It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberty University president urges students to carry guns, ‘end those Muslims’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well I was never a big fan of his father but "Jerry Falwell Jr" is ok by me. He is the president of Liberty University , an evangelical school in Lynchburg, Va. and he told his students at convocation to carry concealed weapons on campus in order to “end those Muslims” who would attack the campus. “Let’s teach them a lesson if they ever show up here"

I know alot of people wont like this idea but I love it.. Tell everyone to arm themselves.. A gun behind every effing blade of grass...

he president of the Liberty University is urging students to carry concealed weapons on campus in order to “end those Muslims” who would attack the campus.

“Let’s teach them a lesson if they ever show up here,” President Jerry Falwell, Jr., told students at convocation Friday, according to the News & Advance.

thehill.com...
edit on 5-12-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I am a firm believer in the 2nd and concealed carry....but. There are people out there I wouldn't trust with a BB gun, much less a loaded weapon. Guns/concealed carry is not for every one. The last thing we need is a bunch of paranoid people jumping at shadows. Or shooting at them.
Some take these TV evangelists seriously and will do what they say. Or use it as an excuse to do what they want.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I am a firm believer in the 2nd and concealed carry....but. There are people out there I wouldn't trust with a BB gun, much less a loaded weapon. Guns/concealed carry is not for every one. The last thing we need is a bunch of paranoid people jumping at shadows. Or shooting at them.
Some take these TV evangelists seriously and will do what they say. Or use it as an excuse to do what they want.

We allready have a bunch of paranoid people with guns, this is America..

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Nothing like a good old fashion witch hunt.

"You look like a Muslim, you're a terrorist".

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

If the shoe fits....

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

So let's throw gas on the fire?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

So let's throw gas on the fire?

Yes... I want any and every American to be able to protect themselves at all times... There is a real threat with real guns and real bullets that want us all dead..

Arm yourself...

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I wonder what he will say if they do and take it to the next level and fire at those who are innocent?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I know I feel safer knowing everyone is armed than the alternative of only bad people having guns. Crime would rarely occur if everyone was armed.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Proving the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
In order to get a ccl permit you have to go through both a book and practical use course. It is not cheap and it takes 4-5 months after completing the course to get your license. (background checks x10)

When I first got my license I was nervous carrying and often did not have a bullet in the chamber. After a few months I always had my firearm chambered and ready to go.

3 months after I got my license I was in a bad part of town near the courthouse and had to stop for gas. As I got in my car I noticed a guy walking towards the back of my car. As he got closer I noticed in the mirror he had something metallic in his hand.(got a bad feeling) As he walked between the gas pump and my passenger side door he slowed, I had my firearm ready. fortunately he did not do anything but as soon as he cleared the pump he did a 180 and walked into the c store.

1. Dude was casing me
2. He didnt see anything worth trying to steal
3. I drove away quickly glad that I wasn't put in position where I would have had to defend myself.

Moral to story. No matter how cautious you are you never know when someone will try to harm you. I may not be able to defend myself even with a firearm but atleast I have a fighting chance!

One thing I have adopted that everyone should even if you dont have a firearm is situational awareness. Simply be aware of your surroundings. Some might call it paranoia but to me its is just being prudent in the world we live in.

I support ccl for all law abiding people! You never know when your life may depend on it.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I know I feel safer knowing everyone is armed than the alternative of only bad people having guns. Crime would rarely occur if everyone was armed.

If every intelligent, logical, level headed, thinking, trained, experienced gun owner without a trigger finger.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

He was referring to radical Muslims who show up to attack the campus. I didn't see anywhere in his comments that he said "go forth and kill all Muslims, God wills it."

I don't have a problem with him telling his students to be willing to defend themselves should an attack happen.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Just have them carry around concealed bacon

edit on 5-12-2015 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot
In order to get a ccl permit you have to go through both a book and practical use course. It is not cheap and it takes 4-5 months after completing the course to get your license. (background checks x10)

I don't think that supplies in Arizona, probably a couple other systems, and more to come.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

He was referring to radical Muslims who show up to attack the campus. I didn't see anywhere in his comments that he said "go forth and kill all Muslims, God wills it."

I don't have a problem with him telling his students to be willing to defend themselves should an attack happen.

Of course.

That's what they're gonna hear.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Well gaaaaaaawdamn.

Guns and bibles... Jesus.

Matthew 26:52

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
That is not the answer to work place violence. /sarc

Extremists all over the world are hoping and praying that the gun control advocates win. Jihad is much easier when the infidels are unarmed.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

They better be careful. It is starting to get difficult distinguishing between the two.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Of course.

That's what they're gonna hear.

Odd. I read the article and have no desire to go wage a Holy War. Are you sure?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join