It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal Immigrants Need To Enlist In the United States Military If They Want To Live In America!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Maybe this idea has been brought up before and maybe not...But I think It should be mandatory that if you are an illegal that wants to call America home, then you must sign up for the U.S. Armed Forces for a minimum of 2 years! Serving the country you desperately want to live in sounds like a fair trade off to me! If you are too old to serve then your children will upon their 18th birthday...

With the talk about wanting to reinstate the draft, I think this makes much more sense. It would be a way for each person not legally eligible to reside in the U.S. to feel like they are participating in society and giving back. I bet if the criminals sneaking into America knew they would be required to serve and be deployed, they would think twice about bringing their life of crime with them into the States. This idea would probably serve to calm tensions between legals and illegals....

What do you think ATS?

Pax

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

Like in Starship troopers people had to do military service to gain citizenship.
Do you round them up and force them in or do they get a choice?.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I like the concept but I don't know how we pay for millions more soldiers.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheKnightofDoom

Like in Starship troopers people had to do military service to gain citizenship.
Do you round them up and force them in or do they get a choice?.

Or like in the Roman Empire?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

NOPE NO choice they come they serve! They will know the rules before they get here and the ones here that don't want to have an option to leave! Perhaps instilling some discipline and honor and respect would cut down on the violence and the gangs
we see run amok when SOME of these minors and young adults get here....And if they refuse send them home!!

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Military trained refugees with access to military hardware... hmmm.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If they're illegal and don't care about crossing the border unlawfully, then what makes you think that they will care about a law that says they have to join the military?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Yeah, um, great concept... Now what happens when out of a million or two enlisted people, 1000 or so are terrorists getting free explosives and weapons training? Plus, what about situations like ft. Hood where some nutbar goes off his mental reservation, starts screaming Akbar bin bumbuddy, and then proceeds to shoot soldiers on a military base?

They can do two years minimum wage labour on community construction projects. Hopefully that would keep additional military training away from the wrong people.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/25.2016 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I would tend to disagree. The 9/11 terrorists worked for years to learn how to fly just for their intended mission? (If you believe the MSM) I don't want to fastrack would-be terrorist cells into our country. While a decent idea at it's core, I think it would set us up for more undue loss of life.

I don't see a problem with our current legal, unloopholed process.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well we could bring most of our troops home and let them train the illegals here. Then we could take all the money given to illegals now and their freebies and invest that into our Military....I don't know, just a thought...

Pax

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
edit-

edit on 25-6-2016 by breakingbs because: never mind..

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I think that would be a brilliant idea, if all the illegals had honourable intentions for the country they want to call home and prove their worth. However given the current climate and world events, i think it might be a back door for people with a lot more nefarious intentions against the US.

Sort of like letting a whole load of vipers into the nest.

JMO

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

NOPE NO choice they come they serve! They will know the rules before they get here and the ones here that don't want to have an option to leave! Perhaps instilling some discipline and honor and respect would cut down on the violence and the gangs
we see run amok when SOME of these minors and young adults get here....And if they refuse send them home!!

If your concerned with your citizens not having discipline and honor, you might want to start with your born Americans to lead as an example.

Filling your ranks with Imigrants that come from countries that despise yours sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The premise of your argument being to enter the United States you must first become cannon fodder, willing to participate in an illegal policing of the world???

What happened to “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free”???

The mind simply boggles at your logic.

edit on 25-6-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Being illegal, they should not get the opportunity to join the forces - they should be deported back to their own country and encouraged to enter through legal means, it would be cheaper for the taxpayer too. The military should be made up of legal citizens.

But, I do believe that conscription would yield benefits.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

I see your point Dave, well if we had a decent leader who would actually vet and then enforce the law it would work but I like the community projects idea.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Filling your ranks with Imigrants that come from countries that despise yours sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Usually we get foreign nationals to fight amongst themselves so its not like we haven't trained and armed whole insurgencies abroad. "XYZ president must go."

Never happen at home, though.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I guess if you have a Military filled with illegals, you wont have to worry whether they will fire on American citizens if told to do so.. No thanks.

iTruthSeeker

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Hey I starred your comment but then you went and put a trump picture there. How just...arggggh.

???

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

It is not the citizens that I was referring to it was the criminally minded illegals. Thinking of a way that would be a deterrent to a life of crime and i'm talking about the ones who have grown up with it and don't really know anything better...

AND I was referring to the discipline, honor and respect that our United States Military instills as their core values, Malbosia. They are the leaders! The ones who do not take FREEDOM for granted!

pax

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join