It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson is better than Hillary or Trump: Make America classical liberal again!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We need to empower the individual and we need to disempower the state.

A Gary Johnson supporter promoting the only presidential candidate with sound,inclusive policies at a Trump Rally.
edit on 25-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: fixed formating

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
"Gary Johnson is better than Hillary or Trump" That is not saying much. Any number of inanimate objects would do a better job than Trump or Clinton.
edit on 25-6-2016 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Gary is a great guy. im a trump supporter, but have been intrigued by mr johnson. his stance on immigration, marijuana legislation, and his history of never raising taxes have definetly caught my eye.
I wish jessie ventura would live up to his own words, he did say if bernie didnt get the nod then he would enter election.
lets face it, as a nation we cannot let the elite put hillary clinton in office. UK has given the cabal the middle finger, and we need to do so as well. hillary is so obviously the clear choice of TPTB. i dont care who is put in the white house... it cannot be her.
but... sadly, i do believe there is nothing americans can do about it. even if a few hundred thousand vote for her, it will be rigged for her to win

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Sorry, but I find it very concerning that he is admittedly a regular pot user, including smoking, eating, and using cannabis "lozenges", produced by his own "Cannabis Sativa Inc.". He was the CEO of this cannabis products company until quitting to run for president.

I do support legalization because prohibition is a failure, and I really think it is a personal decision. I do not hold it against people who choose to indulge.

I just do not see it as a good habit for someone trusted with running our country.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I support Trump, but I really like Gary Johnson.

My state is deep blue, so I may just vote for Gary just to raise the numbers.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Sorry, but I find it very concerning that he is admittedly a regular pot user, including smoking, eating, and using cannabis "lozenges", produced by his own "Cannabis Sativa Inc.". He was the CEO of this cannabis products company until quitting to run for president.

I do support legalization because prohibition is a failure, and I really think it is a personal decision. I do not hold it against people who choose to indulge.

I just do not see it as a good habit for someone trusted with running our country.

I think it's a bit naive to think our elite political class doesn't touch the stuff. Remember Bill "I didn't inhale or have relations with that woman" Clinton?

He was also a governor. Both he and his running mate have the kind of administrative experience (both well-liked, responsible governors in their time) I'd like to see running. I'm not prochoice or pro-gay marriage (beyond the idea of getting government out of "marriage"), but I am pro-freedom...and have yet to hear them say anything that truly worries me...in fact, most of what I hear, I like. Contrary to those other two, who strike me as irresponsible liars.

I applaud the honest RE: his pot usage. It's not something I'd choose for myself, but don't see it as any worse than drinking.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

Not only did he not raise taxes he didn't do so at the expense of the poor.

He actually worked on the education system and issues of poverty while gov and made helping the poor a priority rather than the cause of all tax problems.

Turns out he could clean up plenty of mess without taking it out on opposing viewpoints all the time. He worked with both sides.

And he is a self made millionaire unlike trump or clinton.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SisterDelirium

Johnson had a spinal injury from hang gliding (he is also a triatholon athlete) that left him an inch and a half shorter. He used pot to manage the pain instead of opiates.
edit on 25-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: nobunaga

Not only did he not raise taxes he didn't do so at the expense of the poor.

He actually worked on the education system and issues of poverty while gov and made helping the poor a priority rather than the cause of all tax problems.

Turns out he could clean up plenty of mess without taking it out on opposing viewpoints all the time. He worked with both sides.

And he is a self made millionaire unlike trump or clinton.

What would this country do with an administration that actually administrated rather than played party politics and carried water for elite interests? Pretty sure we'd all die of shock.

I read that about him, too. Hands down, the guy has my vote.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Well he was I smart enough not to get hooked on opiates.

Why would you be concerned about what medication he takes?

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yeah I may consider not needing to run to the mountains and burry my head in the sand to keep from going insane with the idiocracy of politics.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Johnson had a spinal injury from hang gliding (he is also a triatholon athlete) that left him an inch and a half shorter. He used pot to manage the pain instead of opiates.

Even better. I knew he was very athletic, but didn't know about the accident. I wouldn't have judged him, even if it were just used to blow off steam, though. There's enough right with him that the pot thing is incredibly inconsequential.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Because I have seen people stoned on pot.
And I would not want them to be in a position of being responsible for important decisions that affect the safety and welfare of the entire country.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

a reply to: luthier

Because I have seen people stoned on pot.
And I would not want them to be in a position of being responsible for important decisions that affect the safety and welfare of the entire country.

Somehow I doubt the man would be taking hits off his bong during the State of the Union.

I've seen people drunk on alcohol, and yet, people who drink from time to time routinely get elected?

I'm far more concerned about the ones drunk with power than stoned with pot.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
You know, if every special interest group, association, forum, organization, class, business group, online group etc would just vote something other than the entrenched parties we'd see change.

If 4,716 registered members as well as 556,488 guests on ATS, all voted either green or libertarian. That's a pretty good block of votes.

edit on 25-6-2016 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

A president getting drunk is also a concern.

Hillary has been known to drink, including publicly while on duty.

Trump does not drink or do drugs. I respect that in a president.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Only 5% of the popular vote would drastically change the game for 3rd party candidates in the future, so I am heavily considering voting for Johnson. I don't agree with everything he stands for, same way I didn't agree with everything Bernie stands for...I don't care if it means Trump wins, I'm not voting for Hillary, period.

Bernie is wrong IMHO to endorse Hillary and not a 3rd party candidate if he's unwilling to run himself 3rd party.

" In terms of financing, 5 percent will radically change the Libertarian candidate’s hand in the next election. Indeed 5 percent is the milestone set by the Federal Election Commission to be eligible for the Presidential Election Campaign Fund’s grant. The amount of public funding available to the minor party candidate is based on the the ratio of the party’s popular vote in the preceding presidential election to the average popular vote of the two major party candidates in that election."

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

A president getting drunk is also a concern.

Hillary has been known to drink, including publicly while on duty.

Trump does not drink or do drugs. I respect that in a president.

Trump may not do those things, but he doesn't strike me as a good administrator. He is a showman and an excellent ringmaster who knows how to work a crowd, but lacks substance.

He also lacks insight and is too easily flustered by perceived slights.

As an example of lacking insight:

He just visited Scotland.

He congratulated them on the out vote.

The majority there voted to stay IN the EU.

That's more than a political gaffe. That's just an embarrassing level of ignorance on the part of a potential leader.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Gary Johnson is a fool.

Have you ever actually listened to any of his interviews?

I can't take the guy seriously.

At least Ron Paul knew what he was talking about.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Right is that a science based approach?

You know there are strains that don't get you high correct?

And the president doesn't run the show. It's a system of checks and balances and the guys record as gov is pretty impressive. As is his building of a multi million dollar company out of a handyman service he used to pay for college.

Not to mention he is a triathlete? Obviously not a "stoner". Also think of people like Carl Sagan, Elon Musk, Steve Jobs, Gates, several astronauts and all the other extremely successful people who choose to smoke recreationally.
edit on 25-6-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join