It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin will respond: Russians feel betrayed as Turkey stabs them in the back

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
"Vladimir Putin, who has a reputation for speaking in measured tones and not being prone to rash outbursts, has never seemed as furious as he was following Turkey’s shooting down of a Russian military jet over Syria. Make no mistake, Russians feel betrayed by Turkey.

LIVE UPDATES:
www.rt.com...

Journalists on the Russia beat spend an inordinate amount of time watching, analyzing and listening to Vladimir Putin. He has been the central figure in Russian politics for 15 years now, 11 of them as President. “Playing chess while others play checkers,” as many observers frequently note.

I have never seen Putin as furious as he was during Tuesday’s Sochi briefing. At least not since his brief 1999 stint as Prime Minister, when he promised to “waste terrorists in the outhouse” after a wave of Islamist attacks inside Russia.

"The Russian president clearly feels that Recep Tayyip Erdogan has personally betrayed him. “Today’s loss is a result of a stab in the back delivered by accomplices of terrorists. There is no other way I can qualify what happened today,” he stated. It’s not only Putin who feels double-crossed. For hours, #УдарВСпину, the Russian approximation for ‘stab in the back’ trended on Twitter. Russian people have long regarded Turkey as a friendly country. Millions of them holiday there and there is barely a large Russian city without a Turkish migrant worker presence, with over 20,000 in Rostov alone. That goodwill probably died on Tuesday. "

www.rt.com...
edit on 25-11-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Russias loss was a result of violating turkish airspace starting back in october and ignoring warnings to stay out of turkish airspace.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Between Putin making a point about this at the G20 meeting...

Western media almost totally ignored the story, but last week at the G20 summit in Antalya, Putin dropped a massive bombshell. He alleged that ISIS has been being financed from 40 countries, including some G20 members. The dogs in the streets of Damascus knew he was referring to Turkey and Saudi Arabia as did the G20 participants involved.

And his bombing of oil tankers, which by the looks of it, Turkey was buying the cheap oil too from ISIS

Putin also spoke of the urgent need to curb the illegal oil trade by ISIS. “I’ve shown our colleagues photos taken from space and from aircraft which clearly demonstrate the scale of the illegal trade in oil and petroleum products,” he said. “The motorcade of refueling vehicles stretched for dozens of kilometers, so that from a height of 4,000 to 5,000 meters they stretch beyond the horizon,” Putin added, comparing the convoy to gas and oil pipeline systems.

Late last week, the Russian Air Force began specifically targeting these convoys in an attempt to annihilate the terror group’s main source of revenue. The General Staff reported that 500 fuel tanker vehicles were destroyed in the first few days and provided video evidence of some hits.

Of course, a US special forces raid in May had uncovered startling evidence that ISIS smugglers had been selling the oil to Turkish businessmen. According to UK newspaper the Guardian,“over the past two years several senior ISIS members have told the Guardian that Turkey preferred to stay out of their way and rarely tackled them directly.”

Turkey did claim they gave the Russian planes several warnings, and got only silence in return

But if Putin is putting Turkey on the spot and ruining it for them to buy cheap oil, this may be their way of getting back

Although the experts did say it is a very complex and complicated situation that is becoming very unstable, very fast

edit on 25-11-2015 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Russias loss was a result of violating turkish airspace starting back in october and ignoring warnings to stay out of turkish airspace.

It was a pre-planned attack on a Russian plane, The result has been for Russia to bring a chess piece (S-400) into play...Now Turkey will not be able to fly its planes within 10 miles of its own borders....Ha ha ha

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ken10

Nice to see the pro russians getting their talking points from moscow. There is already a thread on the pre planned excuse putin is trying to use.

Pre planned?

I guess you could make that argument since turkey warned russia back in october to stop violating its airspace and what would happen if they continued.

Sure they will be able to fly. They are a NATO member... something putin should consider... O, wait, he already did. Thats why putin is whining and throwing a temper tantrum. He cant do anything else.
edit on 25-11-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Nice to see the pro russians getting their talking points from moscow. There is already a thread on the pre planned excuse putin is trying to use.

