It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi speech:'America hanged Saddam and we might be next!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Gaddafi attacks Arab leaders at the Arab summit in Syria (2008), stressing that Saddam Hussein's fate awaits all Arab leaders! - (with accurate English subtitles)

It's interesting to note Gaddafi's stance in his presentation essentially he is warning the Arabs summit of the fate of future Arab nations at the hands of the US and other Players , All while Assad was sitting their laughing at him . Now look at Assad .

The fun starts at around 5:00 .

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
he has lots of speeches worth watching.
I still don't know how i feel about the guy, there is a ton of evidence he was going good things for his people, by giving houses to homeless people, keeping taxes low, bringing water to the desert...
my humble hunch is that "someone" didn't like his idea to introduce a common currency for all africa, the dinar.
selling/buying petrol would not be done with us dollars if he had his way.
History as we all know is written by the winners...but they might not have won honestly...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
he has lots of speeches worth watching.
I still don't know how i feel about the guy, there is a ton of evidence he was going good things for his people, by giving houses to homeless people, keeping taxes low, bringing water to the desert...
my humble hunch is that "someone" didn't like his idea to introduce a common currency for all africa, the dinar.
selling/buying petrol would not be done with us dollars if he had his way.
History as we all know is written by the winners...but they might not have won honestly...

exactly here he touches on it more.

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Libya was doing pretty good with Gaddafi in power . The list of benefits that the citizens enjoyed was pretty amazing . I am not even really that sure why the west did not embrace this man . Sure he was a loose cannon early but as time passed he , and Libya were becoming pretty much a model state .

16 Things Libya Will Never See Again

by Saya on October 24, 2011 in News
Great Manmade River

There is no electricity bill in Libya; electricity is free for all its citizens.
There is no interest on loans, banks in Libya are state-owned and loans given to all its citizens at zero percent interest by law.
Having a home considered a human right in Libya.
All newlyweds in Libya receive $60,000 dinar (U.S.$50,000) by the government to buy their first apartment so to help start up the family.
Education and medical treatments are free in Libya. Before Gaddafi only 25 percent of Libyans were literate. Today, the figure is 83 percent.
Should Libyans want to take up farming career, they would receive farming land, a farming house, equipments, seeds and livestock to kickstart their farms are all for free.
If Libyans cannot find the education or medical facilities they need, the government funds them to go abroad, for it is not only paid for, but they get a U.S.$2,300/month for accommodation and car allowance.
If a Libyan buys a car, the government subsidizes 50 percent of the price.
The price of petrol in Libya is $0.14 per liter.
Libya has no external debt and its reserves amounting to $150 billion are now frozen globally.
If a Libyan is unable to get employment after graduation the state would pay the average salary of the profession, as if he or she is employed, until employment is found.
A portion of every Libyan oil sale is credited directly to the bank accounts of all Libyan citizens.
A mother who gives birth to a child receive U.S.$5,000.
40 loaves of bread in Libya costs $0.15.
25 percent of Libyans have a university degree.
Gaddafi carried out the world’s largest irrigation project, known as the Great Manmade River project, to make water readily available throughout the desert country.
Sadly all gone now .

edit on 7-9-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Not sure if same in other country's but just before the UN took action against him and during that time there where tons of media broadcasts with interviews from people from Libya on news channels in Holland, all painting him as a bad man where people had it bad under his rule.
Gotta love the propaganda, just look at how Libya is now, destroyed.. a hell hole.

Of course no media broadcast now/after how worse the west actions against Libya/ made it in that country / for the people there.

It's strange really, look how crazy they went when a few hundred people died on that plane in Ukraine, and tooking action against Libya, how many died there and how many fled that country / have no future... of course they won't stand still by that for 1 second.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Gaddafi had known he was on the "wests" radar since 1981 when Reagan got in. The bombing of the disco in Berlin in 1986 and the US militarys subsequent Operation El Dorado Canyon the same year set the precedent for his eventual downfall.

On the 21st December 1988, the gloves came off and Gaddafi was most certainly marked for eventual death.

Oh, and Gaddafi was also fiercely anti-Israeli and supported violent groups aligned against Israel - another commonality with middle eastern despots taken out by the west..

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

And is the world better for his death . My vote is no , in fact much worse .

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

It worked didn't it! He turned over his nuclear program and we didn't even know he had one!....

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

It worked didn't it! He turned over his nuclear program and we didn't even know he had one!....

If you mean work by the complete and utter collapse of the entire middle east and North Africa and the elimination of any small amount of stability that existed.

