It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I actually heard a rumor discussed a week ago..

Trump has not held a press conference or taken questions from the press for almost 200 days..July 27th was his last conference..

He scheduled a Press Conference for Dec 15th (tomorrow) where he promised to explain he would be handing over all of his business interests to his children to prevent conflicts of interest...THEN he cancelled it at the last minute and said he would talk about that sometime in January.

NOW...The Daily Press Briefing is a daily event at the Whitehouse where the President's spokesperson gives statements on any important news and then takes Q&A from the press pool..Every President in modern history has had daily briefings...

RIENCE PRIEBUS ... Trump's Chief of Staff

"Look, I think that many things have to change, and I think that it's important that we look at all of those traditions that are great, but quite frankly, as you know, don't really make news," Priebus told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt.

"And you know, even looking at things like the daily White House briefing from the press secretary, I mean, there's a lot of different ways that things can be done, and I can assure you we're looking at that."

money.cnn.com...

By "a lot of different ways that things can be done"...I suspect he means Twitter...If you want to know what your President is up to, you will need to follow him on Twitter...and no questions answered!...and if you happen to post a question he doesn't like...The President will block you!

People report being blocked on Twitter by Trump
thehill.com...

Already the most non-transparent President-Elect in history...Spent an entire campaign demonizing the press...hasn't had news conference in months...and now is signaling as President he will eliminate the daily press briefings???

THAT is where the press get's to ask questions...

Woodrow Wilson was the first to make the WH Press Briefings daily in 1913, over 100 years ago...What about our complex world now justifies eliminating the Daily Briefing now?

I am just curious as to how many unprecedented Tyrant tactics the right wing will applaud and defend from Trump?

Everyone that bitched and moaned about Pres. Obama not being transparent enough?. All good with no more daily Q&A at the WH?

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I guess I'd have to ask...

Where anywhere in your rambling OP or the links provided does it state that there will be no more daily press briefings at the WH when Trump is in?

Your title... please back it up with more than ~you felt, the rumor was, it could maybe possibly happen... ~

Just saying... ~shrug~

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Well, I suppose if you are abused by people enough you stop playing nice with them. I wouldn't deal with those fools in the MSM either. They are just going to spin whatever he says to fit their BS. narrative.

Frankly, going directly to the people via Twitter is a great way to communicate. This way he can cut out the spin doctors and simply say what he means.

You are way off on this one OP.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Er...why should he even deal with those leftist mouthpieces who demonized him? I wouldn't either.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Actual title of the article cited:

"" Trump chief of staff Priebus: White House press briefings could be changed ""

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Last month, Wolf Blitzer told Trump that his failure to fulfil the expectations of press contact laid down by the Washington media was "unacceptable";
edition.cnn.com...
Speaking for myself, I know that if someone tries to lay down the law on me with their "expectations", I am highly motivated to do the exact opposite of what they want.
I would not blame Trump for having the same bloody-minded attitude.
Would the world really come to an end without a daily press briefing?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Everyone that bitched and moaned about Pres. Obama not being transparent enough?. All good with no more daily Q&A at the WH?

Not "good" with it. Just completely apathetic, at this point. The "press", in context of the OP, is a meaningless thing to me now. I don't care if they ask questions and if they did, I don't care to hear how they report on the answers.

Maybe when Democrats have to take it, for 4 or 8 years, they will have higher standards for their own leaders. Probably not though.

Meanwhile, independents, like me, are just hostages in the two-party pissing contest to develop the lowest standards.

I'm pretty settled in my apathy, now. I have been for about five years. I no longer have any hope, at all, that any president will be transparent and the media will go after tough questions and report ethically.

None.

I got used to it years ago. You will eventually, too.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't think I'd be too friendly with the press either If i was on the receiving end of a viciously slanderous smear campaign for over a year.

I think he should quit the TV mainstream news (FOX included) and give briefings to the rising Independent Online Press. Embrace the change in media power in America.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Your own source, CNN, says they're looking at different ways to get the job done. That means they're not just going to refuse information and you have no way of knowing how anything will be done or if questions will still be able to be asked.

Must follow the President on Twitter? And you think he'll still be personally replying and blocking people? I think he'll be a little too busy for all that. But it's a good picture you're painting to have something to go on the attack about.

