It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A snowflake feels the heat at work.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Folks, this is just entirely TOO precious.

This is the kind of real world experience that apparently our kids, pardon me, "young adults" need. When I was a kid, it was made perfectly clear. If you wanted to sit with the adults, and you did not behave appropriately, you'd get slapped down pretty darn fast.

The proposal was written professionally like examples I have learned about in school, and our arguments were thought out and well-reasoned. We weren’t even given a chance to discuss it.

Awww, diddums! You did it exactly as you were taught in school? You felt that your arguments were thought out, well reasoned, and made good sense to you?

And given all of that, my poor, downtrodden, forced-to-wear-stuff-you-don't-like-because-it's-just-not-fair-and-you-really-shouldn't-have-to-do-something-so-soul-crushing-as-to-wear-the-attire -that-your-managers-have-told-you-is-a-requirement-but-you're-special-and-mommy-always-let-you-wear-what-you-wanted, beautiful little snowflakes.......

You STILL got shown the door? Given the boot? Sacked? Fired? Maybe you need to protest that, too?

I have never had a job before (I’ve always focused on school)

No, really???

and I was hoping to gain some experience before I graduate next year. I feel my dismissal was unfair and would like to ask them to reconsider but I’m not sure the best way to go about it.

Maybe you could drop to the floor, spit out yer dummy, thrash wildly, scream and yell and cry, pound your fists....

Mommy might come kiss your emotional booboo....

I was fired from my internship for writing a proposal for a more flexible dress code

You just cannot fake this stuff. These pathetic excuses for "adults" are the future.

Just too funny.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I have never had a job before

So, she immediately starts telling management how the company should be run. Classic Snowflake Syndrome behaviour.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

roflmao!

How precious. Not surprising though when they are indoctrinated at the universities to bitch and complain about everything wrong in their lives by blaming and pointing the finger at everyone but themselves! "Personal responsibility" when mentioned gets a hilarious violent reaction from most of these Marxist drones.

Sad thing is most of them grew up in decent homes and weren't deprived from much of anything growing up yet poor me!

They are clueless of what being poor and without is really like.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Thanks for the LOL

I just woke up and this was my first thread of the day so it started off good.

It is amazing how many times I feel this statement could be applied at ATS.

The proposal was written professionally like examples I have learned about in school, and our arguments were thought out and well-reasoned. We weren’t even given a chance to discuss it.

In a few threads yesterday even.

And now I am sure I will see it in this thread

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

We get interns all the time.

It's fun when we feed them to Cthulhu. They squeal and make funny noises.

Then we go back to work.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Dear Nullifides, diddums, did some one upset you
Did someone make you cross, that's just sad

I dislike your comments because they come across as arrogant and self righteous
Maybe perspective rather than a religious zeal

I will kiss your emotional boo boo if you pay me enough

You act like those you rant against, not good enough for you?
Being the crybaby because they won't do as you wish

Bitchin at people, whining at people makes you look worse than those you go after

Kiss kiss
edit on 30-6-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

What are you sure will be seen in this thread?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Reminds of me of the time when Black Lives Matter came to my college one time and started disturbing the peace when they barge into classroom and protest in the MIIDDLE OF THE EXAM!

I wonder how they are faring now that some of them graduated.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Dear Nullifides, diddums, did some one upset you
Did someone make you cross, that's just sad

I dislike your comments because they come across as arrogant and self righteous
Maybe perspective rather than a religious zeal

I will kiss your emotional boo boo if you pay me enough

You act like those you rant against, not good enough for you?
Being the crybaby because they won't do as you wish

Bitchin at people, whining at people makes you look worse than those you go after

Kiss kiss

You're good for a laugh. I appreciate your existence in that light.

But apparently you've been missing a certain narrative that has a rather prominent sentiment outside of the millennial generation.

Do you somehow believe their expectations, their behavior to be good?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Who has hurt you? Do you want to talk about it?

You don't need to be so grumpy. Isn't that what the world needs, people with their own ideas and full of spirit? She wants to change her environment for the better. They could have just explained why they didn't like her idea. I bet she would have made a dedicated employee.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I work with the elderly and some of them are cranky. We recently hired a 20 yo to answer phones and that didn't last.

She took a call from a ww2 vet that wanted to talk to the woman he dealt with last time so the girl asked who he meant. He confessed that he didn't know the woman's name but that she was "oriental"

The 20yo spat back at the old bugger that oriental was a racist term. He lost his S at the implication that he was a racist. She got fired.

When she told me the story later she still didn't understand what she had done wrong. All I could say was "so many things"

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I just realized why we have the open borders policy.

Corporate America can't afford the waste of time of having to hire the snowflakes. Easier to bring in Indians and Pakistani's, Russians and Poles to do the work. And that's exactly what I saw at the last company I worked for. They gave up recruiting from US Universities. It was too expensive and the results were awful.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Its cute to see people thinking there the first generation to # on the next one.

Bravo for repeating an age old mantra

edit on 30-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Good for a laugh? That I try to be.

I hope that, that SJW becomes your manager one day and doesn't take the piss out of people learning and growing

I am in a senior role where I work, I to some degree carry the company I work for
I want to wear shorts in summer but can't, I have asked but was told no, that's ok

I don't think you grow good staff by acting like a dick, you grow good staff by teaching them
keeping them, encouraging them
You sound like a bully, dictator, you want to be the man not be a part of a progressive company

I laugh and shake my head

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Aww did this traumatize you so much you felt the need to berate and complain.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Do you realize that your rant comes across as a crybaby whine fest as well. The irony is palpable!

You just joined the snowflakes....congratulations!
edit on 30-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join