It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire marshal limits Trump crowd despite venue being almost empty

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Political interference? I'd say so. 'They' are mad because Hillary can't draw anyone, and don't want her to look bad. In fact, she and Kaine canceled an event in Ohio due to lack of interest. The venue was in Ohio so I'm sure Kasich was behind this because he doesn't like Trump.

Donald Trump renewed his complaints on Monday about fire marshals limiting the size of his rally crowds, telling reporters in Columbus, Ohio that thousands of fans were kept out of the city's convention center 'purely for political reasons.' 'We've had thousands of people outside. Thousands,' Trump told pool reporters as he entered the Greater Columbus Convention Center. 'They were turned away by – for political reasons – purely for political reasons.'

'They said in this massive building you're not allowed to have any more than a thousand people. And that's nonsense,' Trump vented

The entire hall is a 72,000 square-foot behemoth that can seat 4,140people at banquet tables. With rows of chairs, that capacity would be much larger.

www.dailymail.co.uk... nside.html#ixzz4G7922SJw

Clinton-Kaine Have to CANCEL Cleveland, Ohio Event Due to Lack of Interest
truthfeed.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Given some of the pictures I've seen of Trump rallies, I have little doubt that he has drawn large crowds, but you need to provide pictorial evidence that this is the case ... people being shut outside of venues ... for some people.

On the other hand, I have zero doubt of the Hillary apathy.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

i saw the pictures

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Trump has a habit of giving out more tickets to his rallies than the venue can handle and then complains about people having to be turned away.

The question we need to ask is if Trump's campaign was willing to pay for the use of the entire room. Considering half the room was blocked-off by drapes, I'd say no. He did not rent the entire room.
edit on 1-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

i saw the pictures

Me too.

If anyone wants proof of the O.P, Google it. As I was told when I first entered this crazy domain, "Google is your friend".

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Given some of the pictures I've seen of Trump rallies, I have little doubt that he has drawn large crowds, but you need to provide pictorial evidence that this is the case ... people being shut outside of venues ... for some people.

On the other hand, I have zero doubt of the Hillary apathy.

Crowd inside

Crowd outside

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Pictures at the source in the OP.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Trump has a habit of giving out more tickets to his rallies than the venue can handle and then complains about people having to be turned away.

The question we need to ask is if Trump's campaign was willing to pay for the use of the entire room. Considering half the room was blocked-off by drapes, I'd say no. He did not rent the entire room.

Uh, pictures show a half-empty room not draped off. Nice try.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Half the room is draped-off to limit access. Why?

If Trump rented the entire room, why did the service staff drape-off half the room?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If Trump rented the entire room, why did the service staff drape-off half the room?

he didn't put out enough money to rent the whole room would be my guess

link   
Again, just basic research tells you the halls capacity is 1500 at its largest for a lecture event. 450 for a banquet. So just another lie from Trump. UniversityCente, room and capacity chart

Building Room Lecture Classroom Banquet Square U-Shape

GALLOGLY Event Center 1500 N/A 420 N/A N/A

link   

My point is half of the undraped portion of the room is still empty. They apparently didn't even let more people in to fill that part.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If everyone was let inside, then who would the peaceful democrats have left to attack. Got to leave some of the bait outside.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If he only rented half of the room, the Fire Marshall wouldn't be the one limiting the number of people. So that theory is blown to hell.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Then why does the source say it's a 72,000 sq. ft. venue that can seat 4,140?

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Isn't this the same convention center that hosted more than 3000 people for Clinton and Sanders?

Democratic presidential hopefuls Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders spoke Sunday night at the Ohio Democratic Party’s Legacy Dinner in Columbus.

The event was held at the Greater Columbus Convention Center, with over 3,000 people in attendance.

Link.

edit on 1-8-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Because Trump has got one of his team to hack the centre's I.T systems and inserted the lies, damn lies!!

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

My point is half of the undraped portion of the room is still empty. They apparently didn't even let more people in to fill that part.

If they were going to use the entire hall, the blue drape would not have been there. The drapes are there to separate the half of the room Trump was using from the half he was not.

He did not pay for the entire hall.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I don't think that is the room he rented. The description for the 72k sq ft room says it has carpeting. The room Trump rented does not have carpet.

Also, 24k of that sq footage is on the mezzanine.
edit on 1-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It appears the campaign knew the capacity was limited to 1,000 people.

Assistant Columbus Fire Chief Jim Cannell said fire officials met with Trump's staff on Friday to inform them the space they were booking was limited to 1,000 people due to safety concerns. "They knew that was the plan, that it was 1,000 people max," Cannell said.

www.dispatch.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join