It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Campaign Against Sex Robots.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Just reading the BBC website and I came across this.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Dr Kathleen Richardson has launched a campaign asking to ban sex robots because it is unnecessary and undesirable.
Here is her site.

campaignagainstsexrobots.wordpress.com...

Personally I can see her point because If one came out and they were like the robots in Humans I wouldn't bother with all the nonsense that follows me around with the ladies and just get me a slave robot.
Yes I understand it could doom the human race but by then we will grow kids in vats or something.
Or 3D print a baby

Mind you I don't think we should worry just yet here is Roxxxy the sex robot.

I think she had a robo stroke lol.
So what are your thoughts? will you get one or should we ban them?.

edit on 15-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Why do people have to kill all of my dreams???

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Imagine If they can make sandwiches as well...

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I for one welcome our sex robot overlords.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

What people do in the privacy of their own home, and in their bedroom; with the caveat that no one is being harmed or having things done against their will, then it is--

No One Else's damn business!

Why do people feel they must influence one way or another, what goes on in the privacy of someone's home?

I mean seriously, people need to get over this ridiculous notion, that people should only love or want to have carnal knowledge of certain types. Be it heterosexual /non-heterosexual / robo-sexual / or multi-sexual. It really is no one's damn business.

And seriously, if you wanna boink an A.I. robot, be my guest. It'll probably be safer, more convenient, and without the added issue of people having headaches, or not liking what your doing.. You don't have to worry about "If the robot likes it".. (At least until the singularity occurs, but alas, I digress).

This woman, and others like her, have control issues. They do not like change. Two things in the world are constant, Change and chaos. People will do their damnedest to keep them from happening too.

Great Post, Boymonkey. S&F! Sorry for the Rant, but.. that is my $0.02.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

LOL - her jealousy is showing:

Dr Kathleen Richardson is to Hillary as what Monica Lewinsky is to mechanical-Debbie

Politicians are more unnecessary and undesirable - I say we ban them first.

Some robots need more lovin than others and in fact I can see the sale of cigarettes possibly going through the roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
heres the crux of the matter: all women have to offer men is their sex appeal. Women know, whether consciously or not, that if they lose this edge in the game of courtship they will only have their personality and intellect to offer....something most people have a woeful inadequacy of. Men are simple.....most of us just want to do the deed and then move onto other things like hobbies or time with the boys etc. If women cant hold us hostage anymore by withholding sex they lose an essential power play everywhere..at home....in the work place.....everywhere. Women on the other hand want sex but they also want romance and pillow talk and just conversation which an average hard working man just has no interest in.

Chris Rock nailed it in his standup routine where he says how much women want to talk the first thing we come through the door and just dont let us be men and chill. Theres a fundamental misunderstanding between the sexes and what our expectations are of each other. Having robots that can satisfy some of our basic needs may actually help refocus us on WHY we mate for life and force lazy husbands and wives to work a little harder at understanding each other and meeting each others needs. I think it could be a very good thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ratsinacage

Well said.
If you look at certain countries they are having a massive problem because men can't be arsed with women because of the problems we have with them.
We don't have to get wed settle down and have kids anymore.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Maybe I woke up too soon. I found Roxxxy way too funny.
She's only got 5 personalities?
I don't think I've known a meat-space gal that didn't have at least a good baker's dozen.
edit on 15-9-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

She's going to have a big problem trying to get those banned.

It was on drudge not too long ago that 15% of men said they would have sex with a human like robot. Which is a very high percentage as it's not even close to being a product yet.

Only 2% of women said they would, which is odd considering how many disembodied penile toys they already buy.

I'm sure women are going to be throwing a massive fit if this product ever reaches the market. That 15% will grow much higher and very fast if they ever have a realistic humanoid.

15% men, 2% women article

edit on 15-9-2015 by ghostrager because: Linky

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Screw her I want a Anita out of humans

Uptight miserable cow!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

A sexy tyranny

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Do you happen to read a certain Vulture branded I.T. website as well as ATS?

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Bet Dr kathleen a right old ugly battle axe.

Those with the ban bat always are!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Maybe the doc has a sideline as a madam and is trying to kill off the competition before it starts!

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Just been thinking some people will make a fortune by selling their image rights to the sex robot people.
Gonna contact them now and sell mine I'm gonna be rich and yes ladies you too can have your very own Boymonkey robot to do what you will with
Or fellas for that matter

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Home protection fembots

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

I think we can safely say from the replies here that sex bots are here to stay.
(even though I think only men have commented so far).
Come on ladies your dreams will come true your very own Boymonkey sex robot who does the dishes without moaning*.

*may moan often the moan/dishes program is very hard to surpress even in robots.
edit on 15-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Make live, not war.

It doesn't matter how.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

C'mon ladies, you know you want a cheeky mechanical-spider-boymonkey-love doll

(batteries not included)

edit on 15-9-2015 by Sublimecraft because: linked for extra lovin'

top topics

<<   2  3 >>