It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students advised to stop chanting 'U-S-A, U-S-A' and 'air ball'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
a reply to: MoreInterior

USA is You Suck Butt (the other word for butt). It's supposed to be clever, like they can claim they were just being patriotic.

Now that makes more sense. I looked for another source of what you said, and I found one.

So, is the reason that "USA" was banned because of the patriotic meaning? Or because of this alternative meaning?

-dex

Considering the context:

The WIAA found the “U-S-A” chant to be problematic, too – along with “any acronym of derogatory language or innuendo.”

I'd say they were aware of how it was being used.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yelling and screaming and chanting against the other team are what being a fan is all about. Who are they to tell fans they need to practice sportsmanship, when they don't play? Implementing something like this is only going to kill great sports rivalries and also take away home court advantage. I agree that it's ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

This is ridiculous! It's funny how a comedian can drop curse words; their not silenced, but when it comes to anything real and important they sound the alarm.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JCJTTWTJS

Unless its a college campus.

They just tend to avoid those now.
edit on 15-1-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Oh my God. Absolutely ridiculous. Ugh, Wisconsin is my home. Appalling the WIAA is imposing this. God forbid anyone should have fun. Geez.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join