It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Promising The Great Wall of America.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I can't stay silent on this issue any longer. It's incredulous seeing candidates making these unrealistic promises, essentially lying. All the while the media bends reality, shaping their worldview onto the masses, and manipulating us into furthering their totalitarian agenda. We now have half the country, crying and screaming about how delegates are not 'democratic'. I have news for everyone, this is a republic; if people are too stupid to know the difference, please don't vote.

Anyways, I want to focus on one single promise made by a certain candidate; that candidate being Trump and his promise of building a Great Wall. I want all the Trump candidates to weigh in on the things I am about to say, but first it's time for a little history lesson.

I want to discuss some well known walls that mankind has built to repel invaders and other undesirables, or in some cases to keep people in.

The first wall is the Great Wall of China, thousands of miles long, much longer than the U.S.-Mexico border. An amazing work of human ingenuity, it can even be seen from space. The wall worked wonders keeping out invaders, with sentries posted and the ability to quickly deploy troops all along the border. Then came the Song dynasty, which for ancient times would be the equivalent of the modern day liberal. Needless to say, the Mongols overcame the wall, and controlled Northern China; later dynasties to control China were Mongolian descent.

The next wall I would like to mention is Hadrian's Wall. It wasn't just a wall, it had forts placed every 5 'Roman miles', or every 25,000 feet. These forts were manned, and would have to stay manned to ensure no invaders would cross the wall. Because, let's face it, a wall is an easy obstacles when people want to overcome it.

The last wall I want to mention, before moving on, is the Berlin Wall. A wall built primarily to keep people in, rather than keep people out. After WWII, as the line between East and West Germany became established, the GDR built a wall to 'keep the evil capitalists'
out; in my opinion it was more to prevent 'brain-drain' than anything else. This wall was not simple a wall, it was a symbol of oppression; with anyone trying to get out being target practice for the Stazi. This wall was also manned, yet people still were able to cross over through blind spots; and the Berlin Wall is nothing compared to the wall Donald Trump is proposing.

2,000 miles of wall, has Donald even delved into any specifics? What material will this wall be made from? How far apart will the sentries be placed? Is the manpower to maintain security along the whole stretch of the wall?

The Great Wall of America, supposedly will cost (according to Donald) around $3 or $10 billion to build. Alright, now how about sentries? Because a wall is essentially worthless without people posted to prevent any crossing. Are we to have a DMZ between U.S. and Mexico, or
are we to simply catch the illegals and send them back? If Trump supporters are fine with more tax increases, then by all means.

I would feel safest with a sentry posted every 1/4 mile. That would ensure that the entire length had an eye on the wall, with a quick response time for any potential crossers. That is only 8,000 sentries on the wall at any one time, 24,000 if you include all three shifts.
So these people working the wall, they will need to be paid, with Trump supporters tax money. Let's be generous, and give these people the $15.00 'California minimum'; or roughly $30,000 a year. 24,000 workers making $30,000 a year; that's only $700+ million per year in labor cost.
Well, if we include benefits, that number jumps way past $1 billion per year.

I understand, a wall like this would have more costs involved, I really don't want to get too far into details of a hypothetical Great Wall of America.

I personally do not want a wall built, for the sole reason that if America goes the way of all other empires, becoming totalitarian and ultraviolent towards its' own citizenry. I would breath a little easier, knowing there is not a giant wall keeping Americans in like some
gigantic prison nation-monster.

Now to the real meat and potatoes of this post. The whole immigration issue popped up a few years ago, due to the influx of OTM (other than Mexico) immigrants into the U.S. Curiously enough, these OTM countries just so happen to be the countries the U.S. successfully
staged coups to overthrough the democratically elected governments of those nations. In the sake of American corporate interests, like the United Fruit Co., we now have people fleeing the brutal dictatorships the U.S. installed and supported. Talk about blowback, now we have
the whole discussion on the issue between deportation and amnesty; RATHER than addressing the cause of the situation. I doubt the sea of illegal immigrants would be more reluctant to leave their home country, if that country did not have U.S. friendly evil dictators running
the show.

This is pure madness, I know these candidates are not true to their word; I also know none of them care to actually solve issues. We have entered into the era of constant crisis, continually chipping away our freedom, until nothing is left except for a giant symbol of oppression.

So, if you are a Trump supporter, I have a simple message for you, which is a scene from the movie 'Tropic Thunder'.

References:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...'s_Wall

en.wikipedia.org...

www.chinahighlights.com...

cis.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...'%C3%A9tat
edit on 2-5-2016 by GodEmperor because: paragraphing

edit on 2-5-2016 by GodEmperor because: grammar

edit on 2-5-2016 by GodEmperor because: grammar

+23 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Illegal immigrants cost US tax payers an estimated $113 billion a year. It could be made of polished granite and still not cost as much as the average American has already had to burden.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't think trump intends to build a wall at all

hes just leading the racists around by their noses

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Well thought out post you have there.

