It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does Trump choose as a running mate now?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
W

If Trump has Ben Carson as his running mate it would be a stroke of genius. A Spock to his Kirk. A Dean Martin to his Jerry Lewis.

More like A Harry Dunne to his Lloyd Christmas.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

No one really like the other guys.

NO ONE likes Cruz who knows him. No One. Nobody. Even Lindsay Graham and John Boehner, George W Bush and several other members of Congress. All loathe him. He's wretched.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

No one really like the other guys.

NO ONE likes Cruz who knows him. No One. Nobody. Even Lindsay Graham and John Boehner, George W Bush and several other members of Congress. All loathe him. He's wretched.

They don't like Trump either.

Which is why Cruz is the 'perfect' choice for a running mate.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I guess, if the GOP really really wants to hasten its own demise. *smh*

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Trump could do a lot worse than choosing Ron Paul for running mate.

He would be a popular choice among the voters.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: buddah6

originally posted by: Willtell
I predict Trump is going to pick some military goon.

I'm a retired military goon...lol!

But are you of the nutty warhawk

John MCcain
Lindsey Graham
Tom Cottom

Variety?

I have been shot too many times to be a warhawk. I just want to clean up the BS going on in the army after the Obama administration. Liberal progressive officers who put rules of engagement on the soldiers in the field that give the enemy the advantage will be my first target. They get too many soldiers killed playing political games.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: buddah6

Better idea......Just take them off the battle field and leave the ME to itself.....

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Condi Rice
Marco Rubio
Rudy Guiliani

Condi Rice? - A respected competent, qualified, minority female? Never happen... unless Trump really is that smart?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Condoleezza Rice Black, gay, woman with a conservative record.

Not bad, but she is unlikely to want to do it. But a minority and female would be a deft stroke. The times call for it. Martinez, governor of New Mexico, would be an interesting pick. She is smart, poised, articulate, and Hispanic. Herman Cain would be interesting, but I don't know if he likes Trump well enough.

Jesse Ventura? Give me a break! The guy is a complete nutcase. Only ATS would support him.
edit on 5/4/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Trump can't pick a right wing pundit. That would spell doom vs Hillary. He also can't pick some one too far out there no matter how much we like them. I love Jesse Ventura but, he would be a terrible choice vs Hillary.

We saw what happened when McCain picked Sarah Palin vs Obama. She sunk that presidential bid.

Trump has to pick someone moderate that can appeal to people in the middle and the moderate left. People that might vote Hillary but don't like her. Trump as the far right locked up, at least enough to energize the right wing, conservative base. He has to pick someone likeable, more likable than he is.

It can't be Carson, He only appeals to people on the far right.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
You have to measure what Trump needs and what is available. Trump needs to secure the Red States he also needs to win all the battle ground states. No VP can offer that. So his best bet is to shore up the base by picking a tradition GOP conservative.

The problem is, nobody thinks he has a chance and expect this to be one the worst Republican losses ever. So getting somebody who thinks they have political future is going to be very hard. Not to mention most of the GOP whom he would need to secure the red states hates him. So he is going to be left with people whom are on their last political legs or never had any. Carson has spent to much time criticizing Trump since he endorsed him, even saying he wished he could have endorsed somebody else.

The GOP as you know it is DEAD.

Trump like it or not has won this round.

The real GOP power brokers are still very much alive and still in control of the Republicans.
They don't need to swagger around and run their mouth like Trump.

Trump will either bend over and take it from the neocons, just like Obama did or be thrown under the bus like Ron Paul experienced.

Eight months is a long time till the General Election....Trump just doesn't have the stamina to make it to the finish line.
Look in his eyes....

Here's something to consider....who controls the military, industrial, banking, corporate cabal now? Trump is entirely out of his element, his billions is chicken feed to their Trillions. Trump either plays by their rules or he simply doesn't play. set, match, checkmate and GTFO.

Washington isn't Mayberry where Aunt bea and goober play by the rules. It's more ugly than you can even imagine.

Jesus H Christ, haven't you people ever read anything by Forsyth, Dobbs or Graham Green?
edit on 4-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

a reply to: buddah6

Better idea......Just take them off the battle field and leave the ME to itself.....

Exactly. Best idea yet.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Chuck Norris? now that would be good as Chuck just roundhouse kicks everyone who disagrees and its job done and as we know theres two types of people the 1. The dead and 2. Those who agree with Chuck so it should be easy.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
W

If Trump has Ben Carson as his running mate it would be a stroke of genius. A Spock to his Kirk. A Dean Martin to his Jerry Lewis.

More like A Harry Dunne to his Lloyd Christmas.

Good one.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: MrSpad
You have to measure what Trump needs and what is available. Trump needs to secure the Red States he also needs to win all the battle ground states. No VP can offer that. So his best bet is to shore up the base by picking a tradition GOP conservative.

The problem is, nobody thinks he has a chance and expect this to be one the worst Republican losses ever. So getting somebody who thinks they have political future is going to be very hard. Not to mention most of the GOP whom he would need to secure the red states hates him. So he is going to be left with people whom are on their last political legs or never had any. Carson has spent to much time criticizing Trump since he endorsed him, even saying he wished he could have endorsed somebody else.

The GOP as you know it is DEAD.

Trump like it or not has won this round.

The real GOP power brokers are still very much alive and still in control of the Republicans.
They don't need to swagger around and run their mouth like Trump.

Trump will either bend over and take it from the neocons, just like Obama did or be thrown under the bus like Ron Paul experienced.

Eight months is a long time till the General Election....Trump just doesn't have the stamina to make it to the finish line.
Look in his eyes....

Here's something to consider....who controls the military, industrial, banking, corporate cabal now? Trump is entirely out of his element, his billions is chicken feed to their Trillions. Trump either plays by their rules or he simply doesn't play. set, match, checkmate and GTFO.

Washington isn't Mayberry where Aunt bea and goober play by the rules. It's more ugly than you can even imagine.

Jesus H Christ, haven't you people ever read anything by Forsyth, Dobbs or Graham Green?

Yeah but the GOP pretty much burned down their own party this year.

The DNC using "superdelegates" turned a a lot of Bernie supporters way.

Bernie is a social democrat. The green party is full of social democrats. He should team up with Jill Stein.

Hopefully the Libertarian party gets 15% or more in the polls so they can be included in the debates.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Hopefully the Libertarian party gets 15% or more in the polls so they can be included in the debates.

That's my hope as well. Gov. Gary is a friend of mine. I worked for him in the media pool in 2012.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Likely a blue state republican governor or Big Business CEO.
not kaisch or snyder(flint issue) though, how is christie's popularity on the east coast?

I think all he has to do is make a couple more appeals to union blue collar workers, the wall, china trade deals are great starts. If a couple giant unions in the midwest suddenly said to vote trump due to his policies the midwest could revert back to red.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I don't know if anyone has said this yet as I have not read whole thread, but I would go with Trey Gowdy.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Watch him pick Dick Cheney or Jeb Bush.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Watch him pick Dick Cheney or Jeb Bush.

Please no.

Don't even...no!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>