It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Australia was Invaded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The yanks would have to protect us, they have too many secret military installations on Australian sovereign soil they'd need to protect.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mazzroth

When I lived in China . . . I ended up with a few friendships with well connected folks. More than one of them convinced me that it is accepted planning that China will invade Australia and take it over.

"They have so much land and so few people. We have so many people, we need the land."

I really have no doubt about it.

In a situation where the USA has been thoroughly attacked by China, Russia, Iran, Cuba, Lybia, Syria, Venezuela, & Mexico . . . Australia could wait in vain for much help from the USA.

I suppose some folks could retreat to Tasmania . . . but I don't know that China would allow another island escape point to remain unconquered again.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The UK would support Australia without a moments hesitation.
And I suspect New Zealand and Canada would too.
In fact I'd be surprised if any Commonwealth country failed to assist Australia in such a scenario.

Added to that I suspect the US would offer assistance too.

From a strategic point of view they'd have to; any nation that was able to launch any significant assault on Australia would have to be a major threat to the USA globally.
I imagine the logistics involved with invading a land mass like Australia would be immense.

I'd be interested in watching such a programme.
But as has been said Australian TV hasn't really got a good track record for creating entertaining programmes......though I did once watch an interesting Kate Ritchie home video.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I thought that Australia was already invaded by british criminal thugs and what not?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Who would have a beef with Australia? I mean, who hates Crocodile Dundee?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
wouldn't all the poisonous critters do the trick ?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A this point the only nation on Earth capable of invading Australia is the US. And considering the US has two separate military alliances with Australia and 2,500 Marines in Darwin nobody else would even try. If China wanted to try they would have invade Papa New Guinea to build air, naval and missile bases to defeat the small but modern and effective Australian forces. Australia with reserves can call up over 84,000 men, that would mean at minimum the Chinese would need to land half a million men and use its entire fleet with another 230,000 men. In all China would have to commit about 40% of its military to invade PNG and then Australia.

Of course the US Pacific fleet would jump in and it would be a very very bad day for the PLAN out of range of air and missile support from its coasts. And elements of the 82nd and 75 Ranger could be in Australia and ready to fight in 24 hours and the 31st MEU not long after from Japan.

Frankly Australia has nothing to worry about any time soon.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Interesting point there MrSpad about the Marine base in Darwin. There is some conflict regarding the recent 99 year lease of Darwin Harbour to the Chinese.

So you have Aussie and U.S. forces utilising our northern most harbour leased to the Chinese. A bit of a slap in the face by business and politicians to the Aussie populace and Yanks many thought.

Now I'm not sure of the logistics for a large fleet but it would seem that a Chinese task force may sail into the harbour seeing as they, albeit 99 years, have an ownership. Unless there is of course some portion of that lease where there cannot be any military presence by the Chinese. But who may stop them ?

us-fury-over-darwin-port-lease-to-chinese-is-no-surprise

Kind regards,

Bally
edit on 8-5-2016 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

The Almighty Johnsons was enjoyable. Wait, I think that was a NZ show.

I can't think of a single nation that could invade Australia. AUS and her allies would be nearly impossible to get through, much like a land invasion of the US is basically impossible at the moment. AUS would not even have the "come up through Mexico" route.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Aussie subs are extremely capable as well.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Interesting point there MrSpad about the Marine base in Darwin. There is some conflict regarding the recent 99 year lease of Darwin Harbour to the Chinese.

So you have Aussie and U.S. forces utilising our northern most harbour leased to the Chinese. A bit of a slap in the face by business and politicians to the Aussie populace and Yanks many thought.

Now I'm not sure of the logistics for a large fleet but it would seem that a Chinese task force may sail into the harbour seeing as they, albeit 99 years, have an ownership. Unless there is of course some portion of that lease where there cannot be any military presence by the Chinese. But who may stop them ?

us-fury-over-darwin-port-lease-to-chinese-is-no-surprise

Kind regards,

Bally

A nations warships can never just enter your waters they always need permission be it on the spot or by treaty. A commercial lease would not allow for that. Even then the Chinese fleet showing up in Darwin would leave it unsupported and vulnerable to the US Navy. The PLAN has older ships and depends on land base air and missile support to go up against say the US or Japan.

Once they leave that defensive umbrella they become massively vulnerable. Their only carrier would be no match for the RAAF. And without air support troops can not move heavy weapons. And they would need those as Australia has 59 M1Aa Abrams and 250 ASLAV infantry fighting vehicles.