Still doesn't change anything. Trump is still getting my vote.

Point is, nothing in your entire op makes the other two options any more palatable. I don't care if Trump builds a wall or not. It would be nice if he comes up with some way to limit the flow of takers, but it really doesn't matter. Voting for Trump pisses off sooooo many people that it's just out of spite and fun now.

The country was going down before him anyway.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Your post is a conclusion rather than a discussion followed by a stupid insult, so it's difficult to really comment, but will try.

Firstly, the idea of 3 people every 400 meters as sentries is laughable, as is the idea it will be designed to keep out an invading army.
I would suggest that technology will be used heavily and that Trump will take the advice of the border patrol that have endorsed him. they are actually calling for drones to spot and track border movements.

Secondly, in terms of building the wall, it's not an undertaking that previous generations would be at all scared of. It's only a recent cultural phenomena where people think small and about themselves. I think it could be built fairly quickly, maybe even inside 5 years. I don't think you really need to start worrying about materials yet. Probably the least of the civil engineering challenges.

I don't actually think that a wall is really needed by the way, however it's purpose is to reduce the number of illegal immigrants that make it over the border. I don't think people believe it to be a magic wall that is somehow air and water tight. I am sure the wall could be breached, no matter how high, however it will make it harder to cross.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Every time I hear about the wall, I think of this:

Then I laugh and laugh.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

If you aren't planning mass deportations, that cost will remain, on top of the wall.

The cost the taxpayers pay for illegal immigrants, are the financial incentives that promote more
illegal immigration.

Those costs can be mitigated without a wall. A wall would only cost more tax money, plain and simple.

If you want to build a wall, fine, but you will be disappointed. How about we focus on CAUSES? Like NAFTA/CAFTA, overthrowing democratic governments, and creating an environment that empowers drug cartels.

+4 more 
posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

China does have a great wall, and how many illegal Mexicans do they have?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Actually half of the walls already built if i remember correctly. Ans self deportation becomes a reality when we refuse to give them food,water and jobs.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

If you aren't planning mass deportations, that cost will remain, on top of the wall.

The cost the taxpayers pay for illegal immigrants, are the financial incentives that promote more
illegal immigration.

Those costs can be mitigated without a wall. A wall would only cost more tax money, plain and simple.

If you want to build a wall, fine, but you will be disappointed. How about we focus on CAUSES? Like NAFTA/CAFTA, overthrowing democratic governments, and creating an environment that empowers drug cartels.

But he is planning mass deportations - only letting those that are able to enter legally come back in.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I always thought the US was a continent, well divided by sea from Islamism, or other interference since the Monroe Doctrine.

In Europe it would be great to see a wall, and then neither side interferes in the affairs of the other.

The day is coming.

Why must everyone have traffic one-way - always going to white majority countries?
They blame their poverty and nonsense on all kinds of issues, yet never their own failed cultures, religions and political ideologies.

So, if they're willing, let's build walls, and see if they prosper on the other side.

Surely any ideology sure of itself would jump at the opportunity.

edit on 2-5-2016 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Thank you.

I won't be voting for a candidate this year, probably write in the lizard people again.
It probably won't matter much who takes office, they get to inherit a collapsing empire.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Half the wall built already, littered with underground tunnels running people and drugs through like a siv.

A wall will not diminish the flow of immigrants, unless we are looking at a DMZ a long the entire border.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What part of "Illegal immigrant" are his detractors having trouble understanding?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What is the estimated cost of these mass deportations? I am curious as to how these people can be found?

A feat like that, would raise eyebrows on how far down the Orwellian road we have traveled.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

What part of "Illegal immigrant" are his detractors having trouble understanding?

I think when Trump says the word illegal his detractors just hear nothing...

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The ones that call this a human rights issue, demand that the laws be changed and different terminology be used to describe these criminals, and then rejoice when sovereign citizens or the like are taken out by force.

What's the word? Oh yea. Hypocrites.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor

What is the estimated cost of these mass deportations? I am curious as to how these people can be found?

A feat like that, would raise eyebrows on how far down the Orwellian road we have traveled.

Far less than the govt. benefits being handed out.
Got to laugh at your fear of the Orwellian road. We already reached 1984 a while ago, and guess what it wasn't Trump's fault. I know that is a sensational statement, but really, Trump had nothing to do with it.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

This isn't about the detractors of illegal immigration. There are more options other than whether illegals should stay or go. That's the controlled argument, the only two options are to address a symptom; building a wall and properly manning it may keep more people out; but if the US promotes conditions for even MORE people to flood the border; next time claiming asylum, nothing will change. If there is a wall, people will scale it, or dig under it, or cut through it; if the US changes its' foreign policy to NOT support brutal dictators and drug cartels in Latin American countries, the problem is addressed.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Then, logically speaking, it would be far cheaper to just cut off benefits; and promote self-deportation; reducing incentives for entering illegally and staying indefinitely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join