...skipping through the spin to see what the truth is.

Absent a daily briefing where reporters can fish for answers and comments...Many things will not come to light until AFTER they have been implemented.

If a reporter reports on something in the works...And asks the questions up front...the public can weigh in before a new policy or action is cemented.

It also puts the Executive Branch on notice and on record. They can't claim they didn't know something if they asked to answer a question. The public doesn't get to ask questions if the reporters are blacked out. It is about the questions that never get to be asked...not the stories...Anyone can drill past the stories.

About 10 days ago...flipping through Satellite radio and there was a panel discussion of conservative and Dem journalists talking about what covering Trump would be like. One of them mentioned they heard he was eliminating the daily Press Briefing...but no one took it seriously ...But that guy said he heard it from a top Trump campaign member..

That is why when days later I saw Reince Priebus's say that to Hewitt...it rang a bell..It is in keeping with Trump's position on the press and his love of Twitter.

And supporting what move? The lie you put in the title or changing them up? I fully support changing them up.

How?

Rationalize what? You just said you quickly try to drill into a story and find the truth, yet your title has absolutely NO truth to it at all. And you somehow think this is OK and credible and should be believed as a topic for breaking political news? And you jump to the conclusion that he is going to dissolve the presser and use Twitter? How is that a rational conclusion to what the story actually says?

As far as How....like I said earlier...do it online, make it happen at 7 or 8 or maybe even 9pm right in the middle of prime time TV.

So you don't watch these pressers from what I gather on your response...me either....I have watched some but nowhere near daily. I want transparency too...I don't want it disseminated to me by whatever spin the MSM wants to put on an answer to a question I never watched asked in the first place.
There is a LOT to be said and learned from body language and emphasis and can be interpreted in any number of ways.

A Q&A posted online would cut most speculation out of the equation. A change in broadcast time would put that interpretation into a larger viewing audience to interpret how they will along with reading those interpretations in the news. If the two interpretations don't line up then you have critical thinking which is a good thing.

As it stands, these briefings that everyone seems to be complaining about are for us...the citizens of this country, yet they are held at a time when everyone is working and have very little, if any impact on the people they are meant to inform because they only get the spin on the answers from the media source they choose without ever bothering with the critical thinking part....just sucking down another's opinion.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Look it's simple reality. Either the pressers are informative and boring or exciting and substanceless. You can't pick and choose your adjectives here. Informative just isn't exciting so when you say you want to spice these things up you are suggesting that we put entertainment in them.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Look it's simple reality. Either the pressers are informative and boring or exciting and substanceless. You can't pick and choose your adjectives here. Informative just isn't exciting so when you say you want to spice these things up you are suggesting that we put entertainment in them.

What are you talking about? I never said spice anything up. What is spiced up is the speculative and completely baseless claim of this thread and OP.

No need to spice anything up at all....change the broadcast time and voila...larger viewer base and very small change.

It is simple reality. They were begun to get the word to the people by the reporters when tech didn't exist to distribute this info to such a vast viewership. Times have changed and so should the platform.

It seems as though you're thought is the same as the OP and is not based on anything other than complete fabrication. They said they were going to change it up. Not sure why that isn't a positive thing. They are obviously ahead of the current administration on getting people engaged and using different platforms. Why not combine and use them all and change the time of broadcast to gain more viewers?

Spicing it up is what MSM does daily right after the pressers....and while on that subject again...what would be the problem exactly with making the pressers more available to the people they are meant for and changing the way they are done to actually engage those people? I am failing to see the issue with change. Wasn't that Obama's whole campaign slogan in 2008....Change.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

No. What are YOU talking about?

I think the goal is to disseminate information to MORE of the public in a manner that isn't boring, hence getting more of the public involved and engaged.

I don't know what English language dictionary you read and reference, but all the ones I read and reference say that phrase says you want to make these briefings more entertaining (which what less boring means).

Also viewer times are irrelevant. CSPAN runs 24/7 and rarely anyone watches that. You can't make something more interesting by putting it on in the afternoon. Heck you are likely to end up with LESS viewers that way.

It seems as though you're thought is the same as the OP and is not based on anything other than complete fabrication. They said they were going to change it up. Not sure why that isn't a positive thing. They are obviously ahead of the current administration on getting people engaged and using different platforms. Why not combine and use them all and change the time of broadcast to gain more viewers?

No #. I explained my fears and rationalizations for my thoughts in a previous post that I KNOW you saw, repeating what I already said doesn't make you insightful.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Spicing it up is what MSM does daily right after the pressers....and while on that subject again...what would be the problem exactly with making the pressers more available to the people they are meant for and changing the way they are done to actually engage those people? I am failing to see the issue with change. Wasn't that Obama's whole campaign slogan in 2008....Change.

WTF is this? Are you honestly trying to pitch an argument that ALL change is good or something? Get real!
edit on 16-12-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No. What are YOU talking about?

I don't know what English language dictionary you read and reference, but all the ones I read and reference say that phrase says you want to make these briefings more entertaining (which what less boring means).

Also viewer times are irrelevant. CSPAN runs 24/7 and rarely anyone watches that. You can't make something more interesting by putting it on in the afternoon. Heck you are likely to end up with LESS viewers that way.

No #. I explained my fears and rationalizations for my thoughts in a previous post that I KNOW you saw, repeating what I already said doesn't make you insightful.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

WTF is this? Are you honestly trying to pitch an argument that ALL change is good or something? Get real!

So...getting more of the public to watch the briefings is a bad thing? And yes, I said disseminate in a manner that isn't boring. Again....this is bad how?

As far as what I said about a time change for it to occur....I also said the major outlets at prime time...you know...the ones the mindless public watch for entertainment. Of course nobody watches CSPAN....

Are you honestly saying making these pressers more public by changing them somehow is a bad thing? That's sad....seems almost like you want to keep the public in the dark by continuing with a platform that doesn't work and isn't garnering any interest and hasn't even been talked about until now.

Hell....I just searched ATS for "press brief" and "press briefing" and only came up with 180 hits on the entire website dating back to whenever it was archived from, including all of the ones on this thread and those that weren't done by the White House.

So tell me again how whatever made up scenario from the OP even matters? Or how that scenario is even being discussed since it IS made up in its entirety?

Continually arguing a negative viewpoint will only jade the negatively inclined more....as is the case here.

Change is change....changing something that isn't working is a good thing....especially if it starts working, but we will never know unless we try it.

Anywho...wasted enough of my day trying to put a positive light on a possible change in a thread that obviously wants to focus on negative made up scenarios.

posted on Dec, 16 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think you've gone off the rails a bit. The leap from looking at how they perform daily press briefings to we are now in a war to conquer other nations for their oil is a mighty large one.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join