It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does Trump choose as a running mate now?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: NickK3

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Condi Rice
Marco Rubio
Rudy Guiliani

Condi Rice? - A respected competent, qualified, minority female? Never happen... unless Trump really is that smart?

Condi and Trump have SIGNIFICANT policy disagreements, and being an outsider I don't think people would be too happy to bring in someone who seriously screwed up the ME and is pretty much as insider as you can get, FFS there's an oil tanker named after her. From the other side I don't think Condi is the type to accept VP. No one with the type of self respect she has for herself would take a job under Trump that has no actual official duties. She's the type that would want an actual job and Trump is the type who is going to just use the VP for show while he runs everything.

I don't know exactly who it would be but I think Trumps best option to generate votes is a social conservative to balance out his very liberal stances from one of the battleground states, and who is popular. Rubio would fit those criteria.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
3 names that make sense to me

John Williams of Shadow Stats. com & other stuff
Jim Willie doing Golden Jackass. com & other stuff
Peter Schiff of various YT channels/Analytics/Subscription services

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Carson? a) he's not an insider (and Trump already mentioned this as a qualification), b) the guy's a Jesus freak (thinks the pyramids were grain storage)...

Rand Paul? Would be a great choice, except same thing, Jesus freak, which won't pull in the Bernie crowd, or do anything to help with the weaker Trump demographics

Ventura? Depends on how the residency clause works, since he lives in Mexico. Reason enough in my book, to disqualify him, since he felt the need to just leave.

Christie? No, cabinet position sure, but not VP pick.

Condi? Would be a great choice, but they differ on policy quite a bit, and doubt she'd take it. Would do a lot for his demographics though.

Carly, Cruz, Kasich, etc.? Doubt he'd want those who openly tried to stab him.

Palin? Cabinet post sure, but not VP pick.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
What about Ron Paul?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
arnold !!!!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
What about Ron Paul?

Too old I think. He also doesn't pull in a demographic Trump needs to win the election.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
arnold !!!!

I would like Arnold. He would probably push me over from undecided to Trump and he even opens up the possibility of carrying California. Is Arnold even allowed to be on the ticket though?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Ok then. What about Rand Paul?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
not sure

Gary Busey?
Alice Cooper?

probably
John Kasich though

edit on 4-5-2016 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Trump Ventura 2016

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Fox News just reported that Rubio, Gingrich and Kasich are on Trump's VP short list.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I would love to see either Ventura or Ron Paul as VP.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
Fox News just reported that Rubio, Gingrich and Kasich are on Trump's VP short list.

Are you sure that's the short list? What I heard on the radio earlier was that someone has a poll up asking who people would like to see and that Rubio, Gingrich, and Kasich were on the publics short list.

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Ok then. What about Rand Paul?

He's better but he doesn't carry a battleground state. Trump has 3 must win states, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia are the must wins. Democrats need 1 of the 3 to win while Republicans need all 3. A VP who doesn't carry one of them isn't going to pull their weight. Rand doesn't win any of the three

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

GINGRICH? Oh no. No nonono. That's too much. Cirque du so lame.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I told you it was either Rubio,Rand or Kasich.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I think I posted agreeing that Rubio and Kasich had a shot, Rubio more so. If it wasn't to you, then it was in another post/thread, all the Trump threads tend to blur together. Researching this further I'm not seeing anything other than speculation by outsiders as to his short list. Earlier today the short list Fox released with Gingrich on it which also had Rubio and Kasich on it was simply a reader poll on who the general public would like to see him take on.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It won't be Ron Paul. Even if somehow Trump did ask him, Ron has too much integrity to accept.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hope Trump choses our Gov. Susana "La Baracha" Martinez.

She will bring the Donald down just like Palin doomed the McCain bid for the WH.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join