It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin will respond: Russians feel betrayed as Turkey stabs them in the back

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: djz3ro

We gave them AK's and other russian equipment? Last I checked the US arms came from saudi arabia and the inability of the iraqi army to, you know, fight.

And what is the USA doing giving arms to a regime that is letting its weapons fall into hands of terrorists? Not to mention SA god awful human rights statistics
edit on 26-11-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Most of the IS's arms ultimately came from China, Russia , the U.S. Sucks when that happens. But hey, there goes that fighting proxy wars with ourselves thing again....
What a load of utter turd. Most of their weapons and vehicles came from the U.S and the U.K...

independent arms monitoring group has collected evidence that fighters in the Islamic State (IS) group, labeled a "network of death" by President Obama, are using weapons and ammunition manufactured in at least 21 different countries, including China, Russia, and the United States. [Source]

Two of the biggest sources of the militants' weaponry, the report says, are supplies wrested from the Syrian army, which possesses a significant stock of Soviet- and Russian-made arms that is still being replenished, and supplies captured in Iraq, many of which were made in America.

The report notes that almost 20 percent of the cartridges cataloged could be traced to U.S. manufacturers. Additionally, the report points out that the Islamic State appears to use "significant quantities" of ammunition manufactured in Russia under the Wolf brand and distributed by the U.S. to allied states in the Middle East.

Between them, China, Russia, the now-defunct Soviet Union, the U.S. and Serbia provided more than 80 percent of the ammunition in the sample collected, according to a New York Times analysis of the report. [Source]

As the Islamic militant group ISIS absorbs U.S. airstrikes in northern Iraq, scrutiny is increasing around the weaponry, including heavy armor, the jihadist militia has been able to amass during its 16-month offensive in Syria and Iraq. Questions remain over where the weapons came from, and most of all, how effectively ISIS can use the powerful weapons it has acquired.

The armaments are predominantly a mix of veteran Soviet tanks; large, advanced U.S.-made systems; and black market arms. [Source]

14 Deadly Weapons Russia Has Sent To Syria

How U.S. Weapons Fall Into the Hands of Terrorists

How ISIS Acquires Weapons: Islamic State Benefits From Region Overflowing With American, Russian Made Arms

Having a wee bit of trouble coming to grips with the fact that the people fighting on both sides are using weapons provided by the precious global MIC who doesn't care who dies as long as they get their blood money?

edit on 11/26/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Your question also applies to Russia and China.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

...and about 18 other nations.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

It all stops here really.
Why is there an embargo on NK? Because we know how the goverment is ( psychopaths )
Why is Saudi an excuse? We all know their rep, I mean seriously they recently approved to give Atheists the terrorist status.
Not to mention the human rights or better lack off.

So knowingly selling weapons to this nation should be labeled a crime against humanity and means you should be held accomplice to all the events that follow because of this.

edit on 26-11-2015 by Belgianbloke because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Belgianbloke

Yet china and russia sell arms to n. korea. They both also sell arms to S. Arabia.
edit on 26-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Interesting, I shall google this at once.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Exactly, like I've said before somewhere else, the military industrial complex doesn't pick sides...
They arm all sides.
Funny how the western coalition is fighting against their own weaponry, not like that never happened before.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Tyrion79

And russia and syria are also fighting against their own weaponry as well, since you conveniently ignored that part.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

It does indeed.

But I dont live in China or Russia and so wont speak for them. But I do live in the UK and as such I am opposed to my own country supplying such reguimes with arms.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
You're absolutely right, I didn't mean to leave them out as well.
It's all a big mess anyway.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

A nifty attempt to avoid the elephant in the room. Speaking or not speaking doesnt change the inconvenient truth.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

A nifty attempt to avoid the elephant in the room. Speaking or not speaking doesnt change the inconvenient truth.

I am not avoiding anything.

I don’t live in Russia or China so what can I do? Not a lot.

All I can ask for is political pressure to be brought on them to stop those arms sales. But that cant happen until my own country stops doing the same thing.

You want me to get a war drum and beat it?
Call for nuclear annihilation over a action my own country’s doing to?

All I can do is ask my own government to stop and then put pressure on the USA, China and Russia to do the same.

Hell if it was up to me I would have kicked every filthy Russian oligarch out of london a decade ago and seized all there dirty money in London.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
There are a lot of ethnic Turks that live in Syria just across the border from where the shoot down took place.

The russians were bombing these ethnic Turks while trying to get the anti Syrian government forces.
www.pressreader.com...
news.vice.com...

there are a lot of sides fighting each other in this area.

the Turkman rebels
the Syrian government
the Syrian rebels.
the kurds
and of course ISIS

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You dont live in the US or Turkey yet dont mind commenting on them. So save the excuse on your refusal to comment on Russia or china.

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well it seems Russia is taking a page out of the West's handbook, as it seems they understand sanctions are a better alternative to war.

The foreign minister spent a fraught hour on the phone to his Turkish counterpart today, but his conclusion was critical: "We do not intend to go to war with Turkey," Sergei Lavrov assured the world.

Instead, ministries have been ordered to report back to the Kremlin on any projects involving Turkey, for a decision on possible sanctions.
The future of a pipeline project could be in doubt and there have been calls for flights to Turkey to be suspended.
Meanwhile, tourists have been warned against travelling there for "security reasons". Last year, Turkey was the destination of choice for over three million Russian holidaymakers.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Looks like that missile that downed that SU-24 ricocheted back into Turkey's foot

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

And that doesn't even have the Kurds, Hezbollah, Iraq or Iraqi Shia militias on it. But I guess Hezbollah falls under Lebanon Shias.
edit on 26-11-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Yes...it needs work. Some of those lines aren't quite right either. But it's close. And a mess.

posted on Nov, 27 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

a reply to: DelMarvel

Yes...it needs work. Some of those lines aren't quite right either. But it's close. And a mess.

So many of us are talking about this without really knowing what is going on, me included.

For example, as you might know, the Turks are bombing Kurds inside of Iraqi Kurdistan and that hardly registers a blip in the U.S. media.

rudaw.net...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join