It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green eyes and odds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
An article the other day caught my eye about eye color. I have read where there are only two eye colors, blue and brown, and everything else is a shade within. But I started to think about those around me and what their eye colors were, and damn...the people that I tend to surround myself with are all green eyed for the most part. Supposedly, green eyes make up less than 3% of the world's population...and considering the African, Asian, South American, pacific and Native North American populations...I could see where there are a LOT. Of brown eyed people. Hell, my Grandad was half Shoshone but had the same blazing green eyes I have now...

Green eyes also change with mood and lighting. My first drivers license said hazel, my second said gray, now it's green.
Anyone else out there have any green eyed experiences?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Not really any experience other than looking through them.

Well, I Lie, the girls go apeshniz over them.

They are like ooooooooooooooooooooooh, come here.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yea we rock, bunch of blue and brown eyed mutants.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Mine can look green or blue depending on lighting I suppose.

Do you have excellent night vision too?

K~

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I apologize that I can't contribute to the green eyes thing... but... I can tell you that I have blue eyes and people have commented that they change from blue to grey during times of extreme emotions (sometimes good... sometimes bad).

link   

I have green eyes, too, They glow florescent yellow-green under a black light.

link   
I have green eyes, and my eyes show my mood, as well. They get very bright green if I am angry or horny (truth be told). They go blue or grey blue when I am calm or sad.

Are you light sensitive? I am insanely light sensitive.

Full sun gives me horrible headaches... partial sun isn't any better. Unless it is full overcast, I have to wear sunglasses. It sucks...

I also have rH- blood, so I must be an alien hybrid... or an angry Scot

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

Another light sensitive here.

K~

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek

K~

Wow... funny.

My night vision is outstanding. Sunlight gives me headaches.

My former Air Force doctor told me it was a common trait of folks with light blue or light green eyes... light sensitivity.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I have green eyes, and my eyes show my mood, as well. They get very bright green if I am angry or horny (truth be told). They go blue or grey blue when I am calm or sad.

Full sun gives me horrible headaches... partial sun isn't any better. Unless it is full overcast, I have to wear sunglasses. It sucks...

Nope, I'm positive...but the weird thing is, almost everyone I have been close to in my life has been negative rH.
I am light sensitive. I love being out in the full sun. Both my green eyed girlfriend and I comment about how our eyes fire off the little sparkles in our vision when we are outside, but it used to hurt when I was younger. Now, it is night driving that is a bitch. The contrast is bad. I usually keep most lights off around the house too during dark days.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I apologize that I can't contribute to the green eyes thing... but... I can tell you that I have blue eyes and people have commented that they change from blue to grey during times of extreme emotions (sometimes good... sometimes bad).

Yep, emotion plays a part.
My ex and my girlfriend both can tell my mood and emotions by seeing the color of my eyes. Even when I don't even know just how I feel

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   

K~

I used to.
Stared at one too many eclipses as a kid.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I've got green eyes. I'm the only one in my immediate family. Everyone else is blue eyed. My husband has blue eyes as do all of our babies. I was really hoping at least one would have green eyes, but nope. They are all copies of their Dad. I have terrible night vision, though only since lasik in February. Before that I could see great at night. Also sensitive to strong sunlight. It makes my eyes water.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: madmac5150

Nope, I'm positive...but the weird thing is, almost everyone I have been close to in my life has been negative rH.
I am light sensitive. I love being out in the full sun. Both my green eyed girlfriend and I comment about how our eyes fire off the little sparkles in our vision when we are outside, but it used to hurt when I was younger. Now, it is night driving that is a bitch. The contrast is bad. I usually keep most lights off around the house too during dark days.

Weird... maybe I am an alien...?? It sure would settle a few bets

I can function on a moonless night, no problems. My eyes catch contrast very quickly. Unfortunately, I am also blind as a bat without my contacts, and full sunlight is blinding to me. So, I wear sunglasses

I live in a very remote area. Night vision is a premium. I will take what my creator gave me

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I have green eyes and they change color depending on the food I eat. If I take an iodine supplement they get really silvery looking of a green. I had lost my green eyes for a while, they turned a brownish green but I took some multiminerals and they changed back to green within a year. They just had a little too much copper in them, now they are fine, I can see pretty well in the dark, and now as I age, the bright is kind of hard on the eyes sometimes. I guess it always was actually, I just had sore eyes a lot if I did not wear sunglasses in the daylight. I had safety sunglasses when I worked sometimes.

The color of our eyes effects what each person sees, there is no if ands or buts about it. But when someone defines what green is to another, the color begins translation in the brain and everyone's green is said to be green even though the colors are different between people.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Everyone in my family has green eyes.

We also have AB blood type.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

K~

I used to.
Stared at one too many eclipses as a kid.

I did that as well...

Are you still wearing adult diapers?

I got off of mine a few months ago...

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How does blood type play into eye color? This isn't the first time I've seen both talked about together. I'm AB-, just looking for clarification on the subject.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Everyone in my family has green eyes.

We also have AB blood type.

I'm ab+
Born of parents that were o- and a+
Some folks say that's impossible, but that's what is.
Both of my parents have green eyes. The only other sibling that I have that lived more than a few days has brown eyes.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
a reply to: Annee

How does blood type play into eye color? This isn't the first time I've seen both talked about together. I'm AB-, just looking for clarification on the subject.

It was a sarcastic reference. Some folks say that rH- folks are aliens. Others say that us "greenies" are aliens.

Call it "additive sarcasm"...

Now, if you should have a third nipple... PM me. You are in danger!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join