Pre planned?

I guess you could make that argument since turkey warned russia back in october to stop violating its airspace and what would happen if they continued.

Sure they will be able to fly. They are a NATO member... something putin should consider... O, wait, he already did. Thats why putin is whining and throwing a temper tantrum. He cant do anything else.

Well, Turkey and Russia were Allegedly Friends fighting a common cause and for Turkey to stab Russia in the back with this pre-planned action just isn't cricket mate.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

stab in the back... another moscow talking point. Putin is lashing out because he was made a fool of by his own arrogance.

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You keep saying Putin is throwing a temper tantrum but I have yet to see it, if he was throwing one he would have been throwing missiles at Turkey. As far as I can see he has been pretty level headed a few stern words which is a given but that is it. Just because you keep spamming threads saying the same things over doesn't make them true.
edit on 25-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Which is surprising because you guys keep talking about it with all of putins accusations at turkey.

Just because you keep spamming threads saying the same things over doesn't make them true.

Tell that to putin...

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Which is surprising because you guys keep talking about it with all of putins accusations at turkey.

Just because you keep spamming threads saying the same things over doesn't make them true.

Tell that to putin...

I've made 5 posts in the last week and 3 of those where on this thread, one was an update on China and another asking you a question that you ignored. I am not saying anything. I know what spamming looks like when I see it

edit on 25-11-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Yeah there are plenty of spam threads demonstrating putins temper tantrum ad nauseum. My post was to ken10 and you responded.. kinda undermines your claim.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Yeah there are plenty of spam threads demonstrating putins temper tantrum ad nauseum. My post was to ken10 and you responded.. kinda undermines your claim.

How? I explained that he hasn't thrown any tantrum that is it. You said I have been saying stuff over and over which I have been not. Nothing is undermined, you post back to others all the time in the same vein, are all your comments invailid?
it's embarrassing

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

How did you get only yourself out of you guys? Its not all about you.

Dismiss me all you want but the fact remains russia was in the wrong and is incapable of anything in response except a temper tantrum.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

All this over the russians flying over a little piece of land whilst attacking ISIS and other rebels in Syria??

I think the Turks should have just let them fly over that little piece of land.... after all, they weren't ging to touch anyone in Turkey!

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

ISIS was nowhere near the area russia was trolling in when they violated turkish airspace.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Putin thought he instilled enough fear on people that his military would be able to invade any airspace.

Now he looks like a fool.

Please please let it be gay military man who shot his jet down because that would be the icing on the cake...
o
edit on 25-11-2015 by lucifershiningone because: (no reason given)

(post by Logman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Turkish embassy in Moscow attacked over Su-24 incident

A spontaneous rally took place outside the Turkish embassy in Moscow on Wednesday to protest against the shooting down of a Russian Su-24 plane by Turkey last Tuesday.

About 900 people gathered outside the Turkish embassy in Moscow. They just threw stones, eggs, tomatoes and paint at the embassy building breaking about 15 windows on the first and second floors.

The protest action lasted for about 15 minutes. None of the protesters was detained.

Russia planning no war with Turkey

Sergey Lavrov after talks with his Turkish counterpart said Moscow's attitude towards Turkish people has not changed though it has changed towards the Turkish leadership

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

ISIS was nowhere near the area russia was trolling in when they violated turkish airspace.

Well either the flyby was done on purpose to infuriate the Turks or it was a genuine mistake.. in either case, there was no need to shoot the aircraft down.... unless it were a rebel group which did it but that doesn't fit in to what the reports are saying.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Right you know ISIS wasn't there cause you were...well...were you there? Probably not...which means you are taking our media as gospel and at the same time acting as if anything coming out of Eastern media is propaganda. You really make yourself look pretty ignorant pretending that Western media wouldn't lie and create propaganda for their own ends. All you have done in every thread you've come to that has anything to do with Russia is badmouth them and spout official Western media propaganda. When you actually have something to contribute I'd be willing to listen but as it is now I'll just pass right on by your posts as if they don't exist...I'm sure many others are already doing so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join