"Tyrant tactics", nice. The news entertainment companies have given up on unbiased journalism and will just twist whatever information they are given in a way that isn't good for anyone involved except their own ratings from their obsessed fan bases. If they aren't acting like legit journalists then they shouldn't have the same level of access they've had in the past. You can't mess up on the job so much without anything happening. And these companies aren't above the standards of accepted journalism just because they're so popular or well funded.

In order to not live in a state of panic and fear or on the edge of lashing out at everything you don't like, I highly recommend waiting to see what happens then deciding if it's a good thing or not. You might be surprised at how the sky isn't actually falling.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I guess he is too busy....you know...talking to the american people.

The President-elect will hit three key swing states that helped him clinch the presidency, as well as Alabama — a Republican state — where Trump had large crowds and early support from Alabama’s Sen. Jeff Sessions, who is now Trump’s pick for United States Attorney General. Trump will be in West Allis, Wisconsin for a “Thank You” rally on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. He will also hold a “Thank You” rally at 7 p.m. in Hershey, Pennsylvania on Thursday. Friday night, also at 7 p.m., Trump will hold a “Thank You” rally in Orlando, Florida. He will also hold one on Saturday afternoon at 3 p.m. in Mobile, Alabama

www.breitbart.com...

Who gets to dictate what and what does not go on? Trump making changes to the same old same old is part of what got him elected.
Trump gave an interview to Chris Wallace on Sunday the 11th of December. Does Wallace not qualify as "the press" now?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The press briefings are worthless. Smug answers that never answer any real questions, certainly never any tough questions. Like what was Obama doing using an alias email and sending it to Hillary's private server? Where is the log of where Obama was during Benghazi? They are painful to listen to and disgusting to watch, the complete media collusion to never ever rock the boat.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Do you actually believe the press speaks or even asks questions for the people?

Hell no... The press does for the press and the press only. The press is never about facts. The press is all about 100% money!

Getting rid of this and replacing it wouldn't really make a different would it? At least replacing it would be a step up but I don't believe that's what is really being laid out here. Changing may not = Stopping.

Though still, I would like to see the press get it's just desserts.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is the first post from you that I have ever starred. Kudos for actually posting truth.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Perhaps Trump will just Twitter what he wants us to know.....typical.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Actual title of the article cited:

"" Trump chief of staff Priebus: White House press briefings could be changed ""

Ah. Thank you for clarifying. So the OP is just more "sky is falling Trump Bad" blather.

I'll wait till he gets in to complain, if I've reason to do so.

Off to a better thread...

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I *might* care if the media wasn't running around with it's hair on fire 24/7 over Trump. They're hysterical. This is just more of the same.

And how would anybody like to have to give a briefing on your job every #ing day? Even when there have been no new developments? That would never fly in the real world, why should government/press be exempt from common sense?

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
I guess he is too busy....you know...talking to the american people.

"Talking to" the American people is easy...ANSWERING QUESTIONS is what he is not doing.

The Daily Press briefing includes RIGHT WING OUTLETS as well..Fox et al...

He is floating the idea of simply NOT having free Q&A about his actions.

And the daily press briefings are TELEVISED...you want to skip the media...watch C-SPAN...

Over 100 years the daily briefing has been standard...

It is like some here don't think being asked a question is fair to a Presidential Administration.

I get rooting for your guy...But this is not about left or right.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Wouldn't it be great to see faces like Alex Jones in the morning briefings . We should really be careful just how far we push the left . They are very close to the edge as it is . here is a good interview with 2 people that spend lots of time at the briefings

edit on 14-12-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

And how would anybody like to have to give a briefing on your job every #ing day?

Ya it's not like Trump hasn't had press conference in almost 6 months...Oh wait a minute...

Just #ing amazing to watch the hypocrisy and embrace of tyrannical policy by his supporters...

# like this would not be tolerated for a nano-second if a Democrat was in office...and rightly so.

posted on Dec, 14 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Ohanka

Wouldn't it be great to see faces like Alex Jones in the morning briefings .

That would be fine with me...

That is what the love-struck Trump supporters are missing...

His administration is floating the idea of getting rid of the morning briefings...NO QUESTIONS...

I don't give a # who asks the questions...but I want someone in the WH to have to answer questions..

Holy sh*t ...the fundamental things the right will trade for winning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join