It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Net Worth of Each Presidential Candidate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I found this interesting piece on the net worth of current presidential candidates. I'll list them from lowest net worth to highest.

I would prefer a principled 'citizen' President. But I do acknowlege that having one's own wealth is something of a protection against influence peddling and corruption.

It is sad that we have to choose the lessor evil in searching for candidates with integrity and that so many people enter policitcs at all levels for personal financial gain without any true convictions.

That said here's the list summary and more details can be found at:

247wallst.com...

12. Scott Walker
> Net worth: -$243,992 — $69,998

11. Marco Rubio
> Net worth: $57,018 — $829,999

10. Bernie Sanders
> Net worth: $110,014 — $550,999

9. Rand Paul
> Net worth: $683,036 — $2.0 million

8. Ted Cruz
> Net worth: $1.7 million — $4.5 million

7. Mike Huckabee
> Net worth: $7 million — $23 million

6. Ben Carson
> Net worth: $8.0 million — $19.6 million

5. John Kasich
> Net worth: $9 million – $22 million

4. Hillary Clinton
> Net worth: $15.3 million — $55 million

3. Jeb Bush
> Net worth: $19 million — $22 million

2. Carly Fiorina
> Net worth: $59 million

1. Donald Trump
> Net worth: $2.9 billion — $10 billion

For me accumulating excessive wealth (to me that would really be over a couple million) by an individual is a character flaw. I know it's often more about the force that massive wealth brings to the table rather then the actual money but either way it's an expression of greed and I don't want greedy people running anything.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Funny cause the guy who has the most is the only one talking about making America great again! Last time I checked Obama wasn't worth much prior to becoming the President and that has not worked out well for America! Perhaps your metrics for choosing a new President needs to be re calibrated!

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Fascinating!
Who knew Walker had so much debt.
Bernie was no surprise, he's always been modest.
The rest were about where I figured they would be. Huckabee has some serious bucks, though.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Lots of petty jealousy involved with "net worths".

Many failed souls judge money values over character and pride.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wait a minute!
Hillary said her and bill were broke....

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wait a minute!

And pigs might fly....

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Was it Washington who said that those who want to be president are not fit, and those who are fit do not want to be president? Paraphrased, of course.

The biggest stink that should be looked into, IMO, is how people get elected to congress who are not millionaires, and then a few years later they are filthy rich.

Why can we not connect the dots and bust some butts?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
NONE of this political debate matters.

We are ALL just as screwed after the election no matter who is selected.

The last real President we had was JFK, and we all know how well that worked out.

The selective ignorance to believe in a political 'solution' is what makes the "American Dream" work though.

But who does it work for?

Just keep your head to the grindstone and good things will come, right?

Oh yeah, and VOTE! Your vote matters.

I have a Unicorn for sale too!

Isn't she a beauty?
edit on 8 31 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm voting in a businessman for once instead of an idealist because those guys never work out.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

Funny cause the guy who has the most is the only one talking about making America great again!

I am sure all the candidates are saying many great things, but who has the money to get on tv? Here on the other side of the world all we hear about is Trump. The bias of media presentation is reflected in ones net worth, or maybe some large political advertising fee?

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
"In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of."

Confucius

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev

Funny cause the guy who has the most is the only one talking about making America great again!

I am sure all the candidates are saying many great things, but who has the money to get on tv? Here on the other side of the world all we hear about is Trump. The bias of media presentation is reflected in ones net worth, or maybe some large political advertising fee?
Im sure there is some financial influence but I think most of it is due to Trumps positions on key issue's. He is saying he will take action regarding things that are pissing people off!

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

If a candidate doesn't say that phrase, then that means they don't want to make America great? Why is that phrase even important? Shouldn't their policies and stated goals be more important? Yet you are hung up on one guys' rhetoric (that if other candidates started using, they'd be seen as copycats for doing so). You sound like an Obamabot talking about "Hope and Change"

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I'm voting in a businessman for once instead of an idealist because those guys never work out.

And just how a 'businessment' is supposed to run a government? I've never understood the milarky about "running the goverment like a business". It's not what I'm looking for in a government or elected offical - I want people who think beyond the next quarter's bottom line. I want people running with the conviction that government's purpose is to continually make the country healthier, socially, economically.

Most 'sucessful' businessmen are sociopaths like the company's they direct (see "The Corporation") and I, for one don't want clinically insane people with their finger on the button.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wait a minute!

yes she was, right after both of them left the white house due to the bill's legal fees connected to the impeachment proceedings while in office....but, keep beating that dead horse
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: kwakakev

Im sure there is some financial influence but I think most of it is due to Trumps positions on key issue's. He is saying he will take action regarding things that are pissing people off!

wow...he said that????.....(yawn)

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Hmmph. As if none of those snakes in suits are politicians.

Why is it that a politician (pick one) gets into office and lives on modest means becomes a millionaire within a few years? Why is this NEVER investigated?

I understand what you are looking for... how's that working out for ya?

At least a "businessman" will have experience with organization, streamlining services, efficiency (cant use that word in association with govt, unless you want to wind up wearing a straight jacket) etc etc.

I for one would prefer to see our govt run as if it were "for profit". We could cut our budget in half which would fuel our economy and allow for real growth and growth in the middle class again.

Currently there is nothing the govt does that cant be done more efficiently and less costly by the private sector. Perhaps we should outsource the whole of govt processes to american business.

Our federal govt does 3 things well: red tape, waste and blowing stuff up. Everything else is an absolute cluster funck.

Wait...that means that...everything the govt does...is...a...cluster funck.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

I understand what you are looking for... how's that working out for ya?

Wait...that means that...everything the govt does...is...a...cluster funck.

You have no idea of what I'm looking for.

And all those things are done at the behest of profiteers.

Government is a service. And I agree the 'revolving door' between 'government' service and industry is horrific.

Geernments job is to serve the people of this country not the interests of wealth though it often does.

The powers given to the different branches of the government don't allow for 'profit-making' they allow for protecting and maintaining the public wealth (shared resources, income from taxes and tarrifs, and infrastruture) not selling it off to the highest bidder.

In the spirit of your response: Everything that big business does is designed to rape and pillage people and the environment for private greed. I'll take a slow and thoughtful public servant anyday to a - well meglomanic like Donald Trump or Cary Fiorna any day. Substance over flash any day.
edit on 5-9-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

lol

so typical of trump to be in the billions! hahahha

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

The powers given to the different branches of the government don't allow for 'profit-making' they allow for protecting and maintaining the public wealth (shared resources, income from taxes and tarrifs, and infrastruture) not selling it off to the highest bidder.

In the spirit of your response: Everything that big business does is designed to rape and pillage people and the environment for private greed. I'll take a slow and thoughtful public servant anyday to a - well meglomanic like Donald Trump or Cary Fiorna any day. Substance over flash any day.

When is the last time a politician actually did any of that, Captain Naivete?

High-level politicians are power hungry, calculating, manipulative scum bags. They have to be to reach the top.
edit on 9/5/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join