It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is being tested at China Lake, Calif, to cause this notice?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: desert

Run a test, analyze data, refine and run again, wash, rinse, repeat.

yes. wash, rinse, repeat

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert

Run a test, analyze data, refine and run again, wash, rinse, repeat.

yes. wash, rinse, repeat

I use the same phrase

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
I was listening to a show the other day that all they were talking about is this stuff happening.

- testing jamming equipment

is really the only one that makes sense, technically. The issue is, what are you intending to jam?

It's EASY to "jam" GPS on a global level. So if you wanted to stop Joe Blow from using GPS whilst your soldiers still could, easy peasy, it's a couple of lines of command typed in and bob's your uncle.

So, it's got to be some sort of local thing they're trying to prevent. And again, having shown your hand that you have local jammers for some local threat, it's also easy to um...provide for other means of guidance...for your homebrew missile.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

The Phenom users the Garmin GR77 Attitude and Heading Reference System. It takes input from GPS,the air data computer, and magnetometers to read the attitude of the aircraft.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

The circles expand with altitude and at 40,000 feet the interference will affect a circular area of the Southwest 950 nautical miles across, reaching central Oregon, Colorado and New Mexico.

So its an aircraft, jamming further out the higher its altitude.

Gives a whole new meaning to 'no fly zones'.

Marching as to war…
edit on 9-6-2016 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Not necessarily. A ground based system does the same thing. The higher a radar signal travels the father it can see barring terrain in the way.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Not necessarily. A ground based system does the same thing. The higher a radar signal travels the father it can see barring terrain in the way.

Now I know its airborne, you downplayed it.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Whatever.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Ok, way way above my pay grade, but the notice says "GPS signals down to 50 feet AGL could be 'unreliable or unavailable' ". Does that mean that GPS would work from ground level to 50 ft above? Maybe there would be no lost riders, to put it terms I can wrap my brain around? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yes. The signal is only affecting airborne GPS units. It won't affect ground based units.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

You know, if anything, one can learn things (become educated on a subject) from threads. I just learned something new. And helpful.

So....I do wonder what is going on at CL. Curious. Just testing GPS systems or actually working on a defense/offense tool.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Almost certainly some kind of defensive system IMO. The only thing is, for what. Is it only blocking GPS, or does it do more. Is the effect on GPS deliberate, or just an effect. All we can do is speculate.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I wonder the same thing. I wonder if there is even a remote connection to these two things that have popped up on the radar.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

You know, if anything, one can learn things (become educated on a subject) from threads. I just learned something new. And helpful.

So....I do wonder what is going on at CL. Curious. Just testing GPS systems or actually working on a defense/offense tool.

Yes! Head on over to the aviation forum! Its chock full of great info. I guarantee you will learn loads. But my biggest recommendation is to read this below supplied thread. Read it till the end. Thats where theres an expose on whats really going on with military AI.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Make sure you read it till the end, thats important.
edit on 9-6-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure
I was listening to a show the other day that all they were talking about is this stuff happening.

- testing jamming equipment

is really the only one that makes sense, technically. The issue is, what are you intending to jam?

Embraer commuter aircraft, apparently.

It's EASY to "jam" GPS on a global level. So if you wanted to stop Joe Blow from using GPS whilst your soldiers still could, easy peasy, it's a couple of lines of command typed in and bob's your uncle.

So, it's got to be some sort of local thing they're trying to prevent. And again, having shown your hand that you have local jammers for some local threat, it's also easy to um...provide for other means of guidance...for your homebrew missile.

Well supposedly that's what the Iranians claimed they did to take down the RQ-170 (assumed with Russian/Chinese help): spoof GPS signals that gradually drifted so that the craft thought it was landing in 'safe mode' back in Afghanistan but actually was somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
THESE ARE NOT DRILLS OR TESTS! All the random "terror training drills" and "night time urban combat training" randomly and with little warning by the military in urban centers are actual live operations. They sell them to the media as tests and drills, a media that will not question, so that we never find out against who or why.

The civil war has been raging since at least 2011, but they do not want the public to know or they will be up in arms. These operations have likely been targeting organized patriots who have been fighting covertly to stop the takeover of America by the globalist Cabal that wants to destroy our Constitution.

I question just what is going to happen in rural "Jade Helm" states where this activity is going to occur on the West Coast. Everyone be vigilante. We have been under attack directly in the shadows since Obama came to power.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

What does any of tat speculation have to do wit the speculation on this topic? I fail to see the connection.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

because it means they are probably waging an attack on patriots in rural areas, and intend on making sure they do not have access to anything that will help them fight the inevitable "training exercise(s)" that will be quietly reported during the aftermath.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Ahhh....I see.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I have my own theory as to what they're up to with this test, but I wont share it because I dont want to find out if zaph really can do the vader force choke on me remotely through his computer.

If the legends are true He might actually be able to so im not gunna risk it.

Besides he knows where I live and I dont want a big rig pulling up playing "who let the dogs out" while his pet ceberus blue pit comes bounding towards me slobber and snarling doing the nation a favor by bitting my ass.

Also got a theory as to whats really gone down at jade helm but I dont want other esteemed members such as bedlam face palming and hurting himself. Seriously that poor guy probably has to put on a motorcyle helmet and padded mitts for self protection before he reads half my posts.
edit on 9-6-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join