It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students protest transgender invasion of privacy

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
You do know that at least one in five that changes their sex through hormones and surgery regrets it later, right?

You do know this simply isn't true, right?

As far as the rest of your infinite wisdom and knowledge in these matters, the more you say the more evident it becomes that you don't really know anything about this beyond your own opinions. Those of us that are studied in this field at least have scientific research and medical consensus behind our position not to mention compassion and understanding for some very special children.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Their rights are as important as his, and he needs to grow up and accept the solution of a separate room, till his plumbing matches his expectations.

Ah. Another one who thinks it's all about the dick.

So, no penis, no problem? Tell me, what is so important about that particular piece of flesh in this context. The girls feel "uncomfortable" being undressed in front of this person who may or may not have any sexual attraction toward them. However, they are unconcerned about the lesbians they are undressing in front of, who are highly likely to have a sexual attraction toward them.

(post by JackReyes removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Yes, I agree with you.

Or at least I would, if what you were saying wasn't a steaming pile of crap. You see, the key difference between the false reality that exists inside your head, and the one we are currently discussing, is that the transperson in question isn't actually a boy. This point has been gone over a billion times, a penis does not a man make.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

I really do find pity for that mutant girl in a boy's body.

But my daughter is still normal, and reacts normally. To force her to something contrary to nature is perverse.

And no, another girl attracted to her will not cause her the emotional harm a girl in a boy's body will do.

I can't believe I have to say that.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: JackReyes

Have you discussed this with your daughter? Asked her opinion?

I have mine.
edit on 12/31/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
My 15 year old grand daughter posted the "Love Has No Labels" video on her Facebook.

You know, the one where you see 2 people in an X-ray image.

Yes, we've talked with her. Very proud of her.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freija

You do know that at least one in five that changes their sex through hormones and surgery regrets it later, right?

You do know this simply isn't true, right?

As far as the rest of your infinite wisdom and knowledge in these matters, the more you say the more evident it becomes that you don't really know anything about this beyond your own opinions. Those of us that are studied in this field at least have scientific research and medical consensus behind our position not to mention compassion and understanding for some very special children.

No, I have seen that discussed many times online, in articles, threads, and the like. It's a fact. That it doesn't fit your narrative won't change the truth.

You keep claiming all of this special knowledge, but all we have seen thus far is claims and opinions and emotional responses. Just like the one to which I am responding.

Being confused about one's sex isn't being "special"; it's being in need of treatment.

I think I want to be special, too. I believe I am royalty, and I demand that all treat me as such. No one can disagree with anything I say, and all of my commands must be followed. If people don't like it, they will be labeled as intolerant peasants, since they will clearly be discriminating against my royal position. I want private bathrooms, for me only, wherever I go, and the right to use all others as well, because I am royalty. I demand whatever job I want, and I don't have to do any work. I want any whim met, at any time, no matter who else might be inconvenienced by it. Whim of the day - I want to drive on the left side of the road. All of those other drivers can simply move out of my way! After all, I have that right! I am special.
/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Their rights are as important as his, and he needs to grow up and accept the solution of a separate room, till his plumbing matches his expectations.

Ah. Another one who thinks it's all about the dick.

So, no penis, no problem? Tell me, what is so important about that particular piece of flesh in this context. The girls feel "uncomfortable" being undressed in front of this person who may or may not have any sexual attraction toward them. However, they are unconcerned about the lesbians they are undressing in front of, who are highly likely to have a sexual attraction toward them.

I said "plumbing", which applies to both sexes, but, hey, if you needed to toss the word around to feel complete, go ahead. Par for the course from you.

If you are so fascinated by the idea of lesbians in a girls' locker room, as your repeated references imply you are, start a thread on it already, and stop cluttering this one up with that business. The topic here is a guy who claims he believes hes supposed to be a girl. I think most everyone else here gets that.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes
a reply to: LadyGreenEyesAgreed.

This thread has also made me lose all respect for Phage. To force my daughter to change in front of a boy, and perhaps force her to see him naked.

Man's perverse. Never saw that side of him. He'll argue it away, but reading his stance leads me to conclude he has some severe mental sickness.

I know what you mean! When I first saw the name mentioned, it was as though there was some awe-inspiring wisdom to be gleamed from every post, but that isn't what I have seen at all.

Here, instead of being concerned for young ladies being forced to dress with a GUY in their locker room, he wants to go on and on about lesbians.

They tried that in a school mine attended, they would not be happy. Schools catering to this sort of madness ought to lose funding. More parents really need to withdraw their kids, and home school. It's really not that complicated! They learn more, anyway. Literally. My oldest in school now (at home) is already finished with her civics for the year. In public school, she'd be way behind where she is now.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   

If you are so fascinated by the idea of lesbians in a girls' locker room, as your repeated references imply you are, start a thread on it already, and stop cluttering this one up with that business.

And you stop trying to avoid points with accusations of "Off-topic". It's extremely relevant, and you know it is. It is also further hammering the point that our communal change rooms are ridiculous to begin with.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Rather than going over views on transgenders rights again, I would be interested to hear more about the feelings towards the six young women here.

What should the response to them be? Do their concerns merit any kind of support or should they be told to accept it and move on?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No, of course not. If I had the opportunity I'd probably even talk to them myself, so I could understand them better. The issue isn't any of the student's faults (girls or transperson), it's an issue with society and how they were raised, as well as the schooling system's already pretty terrible change room privacy.