The only way would be for China to build some naval and airbases close by. And we are talking a good quarter of China's military would have be involved. And with the US, NZ, UK, France, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines and Malaysia bound to act in some way by treaty that much of Chinese military could to easily be cut off. On top of that, China's enemies and Australia friends not bound by treaty would also likely intervene. NATO, ASEAN, Japan, India and Taiwan would also act in some way to support Australia. With Vietnam, Burma and India on its border that's 2 million men to keep an eye on not to mention what Japan and Taiwan might do at sea.

Unless the US became isolationist. Then of course the prospect of a massive arms race both conventional and nuclear in the region could lead to anything happening.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
if you read tom clancys books the jack ryan ones its india who has there eye on australia mind u its so big and 90% desert who would want to?

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

China has the means? Really? I hadn't heard anything that said they had tested anything near the U.S. capability to do the same....

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Some really good comments here, I will share what an old timer told me about 20 years ago who was a devout christian. He basically said Australia would be invaded by the Chinese Militarily and that they would swiftly sweep through all the major cities and towns and setup camps like in the movie and tv series and intern everyone. He had been to a seminar in the 70's where it was talked about in some circles and that an Aussie had release a small booklet about the subject and how it fitted into prophecy. He gave me the booklet to read and they guy seemed to very switched on to bible prophecy.

The interesting thing he said is that it would be at a time when our Allies couldn't come to help and that we would be on our own, so I took it that it would be some time around a major war if it were to happen. Our Military forces eventually beat them back to the North of the Country where they claimed vast passages of land and a truce is called.

Its interesting to think our biggest trader would invade us but what I find fascinating is with all the talk of another round of firearm confiscations by the greens and lefties its been stopped in its tracks as if the Government now doesn't have a problem with personal firearm ownership so long as its legal and they know where the guns are. Ultimately if we were invaded by a foreign entity a resistance by the public would be beneficial to the Government so perhaps they know something we don't.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Has it never never occurred to you that everyone wants to be on top... at the top.
This surely is a blessing in disguise for those down under.

Yes... It is I Pinocchio... I shall tell a lie. But... remember... diligence due! Deny Ignorance.
edit on 8-5-2016 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Is this a series ?

A movie by the same name was out a few years back.

In any case, our top end is full of US Marines as well as our own troops.

Any invaders up North would get a bloody nose real quick.

🗡
edit on 8-5-2016 by Timely because: Hating on androids

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Not only that they would have to land all the supplies, as there is bugger all up there.

The distance from Darwin to Sydney is only 200 miles less than the distance Los Angeles to Washington DC...

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

That is true.

We would know of their intent way before they got close, due to sat. tech. and Over The Horizon radar.

Supposing they did make a successful landing,
they still need to make their way through some pretty tough country to get to anywhere of importance.

As another poster mentioned ... why bother, just buy us up bit by bit and keep migrating - building a strong population base and taking over the political system.

Much like the muslims have the plan to have as many kids as possible and take over from sheer numbers ... within.

🙃
edit on 8-5-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Timely

Not only that they would have to land all the supplies, as there is bugger all up there.

The distance from Darwin to Sydney is only 200 miles less than the distance Los Angeles to Washington DC...

Logistical nightmare. Not to mention actually managing to build up and get the invasion force across the sea in one piece.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
the only way invasion would work anywhere is mass suprise strikes on all important infrastructure first. then bring in the army behind it...

this story has been played out in many movies / games even..

but the entire world is constantly watching each other with high tech early warning systems... sure they cant monitor everything.. but any glimpse of potential chatter about war / invasions has everyone digging for more. infiltration and espionage has been around on all sides for many years... and even tho theres plenty of laws / treaties in place to minimilase / stop it.. who is going to openly admit they are doing it..

theres plenty of talk over the years of build up in potential ways to cause this to occur. particular cyber attacks with the way that everything is being automated and available now days. which is why america in particular seems to enjoy doing constant (what if) scenarios which surprise even its locals.. let alone other people watching.

australia is not helpless.. we may not have as huge a military might as russia / america / china etc.. but we hold our own. and we have alot of terrain that makes it hard as well. i could just imagine an invader trawling across the flats and getting the majority of their vehicles stuck in the mud, somewhat like scenes from the trucker shows.

we arent standing around twiddling our thumbs either.. not only are we are the forefront of technology development.. we are also upgrading and purchasing new things as well... submarines, ships and jets for example.

i think at this stage.. the only invasion we need to fear is muslims and their religion. (no biases to normal muslims)
i say this because of the high levels of citizens building up in western civilisations, that in alot of cases out number the original population, and in alot of recent cases. totally driving them out of the area. and implenting their own religious rule.. particularly sharia.

So if there is going to be any secret invasion that takes over a country.. i say its probably going to be that. even if done somewhat peacefully without any attacks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join