It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson is better than Hillary or Trump: Make America classical liberal again!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Have you ever looked at his record as govenor? It pretty impressive.

Admittedly not super polished but he also isnt a career politician like Ron Paul. Ron has said plenty of whacky things too. Love him for it.

Same with Johnson
Bill weld is also a great politician.

Both of these guys unified both parties in the states they governed to pass legislation.

Which is much more useful than being a wormtung

We could use some of that today.
edit on 25-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Gary Johnson is a fool.

Have you ever actually listened to any of his interviews?

I can't take the guy seriously.

At least Ron Paul knew what he was talking about.

How is he foolish? Not to start an argument. I'm genuinely curious. I've watched many interviews and don't take away that impression at all.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SisterDelirium

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: SisterDelirium

A president getting drunk is also a concern.

Hillary has been known to drink, including publicly while on duty.

Trump does not drink or do drugs. I respect that in a president.

Trump may not do those things, but he doesn't strike me as a good administrator. He is a showman and an excellent ringmaster who knows how to work a crowd, but lacks substance.

He also lacks insight and is too easily flustered by perceived slights.

As an example of lacking insight:

He just visited Scotland.

He congratulated them on the out vote.

The majority there voted to stay IN the EU.

That's more than a political gaffe. That's just an embarrassing level of ignorance on the part of a potential leader.

Also drugs do not have anything to do with what kind of person the individual is unless they are addicted. Which marijuana does not have the capability of doing on anywhere near the manor of every other drug.

A psychopath doesnt need to do drugs to do damage.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hes not hard line libertarian, but hes smart and pragmatic, running very much as a libertarian leaning centrist candidate.

He is the best candidate of the three. Though Im not sure if he is tough enough to stand against the far left and neocon globalist agendas.

Id prefer Ron Paul or Rand Paul but they arent options.
edit on 25-6-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Psh... a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Hitlary.
I'll pass... puff

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: BlueAjah

Right is that a science based approach?

You know there are strains that don't get you high correct?

The former governor told TheDC, “One of the assets that Cannabis Sativa has is a ‘Sativa lozenge.’ which I’m going to suggest is as good a marijuana high as exists on the planet. We can’t legally produce it anywhere because its strain specific.”

Gary Johnson Reveals The Last Time He Used Marijuana Read more: dailycaller.com...

Yeah, there’s the great, great buzz and you wake up the next morning and it's as clear as can be.

Source

Johnson said. “And then secondly, it’s just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant.”

Gary Johnson gets into pot

Yeah, sure.
Gary just does medical and never gets high?
Sheesh. He ADMITS he gets high, so diversion is not going to work here.

I could link to other sources, but they are probably against TOS due to the main content of the sites.

edit on 6/25/16 by BlueAjah because: fixed links

edit on 6/25/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/25/16 by BlueAjah because: added link

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Actually he takes more polling from Hillary than Trump.

Why do people keep saying that?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: imitator
Psh... a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Hitlary.
I'll pass... puff

That's something that gets me. How are we ever going to have a third party if everyone always follows the logic that "they'll never win"?

We can't just bemoan the two party train wreck. We need to at least try to do something and vote for legitimate 3rd party candidates.

With two particularly odious options currently offered, libertarians would have a decent shot at it this time.

It's certainly better than the "hold your nose and vote" strategy I keep hearing about.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
A vote for Trump and Hillary is a vote for two authoritarian parties.

edit on 25-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Id like to add that Johnson is an incredibly impressive person. Read about the guy. Seriously the guy is fairly amazing at what hes done, from triathalon to scaling mountains to creating his own successful business to fixing the new mexico budget. Anyone that reads about the guy and is not blown away at his dedication, hard work and pull up your boot straps success has lost their mind.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'd vote 3rd party if they have a set of balls, I"m just not seeing it... plus it's a little too late, and a dollar too short, everyone has their eyes on Trump and Hitlery.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

We have to vote against the authoritarian two party system.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

I'd vote 3rd party if they have a set of balls, I"m just not seeing it... plus it's a little too late, and a dollar too short, everyone has their eyes on Trump and Hitlery.

I wouldn't underestimate people. There are enough people feeling decidedly sick at the thought of Trump or Clinton that Johnson could have a chance. The biggest hurdle is visibility. If more people could get to know the Johnson/Weld ticket, I think there would be many disgusted non-voters who might actually show up at the polls in November.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Id like to add that Johnson is an incredibly impressive person. Read about the guy. Seriously the guy is fairly amazing at what hes done, from triathalon to scaling mountains to creating his own successful business to fixing the new mexico budget. Anyone that reads about the guy and is not blown away at his dedication, hard work and pull up your boot straps success has lost their mind.

Agreed. It's hard to fathom someone voting for Trump or Clinton with Johnson in the race. He's honestly the most truly American (as in, the part of being American I always felt good about) option.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   

In moderation, it is no different than wine consumption.

People who love one but hate the other are hypocrites. I'm with Johnson. Who cares what he does for recreation? As long as it doesn't interfere with his job, its none of my business.

Legalize everything, 21+.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

You know, since the 2000 election (the first one in which I could vote) everything I heard from the candidates sounded like "Vote for me, I can run your life better than the other guy".

With Johnson/Weld, what I hear in their interviews sounds more along the lines of "You run your life, and we'll run the government better than the other guy".

That's what we really need: administrators who actually tend to the administration of the US government. We don't need anyone interested in running other people's lives or countries for them.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If you watch the USA Today piece in the op he pledged not to use marijuana while campaigning and while in office. I believe him.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Gary Johnsons's biggest problem, and this is true of the Libertarian platform in general is that most of the authority he wants to take away from the government is going to go to corporations. Having something of a democratic process we have a say over some of this while it remains under government control, but if it goes entirely to the private sector we give that up.

For example, with industrial regulations he assumes the corporations won't dump toxins into the environment because the people working at those corporations don't want chemicals dropped in their back yard either, but there is very little of a collective say to stop it and competition demands it. You can look at Somalia right now which is the most Libertarian country on earth, they've resorted to good old fashioned piracy, taking over ships that dump toxins on their coast and they're forced to do that because their government is too weak to tell these corporations much less other nations "No".

Not only does this concern me that our own companies will start dumping toxins in the US if we remove these regulations, but it concerns me that other nations will be able to start dumping their trash here because our protections revert from the collective voice of 50 states to the lone voice of one state that can enforce their will with merely a national guard rather than a real military.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Gary Johnson can't do anything about regulations. Particularly while adhereing to a libertarian philosophy.

He certainly is one of the best recent Govenors to have made progress in his states literal problems

Weld is no slouch either. He worked very well with the Democrats in MA

Johnson worked very well with Democrats as well

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: luthier

Because I have seen people stoned on pot.
And I would not want them to be in a position of being responsible for important decisions that affect the safety and welfare of the entire country.

Have you seen people drink? It's pretty much an expectation in business and many social situations that you get at least a little buzzed alongside everyone else. Every president drinks. Yet, if/when they do get drunk they don't go about administrating policy at that time. Why do you think it would be any different with marijuana?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join