It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is being tested at China Lake, Calif, to cause this notice?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here is a warning for GPS interruption over quite a wide range.

GPS Interference Notam For Southwest

Any ideas as to what is being tested? For what purpose? To be used where? What program it might be?

Feel free to contribute more questions as well as answers.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

Ok that scares me, I live in Santa Monica almost in the center, I too would like to know what that is. My cell phone has been wonky for a few days. Nice find, thank you.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
And look at this, why just this one type of jet especially?

Operators of Embraer Phenom 300 business jets are being urged to avoid the area entirely. “Due to GPS Interference impacts potentially affecting Embraer 300 aircraft flight stability controls, FAA recommends EMB Phenom pilots avoid the … testing area and closely monitor flight control systems,” the Notam reads.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Why can't they test their expensive toys over the ocean on ships and not effect air travel?

We need Zaph to chime in here.
edit on 6 7 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert
And look at this, why just this one type of jet especially?

Read the comment....

And who in the FAA was dumb enough to certify an AHRS system that requires an external GPS signal to properly function ( Embraer Phenom 300)

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Ok that scares me,

Just why are you scared?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Looks like a GPS jamming system of some kind.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Well, if it is going to be interrupting GPRS navigation systems, then whatever it is must be some kind of electronic warfare gear. It could be that they are testing a method for preventing satellite data from reaching ground stations, for the purposes of rendering enemy intelligence operations relying on satellite communication from going ahead, or preventing targets being identified.

It could also be some kind of electronic seige weapon. Deploy over target area to mask what is happening on the ground, prevent communications in or out which rely on satellite access, allowing your troops to move through the area without being targeted by satellite guided munitions?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I know. Hey, it looks we're safe. We're not up in the air.

The testing centered at Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division based in China Lake, Calif., could affect aircraft at least 50 feet off the ground within hundreds of miles of the base to as high as 40,000 feet above sea level nearly 550 miles away. The affected area is the shape of an upside-down layer cake, with the largest layer 40,000 feet high spanning California and Nevada, and stretching across much of Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Arizona.

media source

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
They test ordiance and other technology.

also rumored to be a secret base and theres a secret hangar there as well.

lots of weird activity

sometimes they set off real big bombs

i was stationed there very weird place

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The Phenom is the only aircraft that has a stability system that relies on GPS to keep the aircraft stable. If they lose the GPS signal the stability system fails and they can lose control.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
desert

China Lake naval air weapons testing station is rumoured to be an MKultra programming/ reconditioning site. It's said that they ship in abducted children there to MK them. All conspiracy, pure speculation I read in Springmeier/Wheeler's How to Create an Undetectable Mind Controlled Slave as well as a number of other publications whose names I cannot recall at the moment unfortunately. Although I am fairly certain that one was a David Icke book.

Perhaps they are flying in a new batch of slaves via Armitage Airfield and wanted to disable local GPS?

Hey, don't look at me. You said speculate!
edit on Cpm7Tuesday4620160130Tue, 07 Jun 2016 19:46:01 -05002016 by CagliostroTheGreat because: FNORD

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Why can't they test their expensive toys over the ocean on ships and not effect air travel?

We need Zaph to chime in here.

Maybe that is part of the device's function, to effect air travel.

And probably all communications.

It would seem to me, if you make a device that can block an EMP, that you would make that device to control the signal as well, if you could.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

they fly in 727's full of civilians that dissapear never to be seen again and have entire black squadrons that fly in at night and leave in the morning

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Good comment! Well, I guess it would work most of the time, when GPS is working.

Another question. Does GPS ever go down anywhere in the world sometimes, or is it always 100% reliable?

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Because the point of jamming GPS is to prevent guidance signals from reaching GPS guided weapons. The higher you can release it, the farther it goes. There are GPS weapons that can reach several hundred miles if released high enough.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

they are probably testing whatever replaced the growler

link   
onequestion

That's the conspiracy. I have read about hangars lined with cages full of young children waiting to be programmed. Hopefully that's BS. Imagine if it were true!? Horrifying.

link   

It's usually reliable, because they have multiple satellites, which means redundancy. If your antenna or receiver goes out though all the satellites in the world won't matter.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

never seen any children that sounds like bs but i promise you theres a lot of weird # going on there

everyone on base including the officers think theres a secret underground base and theres lots of civilians that arent aloud to mingle with military, never see that at either of the bars in town

everything is very very compartmentalized

<<   2  3  4 >>

join