It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Threatens Australia Twice in Days with Destruction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: intrptr
You in SK, right? China isn't the one pushing, more like defending its own 'backyard'.

They take with one hand and give take with the other. They're gonna get one of their hands cut off playing like that.

Same goes with US. Yet, no one is reporting them. Unlike South China Sea, US doesn't have big island nations attempting to block.
edit on 1-8-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
www.rt.com...

She's on, China says it is preparing for a short war...one which it will win. Wonder how the Japanese will respond ? they are long time enemies and seeing their economy has stalled for 20 years perhaps they see this is the event it needs to break out of its economic quagmire. Japs vs Chinese would be an interesting battle, just to see what sneaky sh!t the Japs have up their sleeves.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This sort of stuff is just nonsense talk to make folks at home feel like China is strong and running the show. The reality is China could not invade Australia. It does not have sea or airlift to get enough forces that far and it's carrier, if they could even get it there, would not provide enough air cover to protect its ships much less support landings.

China would have to invade Papa New Guinea first and hope nobody did anything about it to build air and naval bases for support and logistics. Of course the US would notice and reinforce Australia and pour arms into PG.

China's is pushing back more bombastically the normal because the recent ruling against it has emboldened nations like Indonesia, Philippines and Vietnam. the US arms deal with Taiwan at the start of the year, India and Australia joining other nations in the South China Sea for joint exercises and of the US ignoring the Chinese every time they are warned not to sail in some of the areas they claim; ad to that economic problems and China needs to appear strong to its own people.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
a reply to: intrptr

South China sea...

Do they mean the Indian ocean?

Not another US Navy lake, right.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Australia - Don't worry. The Chinese are robots and indoctrinated from birth. Their press is controlled and censored. The Chinese people are being fed all sorts of rubbish, including that China has some sort of rightful claim over the South China Sea.

Give it 50 years. Australia will still be a prosperous and democratic nation. I wonder what will happen to China because I cannot see the dictatorship lasting the test of time.
edit on 2/8/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth
www.rt.com...

She's on, China says it is preparing for a short war...one which it will win. Wonder how the Japanese will respond ? they are long time enemies and seeing their economy has stalled for 20 years perhaps they see this is the event it needs to break out of its economic quagmire. Japs vs Chinese would be an interesting battle, just to see what sneaky sh!t the Japs have up their sleeves.

Unlike the Americans the Japanese have to live with the consequences of their American Overlords acton in the region. They will dutifully sit by and be what they always have been, an occupied, slave state platform for US military domination in the region.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Give it 50 years. Australia will still be a prosperous and democratic nation. I wonder what will happen to China because I cannot see the dictatorship lasting the test of time.

Australia isn't threatening China , the US is.
edit on 2-8-2016 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

ARE YOU a tool for the APPARATCHIK or WHAT?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

China's 'backyard' shouldn't consist of constructed islands with a 'sudden' 12 mile zone.

Thanks for redefining their borders for them. Think they will buy it?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

ARE YOU a tool for the APPARATCHIK or WHAT?

Is that a stylized swastika in your avatar?

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Stop trying to derail the discussion. This is not about the US, or NATO. It's about China and Australia.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Stop trying to derail the discussion.

Focus on the topic, not members.

This is not about the US, or NATO. It's about China and Australia.

Australia. and US are both members of NATO.
edit on 2-8-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I'M VERY GLAD you asked ,no.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

I'M VERY GLAD you asked ,no.

Yes, it is.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:47 AM
link   
the us hasn't brought 'freedom' to a country its own size since wwII, its not about to now. China has nothing to worry about.
edit on 2-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

And YOUR expertise would be ?
I DEFINATELY know more than you about by it any stretch of the imagination.
DO TELL.
edit on 2-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Snarl

China's 'backyard' shouldn't consist of constructed islands with a 'sudden' 12 mile zone.

Thanks for redefining their borders for them. Think they will buy it?

And there is the problem no other nation will buy there newly created borders either. I know in China they aren't going to tell there people that creating islands in shipping lanes violates international laws. China wants to be a world player just doesn't want to follow the rules everyone else has to. I'm waiting for Japan to say screw it and start building there own islands heck in a couple of 100 years or so south china sea could be land. Lol
edit on 8/2/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Stop trying to derail the discussion. This is not about the US, or NATO. It's about China and Australia.

You do realize if China were to atrack Australia that it would get full NATO backing. So in other words China would immediately start a war with 28 countries. Now thr war scenario they discussed is just US forces. Imagine the forces accumulated by 28 countries China would only last a couple of months before there armed forces were wiped out. Then they would have to decide to peace talks or nuclear.

Even China isn't crazy enough to make this mistake so this is all just saner rattling for there people. In order for the communists to maintain control they have to appear strong.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

I'd take a threat from Chine a little more seriously than from NK. Not sure if one in a newspaper is real or not, though. If it's not from the government, it could just be someone blowing off steam.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

If Australia gets smaked as stated by China we should blame noone but our so called leaders in Canberra. Its they who agree to being a vassal state of the US and will do anything the US instructs them to do.

This in turn, really means that if this happens its our own fault because we the people are supposed to be boss not the servant government in Canberra who has agreed to be a dog for the US.

A long time ago I watched a doco on TV wherein an Australian solider was one of many soldiers in a parade being addressed by an Americian Officer. Among other things the American officer said" The Brits have got the Gurkha's and we have the Aussies."

I suggest that arrangement with the US has still not changed. That statement also tells me went to Vietnam because we are a slave state of the US even though its dressed up to look like we're 'friends.'

Being a vassal state of the US is exactly what will cause us to get smacked by China if they smack America over the south china sea. IT WILL BE OUR OWN FAULT !.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join