It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tumour is now untreatable -- RIP our beloved friend: August 11, 2016 --

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
To all Nick's friends; I share this news with the heaviest heart. My brother and best friend has passed away after a 14 year battle with brain cancer. He was the best mate I could have asked for and was the kindest, most gentle person I ever have ever met. He showed unbelievable levels of determination and inner strength throughout this incredible battle.
Life will never be the same without Nick.
I will drop a note soon with details of his service, which will be open and welcome to all those that knew him.

scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...

Thank you so much! My deepest sympathies to you and the family! Your brother has touched many lives and will always be remembered.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Sorry to hear this. Even though it was expected. I loved reading his views and opinions. I am brightened up a bit to know that his opinions will be immortalized on this forum for future readers to peruse.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
During my 8 yrs here I have seen a handful of members leave us and the response here is always heartwarming. I have grown to appreciate our little community here even though we may not all agree all the time I think for the most part its times like this that our little slice of the internet shines brightly. While I have never been good at puting down whats in my head to type and I may have spent more time here listening than talking, go easy Woody and may your humble spirit live on in each of us, and may we all love each other a little more everyday for who knows when it may be our last...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I remember a phrase from a harry potter movie. Death is just a beginning. ALso....Do not pity the dead. Pity the living.
As i stated before. Keep me a spot open at the bar Woody. see ya soon enough.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Rest peacefully Woody

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Fare Ye well onto Your Journey into The Light...
May Your Warm Hearted Soul and Goodness Protect You...
Blessings and Good thoughts to You and Your Family and Friends...

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
Thank you for posting about your dear brother Nick. We really appreciate you coming by. And thanks also for sharing the pictures. That really means a lot.

Hugs to you & yours from us, mate. And if you drop by again soon, don't be surprised to see a few more owl avatars around the place.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
God speed

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Really awful news - what a seriously good guy he was.
At least he's not suffering any more.

Cheers for the good times Woody, the laughs and chats, the battles on certain threads and for fighting the good fight.
You got to meet lot's of decent people here and they got to meet you and many people are much, much better off for having done so.
Your thoughtfulness and and sense of fair play was spot on and you never got as mad as I did and even said don't rise to them etc, but hey... you know what I'm like.

I'm glad you're no longer suffering mate and I may not be a man of faith/belief etc but hey... you never know,I hope you are happy wherever you are my friend, that is the very least you deserve.

Peace and love my friend.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I just spent 5 days out in the woods with no net,no phone and no contact with anyone or anything.

To come back and read of his passing has just broke my heart...more than broke my heart.
I'll think of you tonight and make sure I tip a glass for you Woody.
Actually...I'll make sure all the boys give you a salute and a good send off.

I'll think of you when I look up tonight.

Godspeed Woody.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
My thoughts and prayers to his family. He will be missed.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sending regards and deepest sympathies.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Peace is now yours Nick, precious one. I will remember you always.

Blessings be to those left behind, your family. I'm saddened for your loss.

edit on 12-8-2016 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
RIP Nick.
Thank you for blessing ATS with your presence and may the heavens above bless your family and friends who will sorely miss you.
edit on 8-12-2016 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Dearest Nick, if Heaven is anything like I hope/imagine, you now know the answers to all the questions. And your spirit is no longer restricted by mortal sufferings. Peace be with you and your loved ones, until we meet again.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I had some pms with woody a few years ago on another account. !st time I have felt sad about a anonymous form member dying.

RIP Woody.

JAK
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
originally posted by: woodwardjnr

Cheers friend.
edit on 12/8/16 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JAK

That was perfect and beautiful. Thank you JAK.

Woody's footprints will not be washed away in the surf. They trail away to a place we've not yet discovered.

Nick is a pathfinder.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Your words are beautiful. Woody will never be washed away!

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join