It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not so much a rant, but more of a "meh" as the kids are saying

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
And now...

Three flags

Is a negative integer possible in the flag department ?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I am a bit fuzzy on what you are saying here, which I guess sparks my curiosity - I'd like to understand better?

originally posted by: nullafides

I am growing weary of being told how I am guilty of being a bad person. I am tired of being told how I don't even realize that I am a bad person, because it is invisible to me...and therefore impossible for me to understand.

Do you mean lots of people tell you this often?

In what way do they claim you are "bad"?

I admit that I have the tendency to think, well, if so many people percieve that, maybe there really is something to it?
That you are behaving in some way that it is inconsiderate, unkind, or cruel....perhaps even without being aware of it.

I just read an article that appalled me. It was clear to me that the person who wrote was so utterly delusional, so self absorbed and hopelessly lost. My thought was to post it here. And to post my thoughts.

But knowing the outcome, "meh".

So there was a post somewhere, you wanted to respond to critically, and you repressed that desire... to instead refer to it vaguely here.... to.... avoid conflict?
Or...to avoid them answering that "you don't have the right to say anything because you are guilty of the same thing you are criticizing them for"? Being accused of being hypocritical?

Did I grasp that correctly?

edit on 31-1-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

I have honestly never seen a thread lose flags before. Not once.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile
I'm half hispanic/white and my skin shows it, so I can't claim W.P...

Well, that sucks. I just used my W.P. card to get on the express lane at the supermarket with eleven, yeah, eleven items.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Well, that sucks. I just used my W.P. card to get on the express lane at the supermarket with eleven, yeah, eleven items.

I'm also tired of people who take more than 10 items in the express lane. lol

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Wait till I strike again. I intend on using my card to go swimming 29 minutes after eating.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Well Jolly good show chap, I primarily use my Water Polo card in the clubhouse after the 6th Chukka and I most certainly was not familiar with the concept of using one's WP card at a regular Supermarket.

Top stuff old boy, absolutely spiffing.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Don't worry "Macklemore" will come along and educate you about W.P. and then he'll close with thrift-shop, even though he opened with it.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Oh you parvenus, wait until you become old money like me, good sir. Then you can really appreciate what your W.P. card can accomplish. The limits are unfathomable.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Necrobile

Wait till I strike again. I intend on using my card to go swimming 29 minutes after eating.

Well, if you cramp up and begin to drown, don't expect me to jump in and save you. I'll still be in line at the "express" lane. lol

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That's not supposed to happen. Flags are supposed to be permanent once you give them. You CAN take away a star if you become disillusioned. But there are some bugs in the code (witness my star count) that ATS doesn't seem interested in fixing.

Edit to add: I gave a flag and it went to six. Then later I saw it had gone back to five. So I clicked it again and it went to four, clicked it again and it said "Fail." Clicked it again and it went back to five.

Definitely something wrong there.
edit on 1/31/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

That's not supposed to happen. Flags are supposed to be permanent once you give them. You CAN take away a star if you become disillusioned. But there are some bugs in the code (witness my star count) that ATS doesn't seem interested in fixing.

You can, most definitely, take a flag away

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Well, if you cramp up and begin to drown, don't expect me to jump in and save you. I'll still be in line at the "express" lane. lol

Lifeguards are instructed to save W.P. card members first only.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
You can, most definitely, take a flag away

And put them back. And take them away again. And put them back once more.

edit on 31-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

There is a diversity of people in my life.

There is a diversity of people whom I work with.

There is a diversity of people whom I respect, and love.

There is a diversity of people that I have hired.

I was raised to value diversity. As it is the key to understanding.

However, my patience is growing thin.

I am growing weary of being told how I am guilty of being a bad person. I am tired of being told how I don't even realize that I am a bad person, because it is invisible to me...and therefore impossible for me to understand.

And quite honestly, I have grown weary of being being told in a rather anonymous manner whenever I post something I feel is important, how I should just lay back and take the abuse...because, I am guilty.

I just read an article that appalled me. It was clear to me that the person who wrote was so utterly delusional, so self absorbed and hopelessly lost. My thought was to post it here. And to post my thoughts.

But knowing the outcome, "meh".

Meh, my life is # too

Just saying

Meh

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Lifeguards are instructed to save W.P. card members first only.

It's ok, I don't even think I'd be allowed in the pool.

edit on 31-1-2016 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It's ok, I don't even think I'd be allowed in the pool.

Somebody has to clean it.

edit on 31-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

link   

Oh you parvenus, wait until you become old money like me, good sir. Then you can really appreciate what your W.P. card can accomplish. The limits are unfathomable.

Ahhh so that WAS you on Grindr last week... you used the same line.
Hmmmmm I should have known from your profile pic

link   
a reply to: schuyler

I've accidentally flagged stupid threads before due to lag and unflagged many. This one I'm not flagging or unflagging, just reading because it's somewhat entertaining reading people trying to figure out what in the Flying Spaghetti Monster he's talking about.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I am even pastier in real life.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join