It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Trek show a go - CBS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
On a serious note I do hope they do the series based on the parallel universe stemming from the movies. They could do whatever they wanted from now. No vulcans and more advanced technology than previous series.

As long as they don't go down the battle star gallatica/stargazer universe approach of human emotion rather than hardcore science fiction.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: zenartist

Ah, the famous quote by Doctor Who McCoy.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Wonder how they'll screw that up. Probably be dripping with PC.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Is Star Trek the one where Doctor Spock uses the Force?

That was actually kind of a rather clever attempt at humour.

... I don't care about what they all say about ya mate, your all right.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
... I don't care about what they all say about ya mate, your all right.

They say a lot of things about me. All of them are true.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I hope the bring back Mugato.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
And from what I've read -- CBS will only be broadcasting the first few episodes to get people hooked, and then expect US viewers to purchase a CBS streaming service for like $5.99 a month to watch the rest of the episodes.

Oh, and rumor has it that it won't take place on a ship named "Enterprise".

And this is not at all the kind of revival any fan should be excited about.

What's the point if it's not accessible to fans?

It's already doomed to fail.

There needs to be another letter campaign.

edit on 11-5-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I'm not too optimistic, believing that "Trek" had its best days in DS9.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Don't be teasin' now....

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Exqueeze me?

DS9 was good but Capt Janeway was better!

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

If you like Scott Bakula then you'll like or love enterprise. Some Star Trek fanatics talk a lot of crap about it but I could really appreciate it for what it was & its one of my favorites. It's just a very different style from NG & DS9. The nostalgia moments & references made it very enjoyable for me though. I love the prequel concept. I think people don't see how similar it is to TOS. Personally, I kind of hate TOS. I LOVED the pre-shatner pilot. I found it stimulating & intriguing while still exciting & it drew me in. Of course, most of America found it too "thinky" & "intellectual"
edit on 12-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Really? I found Janeway excessively predictable & downright annoying with her sanctimonious attitude. Specific episodes I found heavily leaning in that sentiment & so I blame the writers. Now I want to rewatch the full series & make notes on which episodes stand out to me & see if there's a specific or certain writers that rub me the wrong way in their interpretations.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

DS9 took me by surprise. I never in a million years thought I could love anything or get choked up as much as in NG. Given, I'm big on nostalgia so Obrian & Worf made the series for me. Tbh, after binge watching DS9 at least 3 times in the past few years, I have to fast forward through all odo & Kiera relationship scenes. They make me nauseous they're so contrived.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Last I heard it was a black female captain? I have nothing against it but it does drip of PC.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GemmyMcGemJew

You sicken me, sir. I am filled with disgust & cringe at your suggestion.

edit on 12-5-2016 by SmurfRider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
I'll let you off as that made me chuckle.

Good, because I would hate to have to use the Vulcan Eye Gouge on you or whatever it's called.

Ok now that was funny. I LoLd hard. But Spock using the force? That's old school hater jargon.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

If you were a self-respecting Trekkie, you'd have remembered to say "pre-Space Jesus arc"

I'll give the new series a whirl. The more this becomes a sure production, the more I find myself willing to dump the cable, stick with the Netflix & add CBS AA to get my sci-fi fix. Besides, Trek is the only reason I have Netflix to begin with. Once we're no longer locked into the Devil known as Comcast's bundle package, we'll actually save quit a bit (side note: Comcast's basic cable is fricking overpriced in monopolized areas) Plus I'll have fresh Trek. Win/win

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmurfRider
a reply to: TonyS

Last I heard it was a black female captain? I have nothing against it but it does drip of PC.

Rumor was Angela Bassett cinched it, I think, but that rumor was openly shot down BY the actress due to pre-existing commitment(s). I want to say it was someone from Orange Is The New Black (is she on that show? Never seen it personally, but if memory serves, I think she is)

Either way, not a new concept for minorities (let alone chicks) to pop a squat in the captain's chair. People bitched & said Sisko was a PC gesture. I effing LOVE Avery Brooks' take on him, nobody else could have done Sisko better. The idea of Rachel Garret captaining the Enterprise also ruffled feathers. I remember a whole lot of moaning about her.

Also, captain of the disabled USS Saratoga in ST4: TVH was a black woman, so...yeah. Nothing new to Trekkies, NBD.
edit on 5/12/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
I'll let you off as that made me chuckle.

Good, because I would hate to have to use the Vulcan Eye Gouge on you or whatever it's called.

Oh dear, the vulcan language the kids use these days, it a vulcan shame.

posted on May, 12 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

By Grabthar's Hammer, I will get revenge for that remark.

You gonna make me watch Star Trek V over and over?

It's them chrononononononononononononononon... time looping particles!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join