It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump’s New Pro-Veterans Website-Money goes to Trump not vets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

After ducking the final Republican presidential debate heading into next week’s Iowa caucuses, GOP front-runner Donald Trump announced that he would hold his own pro-veterans event during the debate to raise money for veterans. Trump even set up a special website to solicit donations to help veterans.

Thats awesome Trump! way to go dude..........

Uh wait what?

The website, which is nothing more than a single page with stock photos and a credit card donation form, claims that “100% of your donations will go directly to Veterans needs.”

There’s only one problem: 100% of the money raised on the site goes directly to Donald Trump’s personal non-profit foundation, according to a disclosure listed at the bottom of the page.

Link

Well , really looks like this guy is a Paragon for standing up for our vets huh? Tell me why is this going to his foundation instead?

If you guys havent figured out yet this guy is a charlatan , I dunno what will

If this was any other candidate people would be flipping out about this, but im sure his supporters will just make more excuses

This to me is absolutely discusting on his part,

This man is USING THE TROOPS, people claiming that Cruz is using the troops because hes challenging Trump to a debate, while others are willing to donate MILLIONS if he will do it, to charitable organizations for the troops.

Give me a break, this is going directly into TRUMPS pocket to benefit HIM, nice 501(c)(3) there.......

Some more about his foundation

Trump’s politics are no more consistent in his giving than anywhere else. He has donated both to the Gay Men’s Health Crisis and the Billy Graham Evangelical Association, a decidedly anti-gay organization. And his love of celebrity is just as evident in donations to the Ronald Reagan Foundation, the Clinton Foundation, and charities associated with Joe Torre, Larry King, and Arnold Palmer.

Among his donations are $10,000 to Jenny McCarthy’s Generation Rescue, which champions the theory that vaccines cause autism, and $1,000 to the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project cofounded by Tom Cruise, which offered free Scientology-based cleansing to 9/11 first responders.—Ruth McCambridge

Trumps charity reflects the man
edit on 1/28/2016 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

Look up his charity and giving on google, its shady as hell

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

here is the website, I don't see where it says anything about the donations going to his foundation; please advise if I missed it,

www.donaldtrumpforvets.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

here is the website, I don't see where it says anything about the donations going to his foundation; please advise if I missed it,

www.donaldtrumpforvets.com...

Right on the bottom where you send your money

The Donald J Trump Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. An email confirmation with a summary of your donation will be sent to the email address provided above.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

you posted-

"here’s only one problem: 100% of the money raised on the site goes directly to Donald Trump’s personal non-profit foundation, according to a disclosure listed at the bottom of the page. "

all it says is that it is a 501c3, a not for profit - ? sorry if I am missing it.....

the donations are to the site and re-distributed - no?

The Donald J Trump Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. An email confirmation with a summary of your donation will be sent to the email address provided above.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

So what is exactly the "The Donald J Trump Foundation " ?

Could that be for the veterans?

I don't think even he could be this stupid.

Here is some more info on his "Donald Trump Foundation".

edit on 14131America/ChicagoThu, 28 Jan 2016 17:14:04 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

no the 100 percent go to HIS foundation, not to wounded warriors not to other places.....

And hes made his foundation private so no one can see where hes sending the funds to, or how much....

Does no one else find that a bit shady?

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

He's afraid of Megan Kelly and ran for the hills. Then he said he'll raise donations for Wounded Warriors and all I can think about is how he using them for his own personal gain but I never imagined he would use them for his own personal wallet.

He's a scumbag and he constantly proves this day in, day out. I can't believe a candidate can retweet racist tweets and still be in the race, let alone be the front runner. That really says something about those who support him.

He doesn't want to president to make America great. He wants to make himself great. He doesn't care about you.
edit on 28-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I was wondering if this was going to show up here... Thing is, I think Donald is sincere (as sincere as he gets) in wanting to help the veterans. What this shows me is that this whole "rally" was thrown together in the 2-3 seconds after he decided to "punish" FOX for "treating him unfairly". Boo-freaking-hoo, by the way.

Anyway, once he decided to pull out of the debate, he yelled a bunch of orders and said, "Make it happen"! So, people started stumbling all over themselves to make a 'real' charity event happen. One small problem... Where do we put the donations? Well, we'll put them in the Trump foundation and disperse them later to veteran organizations.

