It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Net Worth of Each Presidential Candidate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: FyreByrd

The powers given to the different branches of the government don't allow for 'profit-making' they allow for protecting and maintaining the public wealth (shared resources, income from taxes and tarrifs, and infrastruture) not selling it off to the highest bidder.

In the spirit of your response: Everything that big business does is designed to rape and pillage people and the environment for private greed. I'll take a slow and thoughtful public servant anyday to a - well meglomanic like Donald Trump or Cary Fiorna any day. Substance over flash any day.

When is the last time a politician actually did any of that, Captain Naivete?

High-level politicians are power hungry, calculating, manipulative scum bags. They have to be to reach the top.

Jimmy Carter.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

The powers given to the different branches of the government don't allow for 'profit-making' they allow for protecting and maintaining the public wealth (shared resources, income from taxes and tarrifs, and infrastruture) not selling it off to the highest bidder.

In the spirit of your response: Everything that big business does is designed to rape and pillage people and the environment for private greed. I'll take a slow and thoughtful public servant anyday to a - well meglomanic like Donald Trump or Cary Fiorna any day. Substance over flash any day.

When is the last time a politician actually did any of that, Captain Naivete?

High-level politicians are power hungry, calculating, manipulative scum bags. They have to be to reach the top.

Jimmy Carter.

The fact that you had to go that far back is telling and sad, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

The fact that you had to go that far back is telling and sad, isn't it?

Yes, but that is the last 'honest' man in the White House. I believe Bernie Sanders would be as well but less nieve (or however one spells it).

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I'm voting in a businessman for once instead of an idealist because those guys never work out.

And just how a 'businessment' is supposed to run a government? I've never understood the milarky about "running the goverment like a business". It's not what I'm looking for in a government or elected offical - I want people who think beyond the next quarter's bottom line. I want people running with the conviction that government's purpose is to continually make the country healthier, socially, economically.

Most 'sucessful' businessmen are sociopaths like the company's they direct (see "The Corporation") and I, for one don't want clinically insane people with their finger on the button.

Is trump the answer don't know, won't find out though pick your poison...Clinton or Bush.

Should the government run like a business worried about next quarters bottom line? 18 trillion debt, 127 trillion yes with a T in long term unfunded liabilities. I think it works out to each tax payer owing a staggering 1.1 million dollars to cover. So we definitely need to be doing something different.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join