It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real time Facebook presidential poll shows a completely different story than mainstream media polls

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Pools as an instrument of mass control have seen better days.

Has happened in several elections and referendums recently. The young say they will vote, in the election day, stay at home.

Having early voting only worsen things, the old people will vote because they are organised and responsible, the young will leave it for last minute and in the end stay at home.

So, pools in either direction don´t convince me anymore.

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greggers

What I find funny is how many on here over the years, going back years and years and years, have yelled and screamed about how no one should believe in or take the mainstream media seriously.........

.......until it comes to election times.

Then all of the sudden, everyone looses their minds and if the news said it, it MUST be true!

All hail the mainstream media!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

On facebook I would expect the opposite result for a pool.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
While interesting, all this proves to me is that more Trump supporters use social media.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

They are just denying every poll to set up for the upcoming "Fix" threads.
They know deep down he lost after the first debate but they will not admit it.

link   
The problem with putting "Who are you voting for, Trump or Clinton?" in your facebook and then using that as an accurate cross-section of the population doesn't work because it's only your friends, and your friend's friends, who will see this "poll." People tend to surround themselves with similar thinking people, so it's unlikely that your facebook friends will be an accurate cross section of the population, and the friends of your friends would further reinforce this bias.

I mean comon, 90% lead over clinton? You don't think that by itself seems preposterously biased? No presidential race has even come close to that sort of disparity in the history of our nation.

link   

originally posted by: Greggers

originally posted by: MiloTheMarauder
I bet 100 million dollhairs that Hillary gets POTUS. Not like Facebook is any more a decent sampling size than wherever MSM gets their polls from. I don't have nor want a Facebook page.

Legitimate polling organizations poll RANDOMLY, with sample sizes that give reliable margin of error.

Facebook polls measure whoever voluntarily shows up to take the poll.

Big difference.

The are not scientific but I would expect the opposite result in a FB pool

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom
a reply to: olaru12

I got a join up deal with paddy power. I could have gotten Clinton at 4 to 1.

Readem and weep....Trumps done!

www.telegraph.co.uk...

I have a few bucks on Trump....I'm a sucker for long shots!!

edit on 26-10-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: introvert

If she wins this election I will be totally convinced that America has been hijacked by the Clinton Cabal and we are all friggin' doomed!

Because of a non-scientific poll conducted on facebook?

That makes no sense.

Scientific? This poll is much more accurate than these phony polls by the media who you have no idea who they are actually calling.

Agreed!

Damn!!! Watching these numbers gain momentum over the last 10 minutes... Right now it's like 1-2 comments per second. I'd love to see this catch on like wildfire, country wide.... Just to give people a real idea.

I currently live half of my year in the MOST LIBERAL CITY IN TEXAS and every person I've met and already know seems to be either voting for Trump or not voting at all.

link   
I agree that's not a "scientific pool" and shouldn't be taken too seriously, though the 9:1 ratio is the same you have when you compare the number of people at their rallies.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerminalVelocity

What I find funny is how many on here over the years, going back years and years and years, have yelled and screamed about how no one should believe in or take the mainstream media seriously.........

.......until it comes to election times.

Then all of the sudden, everyone looses their minds and if the news said it, it MUST be true!

All hail the mainstream media!

To hell with the mainstream media. It's everyone's job to do their own due diligence.

But statistics is a REAL branch of mathematics, with real rules for random sampling and margin of error.

Facebook polls meet none of those qualifications and are for entertainment only.

link   
So.. People on Facebook like trump.. My friend also got 53 likes when he posted about taking a s##t..

+5 more 
link   

When Trump loses, will you come back and acknowledge that scientifically conducted polls use reliable methodology, while Facebook polls have no statistical relevance?

For someone who should know enough about how science is applied to polls in order to argue about it, maybe you should at least learn the difference between a method and methodology... Or were you just trying to sound more intelligent by using a longer word?

edit on 26-10-2016 by CraftBuilder because: of typo.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

However, there are not enough of them to push him past the general election because they nominated a guy with very limited (and I mean VERY limited) appeal among independent and swing voters.

Look, this proves these votes are untampered, you can pull up every single poster who voted Trump.

and acknowledge that scientifically conducted polls use reliable methodology,

The scientifically reliable methodology doesnt show the raw data like this guy has done on his Facebook page.

I am sure you are talking about mainstream media so call reliable methodology, which in my "opinion" is rigged.

(post by Hazardous1408 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hail TRUMPOTUS! Bye bye off to jail Hilary Criminal! People are sometimes misled and easily confused but when enough is enough they are relentlessly determined! Maybe now is one of those occasions! Brit observer! From and BREXIT predictor!

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

You contradicted your own post...

So you say "To Hell with the MSM" But we should believe there polls ?

Or do you have NON MSM polls for us?

Sure they have some mathematically correct formula to ensure their preferred result.

But does it reflect ?

I take a random citizen poll anytime over the psy-op indoctrination war official polls are and has been for a few decades.
edit on 26-10-2016 by EartOccupant because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrapAsUsual

originally posted by: MiloTheMarauder
I bet 100 million dollhairs that Hillary gets POTUS. Not like Facebook is any more a decent sampling size than wherever MSM gets their polls from. I don't have nor want a Facebook page.

Legitimate polling organizations poll RANDOMLY, with sample sizes that give reliable margin of error.

Facebook polls measure whoever voluntarily shows up to take the poll.

Big difference.

The are not scientific but I would expect the opposite result in a FB pool

I thought the same at first but only if FB itself was doing the poll. This is just an average guy posting to FB and one person is sharing to another and another to another until people are seeing the link all over the place. It's a downhill boulder from here. It's currently at 16.3k where just minutes ago it was barely above 15k.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Bookies are usually right but you got the odds wrong.

Clinton still in the lead by a nice margin....

Probably because bookies know for a fact this election is rigged.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

If she wins this election I will be totally convinced that America has been hijacked by the Clinton Cabal and we are all friggin' doomed!

Because of a non-scientific poll conducted on facebook?

That makes no sense.

Non-scientific poll? Is that like the MSM polls that have consistently been proven to be oversampling democrats so the polls fit their narrative?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join