It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian su-34 destroy multiple convoys In Turkish/Syrian borders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: markosity1973

In the zero hedge article I posted there is a link to another story where one can download the report on the oil trade from Isis to market.

Why not post that then? Seems silly to say jump through my hoops to find my evidence when you knew specifically where the "direct evidence" is. Post that, not stories. If I want stories I'll check Fox or RT.

Sure. I was on my phone before so it was a bit difficult to post links

The article;

www.zerohedge.com...

Link in article

www.marsecreview.com...
edit on 5-12-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Link in article

www.marsecreview.com...

4. Conclusions
The authors of this paper would like to make it clear from the very beginning that this has
not been the case of a ‘smoking gun’. The evidence has been inconclusive. But even if
volumes of ISIS crude found their way, beyond any reasonable doubt, to the international
crude oil markets via the Ceyhan terminal, this fact would not conclusively point to
collusion between the Turkish authorities and the shadow network of smugglers, let alone
ISIS operatives.

Your source. There is nothing substantial there, and they admit it in the conclusion. Nice try.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Go to the next paragraph

However, having clarified such a politically sensitive issue, the authors believe that there
are strong hints to an illicit supply chain that ships ISIS crude from Ceyhan. Primary
research points to a considerably active shadow network of crude oil smugglers and
traders (see section 2.1, page 3), who channel ISIS crude to southeast Turkey from
northeast Syria and northwest Iraq.
Given the existence of Route E 90, the corresponding
transportation of oil poses no unsurmountable geographic and topological challenges.
Moreover, since the launch of the ISIS oil venture in summer 2014, tanker charter rates
from Ceyhan re-coupled up to a degree with the ones from the rest of the Middle East (see
section 3.3, page 11). This partial realignment may be attributed to additional Kurdish
crude, whose export via Ceyhan coincided with the rise of ISIS and its oil business.
Alternatively, it may be the result of boosted demand for ultra-cheap smuggled crude,
available for loading from the same port. At this point the authors cannot be categorical.
Nevertheless, primary research (Interview with Correspondent Y 2014 b) points to the
latter scenario, while making clear that the same oil traders/shippers who used to ship oil
from Baniyas, moved to Ceyhan, once Syria’s civil war brought all its seaborne trading
activities to a grinding halt

It sounds like someone had a gun to their head when they finalised the report.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

It sounds like someone had a gun to their head to post an internet report? You are reaching bro, and pretty far. I don't doubt for one second Turkey is the facilitator of ISIS oil, but this garbage pdf you offered is nothing more than Russian speculation.

Russia doesn't play that way with "evidence". If they have evidence, REAL EVIDENCE. it will be the of the kind that cannot be refuted. Not this collaboration of speculative evidence anyone with google could compile. Seriously, c'mon now.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

So, you're saying that ISIS is not earning up to 3 million dollars a day from oil trade?

How else do you propose the oil is getting to market?

Magic ISIS oil pixies transporting it to destinations unknown?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

a reply to: mikkelno

Russia gave a presentation at the recent G20 summit.

Our leaders chose to ignore it however.

I was at that presentation, Russian Intelligence.....
edit on 5 12 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

So,

Answer my question;

How is ISIS getting the oil to market? If Turkey is innocent, who is guilty then?

SOMEONE is buying all that oil.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   

So, you're saying that ISIS is not earning up to 3 million dollars a day from oil trade?

Which Bank are they using?

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Since like a politician you answer my question with another question to avoid the subject, let's have a look

Last year, the journalist Mike Giglio published a lengthy investigation, on BuzzFeed, into oil smuggling at the Turkish-Syrian border. He travelled to Besaslan, a Turkish village near an official crossing point, and found that much of the oil coming through this smuggling post originated in ISIS territory, many miles away. It was transported by middlemen to a nearby area in northwest Syria. In Besaslan, traders received the oil through a network of buried pipes, while spotters looked out for police. They filled drums and sold them to local Turkish businessmen, who, in turn, cut secret deals with gas stations or set up illegal filling stops. Soon after Giglio’s article was published, more than a thousand members of the Turkish security forces reportedly descended on Besaslan, arresting thirty-seven Syrians and Turks and destroying about eight miles of illegal pipes.

www.newyorker.com...

And

The networks for exporting stolen crude are even more extensive, he says, moving through Turkey and Iran and reaching international markets as far away as Afghanistan and Armenia, earning millions for the militants

www.npr.org...

You ask what bank they use knowing full well that this is black market money - designed to be untraceable.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Seems you have a reading problem. I said this

I don't doubt for one second Turkey is the facilitator of ISIS oil

THEN I said this

but this garbage pdf you offered is nothing more than Russian speculation.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

Which Bank are they using?

One of these most likely.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

So,

Answer my question;

How is ISIS getting the oil to market? If Turkey is innocent, who is guilty then?

SOMEONE is buying all that oil.

Have you ever taken a look at a map of the middle east? LOTS of people are buying isis oil, Russia and the USA included.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Burn baby burn ISIL scum! Zero sympathy here for terrorists and thier support networks. Nor do I care much for terrorist supporters, if you ask me anyone who supports these clowns are traitors to whatever country that hosts them.
edit on 5-12-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

So now you're suggesting double jeopardy?

Russia is bombing and disabling the very infrastructure that you allege is providing a weakened Russian economy with cash flow?

Yeah right.

Why isn't America bombing the hell out of the oilfields instead of avoiding them? They set Iraq on fire during the gulf war with no qualms.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Your government doesn't feel the same sentiment. Tell me this isn't an isis convoy.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Your government doesn't feel the same sentiment. Tell me this isn't an isis convoy.

Another reason I find it hard to believe Russian banks are taking ISIS money. Russia is becoming more hostile to the USA every day.

And yes, I have seen that vid and another similar to it.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   

So now you're suggesting double jeopardy?

Russia is bombing and disabling the very infrastructure that you allege is providing a weakened Russian economy with cash flow?

Yeah right.

Why isn't America bombing the hell out of the oilfields instead of avoiding them? They set Iraq on fire during the gulf war with no qualms.

When you break something someone has to fix it. Russia is figuring that out now. They know they have Syria, and Assad probably right now is #ting himself. Russia will play this perfectly, they need an economical boost. How better to boost the economy other than military and construction? Of course, the military and construction won't be in Russia, but the contracts will be in Russian for sure.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Another reason I find it hard to believe Russian banks are taking ISIS money. Russia is becoming more hostile to the USA every day.

Have you ever heard of a bank not wanting to make a profit? Banks don't care where the money comes from.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Hey I did say that anyone who supports those terrorist clowns are traitors. This goes for government or otherwise!

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Have you ever heard of a bank not wanting to make a profit? Banks don't care where the money comes from.

Very true.

But

The premise makes no logic;

The US is protecting ISIS who is running the oil fields that are supposedly laundering money through Russian banks while the Russian government bombs the infrastructure that supplies the oil that makes cash to deposit in their banks who operate in an environment that the US has seen them starve for cash due to sanctions.

See - it makes absolutely no sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join