It just shows that this wasn't a planned event. He made it happen to make himself look good. Or try to. Lipstick on a pig, right?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

So what is exactly the "The Donald J Trump Foundation " ?

Could that be for the veterans?

I don't think even he could be this stupid.

No the Trump foundation has been around for years, its not just for the troops and any of the charity watch websites you go to
if you look it up, it tells you theres no information because its private

So they wont disclose how much they give or to whom or how its allocated.......

Transparency my butt........the whole thing is there for Trump to fanagle money and taxes

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
He's a scumbag and he constantly proves this day in, day out. I can't believe a candidate can retweet racist tweets and still in the race, let alone the front runner. That really says something about those who support him.

I can't believe one of our candidates are being investigated by a email scandal and still America will vote or her.

link   

originally posted by: Swills

He's afraid of Megan Kelly and ran for the hills. Then he said he'll raise donations for Wounded Warriors and all I can think about is how he using them for his own personal gain but I never imagined he would use them for his own personal wallet.

He's a scumbag and he constantly proves this day in, day out. I can't believe a candidate can retweet racist tweets and still in the race, let alone the front runner. That really says something about those who support him.

He doesn't want to president to make America great. He wants to make himself great. He doesn't care about you.

Right there with you man, its so clear for so many to see youd think people would open their eyes

Alone his misdeeds are bad enough, but all together? criminy

link   

I WANT TO SUPPORT OUR VETERANS
100% of your donations will go directly to Veterans needs

I guess Im missing something; I hope you are wrong; this would be a terrible happening.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Umm, I don't really understand.

He owns a charity that gives back to vets. You donate to that charity, it goes to his foundation, which in turn is dolled out to Vets and Vet services.

So unless you have SEC Filings or something similar showing he spent the money on other things.....we don't have a clue where that money is going.

~Tenth

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

why not do what others do and donate the proceeds DIRECTLY to the foundations? why the need to money launder, er , I mean funnel funds, er I mean take a cut, ahhhhh crap........

What i mean is why not donate directly?

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Umm, I don't really understand.

He owns a charity that gives back to vets. You donate to that charity, it goes to his foundation, which in turn is dolled out to Vets and Vet services.

So unless you have SEC Filings or something similar showing he spent the money on other things.....we don't have a clue where that money is going.

~Tenth

Thats the point, he wont make those sorts of things public so people can see where the money is really going......like most other charities do......

Google this mans "charity donations" it doesnt look good

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

I WANT TO SUPPORT OUR VETERANS
100% of your donations will go directly to Veterans needs

I guess Im missing something; I hope you are wrong; this would be a terrible happening.

Says him.......and since when has his word been good on anything? how often does he flip flop or outright lie?

If hes so transparent where its going then why does he make it where its not public so people can see where the funds are going....

This isnt a new charity, the Donald J Trump fun has been around for years

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

my thoughts as well Tenth-

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
yes because he loves the vets, the Foundation has been around since 1988

beyond the political expediency that the latter offers, is that the Donald J. Trump Foundation hasn't given a lot to veterans or veterans groups. The Weekly Standard's John McCormack detailed that giving, contrasting the $57,000 the Trump Foundation gave veterans groups from 2009 to 2013 with the $100,000 it gave to the William J. Clinton Foundation in 2009 alone.

MAN he loves those vets

It's worth noting, too, that from 2001 to 2013 — the period for which federal reporting forms are available — the largest gifts to the foundation didn't come from Trump. Over that period, he gave about $2.8 million, none of it after 2008. The biggest donor? The WWE, as in World Wrestling Entertainment.

Whew such a charitable man

Forbes also found that Trump, who we estimate is worth $4.5 billion, has not made personal contributions to his foundation during the same time period. We reached out to his spokespeople for comment, but did not hear back before publishing.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You'd have to ask those donating, although I would imagine they're donating 'to DONALD' more than to the vets. Whatever his supporters can do to show they support him, they will do.

With his experience and reputation, I wouldn't doubt that there's some shade going on. It may just be so he can say he made a YOOGE donation to some vets, though some are saying they'd refuse the donations received from using them as a political pawn.

I agree that people should donate directly to the vets' organization, but then Donald wouldn't get to pound his chest and bloviate about his greatness.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Jordan River

I hear that, but Clinton. I hope they arrest her and she's in prison when the new prez is elected. But that's a dream cuz we all know people of power are above the law.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join