It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden Exposes Military Aide With Nuclear Codes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

There is a person that is always in the entourage of the President and Vice President respectively that carries the means necessary for the CIC to access our Nuclear War protocol. It's not a secret. It's not a briefcase with a piece of paper inside of it with a password written on it. The codes change all the time and can be changed instantly upon a breach, the person responsible is also changed all the time.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Nuclear codes are not static, and if they are, that's a giant security failure. They are probably on encrypted keys that change all the time.

And no Aide would have access to nuclear codes, only POTUS does. He doesn't even have access.

I dunno why he'd have said something so foolish but it can't possibly be true.

~Tenth

You are correct. The Commander in Chief is the only one that can ORDER a launch. Not LAUNCH. That would be a freakin mistake . And Bill is the one that made it that way. Obama , Biden , an aide do not have the launch codes.And they are not static.

Dumb*** Biden talking out the wrong crack again....

edit on 8/16/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
If what he said is true, he just endangered the lives of those men/women that "follow" him around.

No. It's well known in the US that the president and VP have secret service and military aides who follow them around. If their lives were endangered after what Biden said, they were endangered before. That information is widely available. As is information on the nuclear "football".

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
At one point I would have said that he would have been detained immediately and investigated thoroughly prior to being prosecuted. But given his position and recent events with HiLIARy, all I can say is good luck to the guy with the codes (even though they were probably immediately changed and his access permanently restricted at that point).

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Google image search for "Nuclear Football"

Literally anyone with a search engine or in the presence of POTUS or VP can identify the person with the access protocol.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes, but this is the equivalent of having the guy responsible wear a neon orange suit with flashing lights on his head everywhere they go.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

Biden did nothing of the sort.

The VP is a member of the National Command Authority. He has the ability, with the consent of the Secretary of Defence (and, if necessary, their deputy) to authorise the use of nuclear weapons.

Members of the NCA are accompanied at all times by military aides carrying the "football" briefcase.

Casually waiving his arm and referring to these people doesn't in itself endanger them. Referring to them, or any other government employee, during a partisan political speech is however a bit incautious. But it's hardly a hanging offence and I don't really get the contrived outrage.

Some in the right-wing media seems to think it is stupid, if not a little dangerous to divulge that information. Some in the left-wing media simply repeat Joe Biden's assertions that Trump is untrustworthy with those codes, without mention of it at all. Thanks for the little bit of clarification.

I wager very few people in that auditorium knew who in the room had possession of nuclear codes, at least until Biden referred to him, pointed him out, while staring at him.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
That's an awfully big bag to have to carry around. It's 2016, there should be an app for that.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

The person carrying the football is already a neon sign and I'm sure anyone that saw him or her knew exactly who they were and what they were carrying.

ETA:

edit on 8/16/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I wager very few people in that auditorium knew who in the room had possession of nuclear codes, at least until Biden referred to him, pointed him out, while staring at him.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

It appears like they are carrying briefcases, for sure. To someone as ignorant about these things as myself who saw something like that, it would look innocuous, but being told that there are nuclear codes in there I am not so certain.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I would agree. The guy sitting there with the ZERO Haliburton case is not exactly inconspicuous. Remember that authorization falls under the "two man rule" were 2 people have to be okay with it. In the event of an over attack during the cold war, a General flying aboard the Looking Glass plane could be the second man. Biden perhaps needs the codes to activate his portion of the Permissive Action Link in the event that POTUS decides to launch an attack etc.

Its more political theater than security risk IMHO.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntisocialAnxiety
That's an awfully big bag to have to carry around. It's 2016, there should be an app for that.

Sorry can't launch, the app is up-dating LOL

But on a serious note, Its no doubt hardened against EMP and contains uber secure satellite links thus require a bit more space than a standard Iphone, heck even an Iphone plus

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: JDeLattre89

The person carrying the football is already a neon sign and I'm sure anyone that saw him or her knew exactly who they were and what they were carrying.

But... Biden waved in his general direction!!! Danger! Danger!

originally posted by: FredT
Its more political theater than security risk IMHO.

Agreed. But this has been the most dramatic election season I've ever witnessed! It's like people are addicted to drama. And it's not just politics. It seeps into every aspect of life. (Good to see you, Fred)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I'm not military but it's not a big deal. Any time the President/VP goes somewhere, there's always an aid behind them with a briefcase chained to their hand. That's the supposed nuclear codes.

It's all for show though, it's just so the US government has a physical representation of our ability to nuke anyone and everyone at any time. The real codes aren't kept in a briefcase like that because it's too insecure. It would mean there's a single point of failure at case (such as that agent going rogue and disappearing).

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AntisocialAnxiety

It's meant to be big. The whole point of it is that the person stands out. It's a message to opposing governments that no matter where our leaders travel, they have the ability to end you and your country if you do something bad.

Every other nuclear capable nation can do the same thing, I don't think most of them carry that type of bag though because it's not necessary but I seem to vaguely recall Russia does something similar.
edit on 16-8-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Even if the carrier were attacked and killed and someone stole the football, it wouldn't matter, the CIC codes would have been invalidated before the body hit the floor and the next in line would have to initiate.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So the codes are not with the aide?

I do like the idea that it serves as a show piece, for nuclear deference and such, but it's conflicting with Biden's assertion.

Either way, as long as there is not security risk here, as I think many here have rightfully made clear, it doesn't bode well for the right-wing press in their assertions.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join