It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not so much a rant, but more of a "meh" as the kids are saying

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
There is a diversity of people in my life.

There is a diversity of people whom I work with.

There is a diversity of people whom I respect, and love.

There is a diversity of people that I have hired.

I was raised to value diversity. As it is the key to understanding.

However, my patience is growing thin.

I am growing weary of being told how I am guilty of being a bad person. I am tired of being told how I don't even realize that I am a bad person, because it is invisible to me...and therefore impossible for me to understand.

And quite honestly, I have grown weary of being being told in a rather anonymous manner whenever I post something I feel is important, how I should just lay back and take the abuse...because, I am guilty.

I just read an article that appalled me. It was clear to me that the person who wrote was so utterly delusional, so self absorbed and hopelessly lost. My thought was to post it here. And to post my thoughts.

But knowing the outcome, "meh".
edit on 31-1-2016 by nullafides because: SQUIRREL

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Can you elaborate a little or be more specific?

edit on 31/1/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Given current events, I've said all I have to say.

Meh.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Given current events, I've said all I have to say.

Meh.

Fair enough, your rant your rules I guess.
I can kinda guess what you're talking about but not really.

Oh well.

Glad you got it off your chest anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

Same. I think the initials are W.P.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I thought it was I.N.R.B.

Hmmmmm

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hmmm. Now we have a quandry.

XYZ BTW.

edit on 31-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: never go in against a Sicilian with death is on the line

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm glad that the two of you are finding this entertaining.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Well, you pretty much forced everyone to speculate since you did not want to mention the subject.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I'm glad that the two of you are finding this entertaining.

Thanks mate, nice to know that even though you're in a "ranting" mood you can still appreciate others having fun and a good laugh.

That takes a special kinda person.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
LMAO

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Actually....

It's not that I didn't want to bring any particular topic up.

Rather, that it simply seems a bit pointless.

Not unlike being dragged into a kangaroo court.

But, the words you're putting into my mouth...are precisely the reason why I chose not to go into anything beyond what I've already said.

So....

Meh.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I do find it interesting though....the number of flags this thread received went from four, to five...

And then back to four.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I do find it interesting though....the number of flags this thread received went from four, to five...

And then back to four.

Obviously they're not a Golfer?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Actually....

It's not that I didn't want to bring any particular topic up.

Rather, that it simply seems a bit pointless.

Not so pointless if you felt compelled to post a rant about it.

But, the words you're putting into my mouth...are precisely the reason why I chose not to go into anything beyond what I've already said.

I did not put any words in your mouth. A couple of initials maybe but it would only be putting words in your mouth if they were incorrect. Are they? Is the Blupster right?

edit on 31-1-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Are they? Is the Blupster right?

What... Italians Never Read Books???

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Only pop up ones.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

But knowing the outcome, "meh".

I understand what you are saying, but consider the source of people who do as you described. Some children throw around the term "racist" like bread crumbs feeding a flock of pigeons. The only reason they use it is to convince themselves they aren't when, by using it so indiscriminately. they are proving they are.

But this is ATS where there are a tremendous number of delusional people. If you do present a cogent argument that is well reasoned, that is enough to get you called a "shill." Just today I was told that I "must be some sort of government employee? Right?" based on the fact I disagree with the anti-government Oregon standoff thing. That's typical accusatory ad hominem BS, but the kids don't seem to understand the illogic of it.

So the best thing to do if you want to express yourself on an issue is to present a well-reasoned, well-researched account of your issue and just set it out there. You needn't respond to every two-bit, emotional, irrational response to what you said. The idea is to reach as many people as you can who will understand that you have written a reasonable account. Leave the shrill responses out there for everyone else to see and it will be apparent who took the time and energy to craft a decent thread, and who knee-jerk reacts.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

He kept it vague enough that it could technically fit anywhere, especially if you read what people say in comments sections of articles related to such topics.

I'm tired of being told I'm capable of rape, all because I'm a man.

I'm half hispanic/white and my skin shows it, so I can't claim W.P., but I can partially understand. Growing up where I did, I became very tired of hearing the things people assumed about me because I'm brown. I had an old boss tell a waitress that her tips were low, because it would be typical for me to steal them since I'm brown. I've also had hispanics tell me how I should act, and what I should like, all because I'm brown.

I'm also tired of being told I don't understand racism when I was brown in a small racist town, all because I don't agree with many of the things BLM is doing.

I'm also tired of black people hating on white people who are trying to understand their plight, all because they're white. I've seen this in too many threads/comments sections and it disgusts me. I'd rather have an ally who at least tries to understand, than push away anyone who could be an ally, or better yet, a friend.

I'm also tired of women who yell at men for trying to help them with their self esteem issues. An example would be like if a woman was being self conscious because she has a bit more body hair than normal. If a guy tries to help her feel better by saying something like "You shouldn't be upset about that, there are guys that like that, myself included.", they're immediately yelled at by countless women "Nobody cares about your boner!!!". It's like a guy isn't supposed to help them feel better about themselves.

This one really gets me, because I'm also french/spanish, so I'm a somewhat hairy guy. Growing up I had lots of self esteem issues about it, because I've heard countless girls in my school talk about how body hair is disgusting. One of the things that really helped me get over that was women. I've been told by countless women that they like body hair, and other women out there like it too. Being told that helped me gain confidence about myself. I actually appreciated being told that, because it did help. If I went by their reactions today, I should've just gotten mad and yelled "Nobody cares about your moisture!!!"

In the end, I think I'm just tired of PC nonsense. There were a lot of things I felt needed to change in our world, and they're changing. But it seems many have gone to the other extreme, and it's extremely frustrating.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I am growing weary of being told how I am guilty of being a bad person. I am tired of being told how I don't even realize that I am a bad person, because it is invisible to me…and therefore impossible for me to understand.

Best not to let what random strangers on the internet say affect you personally. Its easy to be a jerk in anonymity, some feed on others reactions to their abuse or indifference.

If you are tired take a break, maybe. Stop playing their game.

image 1

image 2

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join