But I guess if your a member of ISIS running wild or a defense contractor thats made billions off the whole cluster # it "worked".
edit on 7-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   
gaddafi never was a problem.
he only got a problem from the time he wanted to get rid of the petrodollar.
look what the country has become now after the west's intervention...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen

Don't be stupid!

Libya has a a dozen Aircraft carrier task forces along with a fleet of 5th gen fighter craft and a projection force capable of landing a invasion force on US soil!!!!!!! They had to go!

/sarc

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The countries where stable with Saddam and Ghadafi, not within the western worlds best interest.

make up some Bullsh1t, destroy all credibility kill them off and hurrah, unstable Syria.

West is happy. Stupid West

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Of-course "they" had to get rid of him, he was uniting the Arab world, including Iran...

But his biggest mistake was thinking that gold (not the Rothschild global currencies), should be used as money.

And right on cue, the Libyan "rebels" gutted Kadaffi's gold based central bank and replaced it with a new one using the Western debt based slave system.

Libya all about oil, or central banking?

edit on 7-9-2015 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Some "background"…

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: anticitizen

Don't be stupid!

Libya has a a dozen Aircraft carrier task forces along with a fleet of 5th gen fighter craft and a projection force capable of landing a invasion force on US soil!!!!!!! They had to go!

/sarc

oh yeah sorry i forgot that one....
thank god the world is much safer now!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

after the day Saddam was hanged i always mentioned this story to my friends

There was once a Lion who came across three bulls: a red bull, a white bull and a black bull. The Lion tried to attack them but because they were strong together he decided to bide his time. He befriended the bulls and told them he was protecting them. One day he called the Red Bull and the Black Bull and said ”My friends I am really concerned for you.” “Why?” they asked. The Lion responded “The White Bull represents a threat to you; he stands out with his complexion and he is going to make you a target for other predators and hunters; the lives of both of you at risk, let me eliminate him.” The Red Bull and Black Bull agreed, after all the Lion was their sincere friend and King of the Jungle. The lion attacked the white bull and, because noone came to his help, he was defeated. The lion ate him. A few weeks went by and the Lion called the Black Bull over and gives him the same speech ”The Red Bull represents a threat to you by attracting attention, let me eliminate him and you will be safe.” The Black Bull agreed; he was a friend of the King of the Jungle so who cares about anyone else….So he allowed the Lion to kill and eat the Red Bull. A few days later the Lion confronted the Black Bull and said “Now it is your turn”…The Black Bull finally realised his mistake and said, ”I was killed the moment the white bull was killed."

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Gaddafi had known he was on the "wests" radar since 1981 when Reagan got in. The bombing of the disco in Berlin in 1986 and the US militarys subsequent Operation El Dorado Canyon the same year set the precedent for his eventual downfall.

On the 21st December 1988, the gloves came off and Gaddafi was most certainly marked for eventual death.

Oh, and Gaddafi was also fiercely anti-Israeli and supported violent groups aligned against Israel - another commonality with middle eastern despots taken out by the west..

Reagan? The Hollywood actor? I'm sure he was great at gathering facts and avoiding manipulation from the military industrial complex. Sharp as a razor that Reagan

Eventual death? 20 years since the allegations his people were more literate than America and Gaddafi could walk freely around his country without fear of assassination? My Canadian PM has full time RCMP detail protecting him and a private security force making sure nobody gets close enough to ask him a question he doesn't like. When he travels from the Airport to a hotel in any Canadian city the entire road gets shut down for 500 meters in both directions and anyone who tries to breach the control zone is considered a possible assassin.

Where is that video of Gaddafi rolling around Tripoli, raising the ceiling.... Oh, here it is...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
this guy was insane....go read some of the hundreds of accounts of how he treated his own people....anyone defending this psychopath is naïve to say the least

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Want to see something interesting? Have sometime to kill? Did any of these people be it Saddam, gaddafi, Assad make any moves, make any plans or start speaking in manner about intentions pertaing to the use of the petro dollar? Actually on the list of countries we are involved in either directly, indirectly, sanctions, etc. Did any of them look to make any movement on the Petro dollar front? Iraq, Syria, Libya, our perceived enemies China, Russia, even sanctioned countries, Venezuela? Any actions related to the petro dollar?

Never mind, it's crazy we all know the real reasons for our countries actions, it's right there in any msm articles.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
this guy was insane....go read some of the hundreds of accounts of how he treated his own people....anyone defending this psychopath is naïve to say the least

Members have already posted numerous accounts of his actions towards his people? Try paying attention rather than spitting off your knee-jerk "Gaddafi is psychopath" hate bile. We backed a bunch of savages to remove him. Look how he died. You support that type of behavior? If so, I would say you are the psychopath.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join