It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Australia was Invaded

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Dont Panic the chances of anyone invading is zero Australia is to bigger land mass to conquer
as someone who spent time in the ADF in the artillary i can say the natural terrain is the country's best defence
is would be a matter of drawing any invading land force inland and let the Mozzies, snakes, crocs spiders .......etc, which
we have the most dangerous!!, plus the logistics alone with supplies for a large ground invasion would be a nightmare even for any modern army- just look at the vietnam war the viet gong was out number, out gunned, by a far more modern force
the USA and they used local knowledge of the terrain beautifully... its still studied today so any invasion would result in an
eventual dog fight Freedom fighters style!!

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Why would Australia need any help unless the invasion is from outer space.
Even If the nearby two countries invade together...it would be a joke...they are just too incompetent.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xdarjim

For maximum effect ... we would need to re-arm the population ...

If we wait for an invasion ...
It would be a "Shut the gate " scenario ...

Gets back to the rocks and shanghai thing ...

😎

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: everyonedies

Never underestimate your opponent ...

( Bruce Lee ... not art of war ! )

😎

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The only countries that would invade Aussie are the following. USA, China, Japan, Russia, Possible South Pacific Asian countries(prob not South Korea though), Middle eastern countries(if they make it that far with their Allah Akbar).

Don't think USA won't invade? USA still wants to destroy British power one way or the other. Aussie will be seen as any enemy or opportunity when other super powers are gone.

edit on 11-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Why would you omit a massively overpopulated, farmed to the max. Archipelligo group with a massive Muslim predominance ...

Whom are within spitting distance from Oz.

from your list ?

edit on 11-5-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Or were you talking broader Asia ?

You do know that we are a part of SE Asia right ?

As Aussies we prefer to have a beer with a neighbour and be on good terms and being sympathetic to any needs that you can offer up
Without cost nor penalty.

Malasia and Singapore are two for you to google.

Excuse any typo's phone responses are tough.
🙄😎

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: celinem

What are you going to do ?

Chuck rocks at them ?

Bows and arrows are prolly all we are allowed ...

I think you would be quietly surprised at how armed up we Aussies are with legal firearms.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Our biggest weakest other than a small army is our massive coastline, sitting duck really.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Sorry mate, but your entire post is crap

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mazzroth

I think you would be quietly surprised at how armed up we Aussies are with legal firearms.

and dont forget the real interesting weaponry that Johnny Howard missed...

the clever people held on to their favourite pieces and got top dollar for their old crap.

And good on them too I reckon.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
And don't forget that every SES unit has a slingshot for getting ropes over roofs

But in those bright orange uniforms they probably will only get one shot before being shot.

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Or were you talking broader Asia ?

You do know that we are a part of SE Asia right ?

As Aussies we prefer to have a beer with a neighbour and be on good terms and being sympathetic to any needs that you can offer up
Without cost nor penalty.

Malasia and Singapore are two for you to google.

Excuse any typo's phone responses are tough.
🙄😎

Lol, The only reason those countries aren't doing jack is because USA is there and pushing them towards China. Australia has a lot of materials for a continent. Tiny Asian countries needs to move on one way or the other especially sitting in the ring of fire. As for mussies they hate western life style, esp Europeans. Australian is mostly white ancestor. Convert or Die is what they do.
edit on 16-5-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

Sorry mate, but your entire post is crap

Canada and both Australia is screwed when it comes to fighting superpowers. They both rely on other countries as alliance and protection. Military too small. Too reliant on US. Not using latest technological equipment especially self invention(Avro that was shutdown, example). The only thing both those countries are making is ships. The navy is so god dam small, especially Canada when it comes to the giant landmass.

See ya in WW3 Aussies and Canucks.

posted on May, 17 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

Australia I cant spell it how far from America is it?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: hillary7878876
a reply to: mazzroth

Australia I cant spell it how far from America is it?

LOL Good one, I had a very interesting conversation with an ex Government Analyst ( she is an absolute stunner ) who works as a risk analyst for Insurance companies now and to give a brief summary I said to her in no uncertain terms...Does this government realize that the US and its financial hegemony is in its final stages of power and that China is the new world centre of power ? to which she confidently replied "Absolutely, why do you think we have saddled up to and blended seamlessly with them in the last 10 years?".

She went on to say that basically we know the the US would not be able to protect us fully in the coming 50 years and that we have pretty much hedged our bets against being totally one sided and that even back in the Rudd days we were basically saying to the Chinese we recognize your importance and that we accept and respect your projection of power in our region.

It was a very interesting conversation and her confidence and aura reminds me a lot of Lena Headly of Game of Thrones fame .

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What would be the purpose or strategic value for invading/taking over Australia? I don't see it.

Also consider the extremely low population of Australia (24 million?). They would be so vastly outnumbered! And the amount of time it would take the rest of the world to rally troops to their remote location... yikes. Basically the enemy could bombard the couple major cities, setup their bases wherever they like, and it's over.

But again, they don't have much to worry about.

FYI I like Australia. If I had an extra 10 g's laying around I'd love to take my family on vacation there.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

We have massive deposits of Uranium, think Nuclear Weapons and think Nuclear Power.

en.wikipedia.org...

This list shows that Australia has 31% of the Worlds Uranium Deposits. This is the answer to your question.

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
And the amount of time it would take the rest of the world to rally troops to their remote location...

How would the enemy get their troops to a remote location? how would they supply them with food etc? y

Basically the enemy could bombard the couple major cities,

From where exactly? What with exactly? You apparently do not realise how big Australia actually is!

setup their bases wherever they like, and it's over.

So they have a base set up thousands of KM from anywhere.... thee point of doing that is what exactly?

posted on May, 18 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
And the amount of time it would take the rest of the world to rally troops to their remote location... yikes. Basically the enemy could bombard the couple major cities, setup their bases wherever they like, and it's over.

Not only is the distance the factor, but the access. The roads are not that good out there. There are only a handfull of roads good enough that can get you down from Darwin or the York peninsula to the East and South East where the population centers are. These roads can be bombed in no time. There are more dirt tracks but they will not take the traffic required to invade further south. And if it rains they are impassable. Just because water is marked on a map it doesn't mean it will be there or that it is any good for anything. Road trains carrying animals only travel certain months of the year and if there is unseasonal weather then they stop. Even then they only pass on these roads maybe once a day, not the kind of traffic an invading army would need. There is bulldust and insects and countless unknown unknowns for an enemy army. Any spies would have to spend more than a few years travelling these roads gathering the necessary know how, but perhaps they have already done it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join