It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who does Trump choose as a running mate now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Trump better not pick one of the Establishment guys or he won't be President for long. He should avoid anyone that has been involved in Washington politics. Look what happened to Kennedy when he ran with Johnson...that should be a warning to Trump.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, he has to run someone people would be scared of actually taking his spot, similar to what Obama did. Sure you might not like Obama, but you wouldn't want BIDEN taking his place would you? so the answer is the end of this sentence.

Sure you might not like Trump, but do you really want your president to be ________ !?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Well, being in the camp that believes Trump's only reason to run is to insure Hilary wins, my guess is that Trump will pull a McCain type "mistake of no obvious benefit" and choose someone who will even more alienate the low information Democrat voters and who will be a lightning rod of hate and derision for the MSM.

How about:
Sara Palin, (vacuous)
David Duke, (that'll get the blacks to the ballot box!)
Some 80 year old General who wants to bomb Russia, but can't complete a thought or a sentence.
Pat Buchanan, he's about as anti-immigrant as you can get!

The possibilities are endless!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Good thoughts, but I am pretty sure Martin Sheen is barred from running again due to term limits.

And Morgan Freeman, was president during the movie Deep Impact and that did not end well.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

I think this is really the most interesting part of the decision. It will be very telling in who he chooses.

If he picks an establishment approved VP (Rubio, Rice, Kasich, etc.), it will go a long way toward unifying a fractured party behind him for a general election, but Trump will probably never feel personally safe again and may have good reason.

If he picks an outsider, it will protect him from an orchestrated assassination. Also, it will thrill many, but pretty much only those that already support him. It won't increase his base of support, which he must do to win the general election.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It's not the running mate who's important. It's the Chief of Staff

Not so, it's the Board of Governors of the Fed Reserve - without fake money no one plays.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Huckabee has been supportive of Trump ever since he (Huckabee) dropped out of the race so I see him as a viable option. He brings experience as a Governor, plus it's a nice stick-it-to Hillary that he is from Arkansas just like the Clintons. Huckabee has said repeatedly that no one knows the Clintons and their brand of dirty politics better than he does--which is intriguing. Plus, Huckabee seems to be a generally likeable guy--maybe he could soften Trump's sharp edges.

Jan Brewer, former Governor of Arizona, is someone I see as an option for Trump as well. She lines up well with him regarding his anti-immigration stance and she is pretty bombastic just like Trump.

Rubio has a slight chance, although I'm not sure what he would bring to the table since Trump can likely win Florida without him.

I could see Trump going to the well to draft a centrist blue-dog democrat as a running mate--if he could find one from California that would be a coup and it would suit Trump's new brand of politics where there are no rules.

edit on 4/5/2016 by xtradimensions because: Ipad autocorrect errors

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My vote is for Pee Wee.

Let's at least make this joke of an election a bit more entertaining.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You have to measure what Trump needs and what is available. Trump needs to secure the Red States he also needs to win all the battle ground states. No VP can offer that. So his best bet is to shore up the base by picking a tradition GOP conservative.

The problem is, nobody thinks he has a chance and expect this to be one the worst Republican losses ever. So getting somebody who thinks they have political future is going to be very hard. Not to mention most of the GOP whom he would need to secure the red states hates him. So he is going to be left with people whom are on their last political legs or never had any. Carson has spent to much time criticizing Trump since he endorsed him, even saying he wished he could have endorsed somebody else.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Christy as Attorney General
Carson as Surgeon General
Rudy as Homeland Secretary
Rubio as VP
Cruz as Supreme Court Justice
Kasich as Secretary of the Treasury
Napoletano as Supreme Court Justice
Carly as Chief of Staff
Rice as SECDEF
Bill Nye as Court Jester and Climate Change Secretary
Me as Secretary of the Army!!!!!
edit on 4-5-2016 by buddah6 because: AGE, PAIN MEDS and BAD MEMORY!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6
Christy as Attorney General
Carson as Surgeon General
Rudy as Homeland Secretary
Rubio as VP
Cruz as Supreme Court Justice
Kasich as Secretary of the Treasury
Napoletano as Supreme Court Justice
Carly as Chief of Staff
Rice as SECDEF
Bill Nye as Court Jester and Climate Change Secretary
Me as Secretary of the Army!!!!!

Oooooo, I like them!

Except for the last 8.
edit on 5 4 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Ben Stein.

Slow down.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

The problem is, nobody thinks he has a chance and expect this to be one the worst Republican losses ever. So getting somebody who thinks they have political future is going to be very hard. Not to mention most of the GOP whom he would need to secure the red states hates him.

Yes, Trump is doing terribly. Do you hear yourself? What happened last night?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
You have to measure what Trump needs and what is available. Trump needs to secure the Red States he also needs to win all the battle ground states. No VP can offer that. So his best bet is to shore up the base by picking a tradition GOP conservative.

The problem is, nobody thinks he has a chance and expect this to be one the worst Republican losses ever. So getting somebody who thinks they have political future is going to be very hard. Not to mention most of the GOP whom he would need to secure the red states hates him. So he is going to be left with people whom are on their last political legs or never had any. Carson has spent to much time criticizing Trump since he endorsed him, even saying he wished he could have endorsed somebody else.

Give it a rest.

The GOP as you know it is DEAD.

Trump like it or not has won this round.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I would make an excellent Secretary of the Army... I am well qualified and I know where all the skeletons are hidden.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I predict Trump is going to pick some military goon.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
He doesn't really need a running mate, since he likes to make decisions himself, and he guarantees nothing will happen to him in a Trump presidency. But if he HAS to choose a running mate, I promise you it will be the best, smartest, toughest running mate ever. I'm not kidding. Believe me, you will love his running mate!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I'm a retired military goon...lol!

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddah6

originally posted by: Willtell

I'm a retired military goon...lol!

But are you of the nutty warhawk

John MCcain
Lindsey Graham
Tom Cottom

Variety?

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Who does Trump choose as a running mate?

Ted Cruz.

O god no.......

Crazy and bat# crazy......

My money is on someone we already know.

Like Cruz.

Looking back to the 2004 election where Kerry and Edwards 'hated' each other.

Then turned around and made him his vp.

What we see is not the real deal.

posted on May, 4 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The idea behind the vice president is to get voters Trump otherwise wouldn't get.

As it stands right now Cruz was the number two guy across the country.

The 'most' voters.

No one really like the other guys.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join