It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Threatens Australia Twice in Days with Destruction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
www.news.com.au... 3fd3

A PROMINENT state-run Chinese newspaper has launched a scathing attack on Australia and threatened to take military action over the South China Sea dispute. The Global Times editorial piece, entitled ‘‘Paper cat’ Australia will learn its lesson’, follows the Federal Government’s decision to support an international tribunal over the South China Sea. It describes Australia as a “delirious” country with “an inglorious history” that is mocked by others, going right back to British colonisation in 1788 in its searing assessment. “It was at first an offshore prison of the UK and then became its colony, a source of raw materials, overseas market and land of investment,” the editorial reads. “This country was established through uncivilised means, in a process filled with the tears of the aboriginals.” It accuses Australia of not only “trying to please the US”, but of intending “to suppress China so as to gain a bargaining chip for economic interests”.

www.news.com.au... 6

BEIJING has reacted angrily to a US think-tank’s prediction that any war would inflict heavy losses on China, vowing that that the US and its allies ‘would suffer more’. An editorial published in the Global Times, part of the State-controlled People’s Daily, yesterday took direct aim at military and international affairs think-tank RAND Corporation’s hypothetical war scenario covering the South China Sea. The War with China: Thinking Through the Unthinkable report predicts that, in any conflict between now and 2025, the “United States can no longer be so certain that war would follow its plan and lead to decisive victory,” a statement reads. “Chinese losses would greatly exceed US losses, and the gap would only grow as fighting persisted.” Beyond 2025, it says the technological and numbers gap will have closed significantly. “Even then, however, China could not be confident of gaining military advantage, which suggests the possibility of a prolonged and destructive, yet inconclusive, war.” Beijing sees things differently.”

They're sounding more like a despotic commie regime not unlike North Korea more and more every day, they can invade us when ever they want but once they get here we'll convert the ones not killed by snakes, crocodiles and sharks over to our way of life...beer, footy and fishing.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

If I were Australian I would not feel good with this type of rhetoric.

If I were Australian I would not feel worried about it either. Even if the world goes to shiz, Oz will still be there I reckon.

I do hope that China doesn't try to embargo Oz though, especially by sea, that would be pretty sick.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Looks like the 70s and a "Cold War" scenario again
Someone saying that someone else would bring down "Fire and Brimstone" on another. Just rounds of bull**** being spewed forth. The first "Cold War" was app. 30 years of this crap. Wonder how long this will last ?

Oh , btw , China who ? You never mentioned a last name

edit on 8/1/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
How the f*** do you make a hen from a feather

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What...Paper Cat !!!!....

We are not even a Paper Tiger.....Tasmanian Tiger that is (vicious little buggas)??

How about a Paper Tiger cub???

Actually, they are correct in their article....everything they say is right.

Cant argue with that, of course they forgot to mention, they are pee'd off that they didnt invade Australia first...back in AD 2000 or when ever they first found it.....Oh yes, it was the Chinese that discovered Australia (not the indigenous people), they have already told us that.

But yes, sadly the mostly "White" Australia is looked down upon by the now Very Successful Asian countries.....

We are a small outpost of Europeans, almost crushed by billions of "Non Europeans" around us.....
Maybe time to leave soon......but the weather here is so damn nice, other than the searing Summers.

Funny tho, they have already invaded......in my once white bread suburb, I swear, every time I go to the local shops, I see more new Chinese faces in the crowd all around..............Some cute Girlies tho....not that I have a chance being old and white.

Is there any room back in Germany?.......Aaaahhhhhh Germany, I can drive at 150mph and noone cares....Yeahhhhh!!!!!

edit on 1-8-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yes, right on...

That use to be our advantage, we are Soooo far away from everybody, and a large desolate Island, Who would or could invade us?

Of course, as you said, that can also be a disadvantage....easy to isolate/embargo, kill the shipping lanes.

Once upon a time, we use to make everything ourselves......now we virtually make nothing, and import everything.....From China!!!!

(well not everything you know...we like German cars....made in South Africa.........)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Hey, leave Australia alone!

We'll save Australia
Don't wanna hurt no kangaroo
We'll build an All American amusement park there
They got surfin', too

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

That is the issue really.

It is easy to think no worries but at the end of the day an embargo is a scary thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

A country is especially vulnerable when their survival depends upon imports from other countries.

This is one important reason why the US needs to build up self-sufficiency and reduce dependence upon goods, food, and fuel from other countries.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
I do hope that China doesn't try to embargo Oz though, especially by sea, that would be pretty sick.

That would be 'An Act of War' actually. Why not just send the entire People's Liberation Army and get the job done overnight?

I hate to even think about the atrocities they could visit on the Australian peoples before anyone could get their act together and do something about it.

Sounds like pretty serious business to me and I hope the Chinese lay off soon.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
China has become a world power by creating a dependence upon their manufacturing.
It is going to make them more and more bold, and what are other countries going to do about it?

Do you think that the US "can" go to war with China at this point, even if they start invading other countries?
They hold everyone else prisoner because we can't survive without their manufactured goods.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Yes, right on...

That use to be our advantage, we are Soooo far away from everybody, and a large desolate Island, Who would or could invade us?

Of course, as you said, that can also be a disadvantage....easy to isolate/embargo, kill the shipping lanes.

Once upon a time, we use to make everything ourselves......now we virtually make nothing, and import everything.....From China!!!!

(well not everything you know...we like German cars....made in South Africa.........)

Never mine yourselves, even Britain forbids you guys to make and build your own military. Ha, right back at you. Now you guys are relying on USA for military and soon to become another US nation. Its about time Aussies have to pick sides.
edit on 1-8-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I dont think we will need a War.

They have already invaded. The Whole population of Australia, is just one city in China.

I heard the other day that Tokyo has 35 Million people living there...35 Million!!!!!

Mind boggling to me....and Yes I know Tokyo is not China.....but the same point either way.

It would be far easier and cheaper for China to just offer every "European" Australian One Million dollars US, to sell up, and leave the country, and basically give it to the Chinese........War can be expensive......this would be cheaper for them.

I'd be in that.....buy a small villa in Spain or Italy......drive the Autostradas and Autobahns....Yeah!!!

No more damn spiders and sharks.........

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Both links seem dead got the same message.

We had a good look, but couldn't find the page you requested.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

It would be far easier and cheaper for China to just offer every "European" Australian One Million dollars US, to sell up, and leave the country, and basically give it to the Chinese........War can be expensive......this would be cheaper for them.

I'd be in that.....buy a small villa in Spain or Italy......drive the Autostradas and Autobahns....Yeah!!!

I like your style!

Funny tho, they have already invaded......in my once white bread suburb, I swear, every time I go to the local shops, I see more new Chinese faces in the crowd all around

That was also one of my first thoughts, glad someone else said it

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I'd ask an original source but I wouldn't believe it anyway since I can't read Chinese.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Sounds like pretty serious business to me and I hope the Chinese lay off soon.

You in SK, right? China isn't the one pushing, more like defending its own 'backyard'.

Forgetting for a minute they named it the South China sea, their response to all the over fishing and need for resources on and around these spits of land is self preservation.

Its the United Staets and their posturing, ringing the Pacific eastern rim with military bases on occupied lands and the two Aircraft Carrier groups patrolling like they own the damn place that is creating the tension, not China.

Google search

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

South China sea...

Do they mean the Indian ocean?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
WELL THEY have that TOTALLY under control.
I READ IT on a thread from a guy in Australia who was anti gun...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join