It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Portland, Oregon and the Coast in August - Any Suggestions? Any ATS-ers to Visit?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I don't know what rout you're taking, but if you're passing through Nor Cal along the 101 there are some great places to visit. First, if you're in Humboldt county on Friday through Sunday you can stop at the Rays market in Garberville or Redway. They're usually barbequing up tri-tips, burgers and hot dogs. If you pull off the 101 in Redway you can take a side trip to Lost Coast. It's over some hills and a nice beach community. Starting just north of Redway all the way to Fortuna is the Avenue of the Giants. A great drive and many pull offs where you can enjoy the redwood groves. Between Fortuna and Eureka are several coast communities you can visit. Ferndale is one with some great Victorian buildings. Eureka is fine to stop for groceries or a bite, but not a great place to visit. There are some Victorian homes off the main drag but not much else. Past Eureka you'll hit Arcata, which is nice and then Trinidad. Trinidad is a small dock with some shops. Check out the fish and chips restaurant. They are made from scratch and to die for. There is an overlook you can park at. It's next to the light house near the grocery store. It looks out over the bay. There's also a set of stairs that lead down to the beach. There's plenty more places that are very locally known. If you plan on visiting Humboldt I can give you more ideas.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Joki42

Great details in here, awesome suggestions. I appreciate it Joki42. The fish and chips restaurant in Trinidad sounds appealing. If you don't mind, I will private message you as my trip grows closer and get some more ideas from you. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Galadriel
No problem. Hope you get to enjoy the sights around here.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join