The transperson isn't totally faultless here, as they rejected the opportunity to change privately (though I can understand why they'd do so), but what really pisses me off is the people who seem to assume they're just a perverted boy looking to flash their penis in the girl's faces.
edit on 31/12/2015 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Eilasvaleleyn
a reply to: UKTruth

No, of course not. If I had the opportunity I'd probably even talk to them myself, so I could understand them better. The issue isn't any of the student's faults (girls or transperson), it's an issue with society and how they were raised, as well as the schooling system's already pretty terrible change room privacy.

The transperson isn't totally faultless here, as they rejected the opportunity to change privately (though I can understand why they'd do so), but what really pisses me off is the people who seem to assume they're just a perverted boy looking to flash their penis in the girl's faces.

I doubt anyone assumes this kid is a perverted boy who wants to flash. The discussions about that aspect come from debating the broader topic. That type of issue is outlined in the bills put forward to stop transgenders using the washroom of their gender identity as opposed to their biologial gender. Its not a broad assumption of the outcome, rather what could happen in some cases.

My own view is that the changing facilities at schools are not terrible at all. The vast majority of people I knew as a kid found it a little awkward at times, sure, but it was never a major issue. The problem has only really surfaced now because of the transgender debate.

Is this really such a major challenge for society? I don't think so. I do not know of any fair society anywhere in the world that can be 100% perfect for every citizen. It's impossible. Each individual should, in my view, accept that they are not going to have everything the way they would like. The nature of individuals being different means that, in reality, a fair society can only ever be one where some people get more value in some areas and others get more value in other areas.

Of course, no single group should be unfairly disadvantaged across the whole of society, but by the same token, reaching perfection for any individual is never going to happen in a fair to all society.

Civil rights movements have changed much of the world for the better, but there has to be a logical tipping point where the rights of one group can be pushed too far to the point where another group becomes disadvantaged as a whole - and optimal balance no longer exists. Note, i am not saying that is the case for the transgender community as of today, far from it. However, the time, effort and costs associated with this focus on transgendered bathroom issues seems to me to be wasted. If I were to write a list of the areas where transgenders should be focused on right now to ensure they had broad equality, bathrooms would not be on it.

edit on 31/12/2015 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: JackReyes

I really do find pity for that mutant girl in a boy's body.

Are you kidding me, how does calling members of a ostracized, feared and misrepresented community "mutants" not qualify as violating T & C???? I am deeply offended by that as I am no mutant sir. Ignorant and mean spirited is what that comment says about you.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

You may have a third separate locker room.

Only if they pay for it themselves. The taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for such nonsense.

No the tax payers shouldn't have to pay for corrupt war sold on lies to the citizenry. Making sure ALL children are mentally and physically looked after in PUBLIC schools is absolutely something the tax payers should pay for. If your so concerned about "the poor tax payer" go make a thread about sleazy politicians and how the tax payers are getting screwed if your really concerned about taxes

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
[

I doubt anyone assumes this kid is a perverted boy who wants to flash.

What was it someone said ... oh yes, READ THE THREAD.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The fact of differing gender identities is not (for the umpteenth time) just an "emotional response" or "a perversion" or "just anyone's opinion."

In point of fact, every major medical and psychological professional association (AMA, APA) have clearly stated what the research clearly shows over a span of more than 30 years ... that some people do have different gender identities, that this occurs due to a number of medical, anatomical and psychological reasons (not defects, diseases or mutations) and that these people should be acknowledged in exactly the same ways that we acknowledge any other American citizen and human being who has prevalent differences from "the norm."

(Again, for the dull-witted among us, the term "norm" is a statistical one and is not equal in meaning to "normal.")

No one cares if you personally don't believe these well-established facts, no one cares if you personally don't think society should acknowledge the rights of these individuals, etc. etc. etc. Spout your backward notions as you wish, that's your right as an American citizen and a human being ... so long as you're not publicly advocating for harming other American citizens.

... but just know (not that it will make any difference to many of you) you sound backward, ignorant and petty when you do so.

edit on 31-12-2015 by Gryphon66 because: Reasons

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: UKTruth
[

I doubt anyone assumes this kid is a perverted boy who wants to flash.

What was it someone said ... oh yes, READ THE THREAD.

Touché

I gave you a star for that.
You caught me at a point where I couldn't be bothered anymore.
For the record "most would not assume this transgender in the OP is a perv"

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
The fact of differing gender identities is not (for the umpteenth time) just an "emotional response" or "a perversion" or "just anyone's opinion."

In point of fact, every major medical and psychological professional association (AMA, APA) have clearly stated what the research clearly shows over a span of more than 30 years ... that some people do have different gender identities, that this occurs due to a number of medical, anatomical and psychological reasons (not defects, diseases or mutations) and that these people should be acknowledged in exactly the same ways that we acknowledge any other American citizen and human being who has prevalent differences from "the norm."

(Again, for the dull-witted among us, the term "norm" is a statistical one and is not equal in meaning to "normal.")

No one cares if you personally don't believe these well-established facts, no one cares if you personally don't think society should acknowledge the rights of these individuals, etc. etc. etc. Spout your backward notions as you wish, that's your right as an American citizen and a human being ... so long as you're not publicly advocating for harming other American citizens.

... but just know (not that it will make any difference to many of you) you sound backward, ignorant and petty when you do so.

I don't think whether gender dysphoria exists or not is the question, at least not for me.
What I am most interested in now is what the response should be to the six young women who are made to feel uncomfortable.
Do you have a view on that?

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join