It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: ‘Top Secret’ emails found on Clinton Server

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is breaking this hour...and developing.
This could be VERY bad news for Hillary Clinton.

WASHINGTON
As pressure builds on Hillary Clinton to explain her official use of personal email while serving as secretary of state, she faced new complications Tuesday. It was disclosed her top aides are being drawn into a burgeoning federal inquiry and that two emails on her private account have been classified as “Top Secret.”

The inspector general for the Intelligence Community notified senior members of Congress that two of four classified emails discovered on the server Clinton maintained at her New York home contained material deemed to be in one of the highest security classifications - more sensitive than previously known.

The notice came as the State Department inspector general’s office acknowledged that it is reviewing the use of “personal communications hardware and software” by Clinton’s former top aides after requests from Congress.

“We will follow the facts wherever they lead, to include former aides and associates, as appropriate,” said Douglas Welty, a spokesman for the State Department’s inspector general.

FULL ARTICLE:
www.mcclatchydc.com...

edit on 11-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Id like to believe they have something but the source seems kind of off. Lets give it a bit and a few more sources before we jump on this.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Fox evening news also just announced it as their top (Breaking) news story.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Washington Times also: www.washingtontimes.com...

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

McClatchy is well known and well respected news source and not given to hyperbole or deception. I've been a reader for years.

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   

This could be VERY bad news for Hillary Clinton.

If only I could believe that. The Clintons are practically coated with teflon.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
WASHINGTON TIMES:

Hillary Clinton emails contained ‘top secret’ material, watchdog confirms

Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s emails did in fact have “top secret” material, the government’s top spy watchdog confirmed Tuesday, forwarding the messages in question to members of Congress.

I. Charles McCullough III, the inspector general for the intelligence community, said he has concluded two of Mrs. Clinton’s emails met the standard of “top secret/SCI level,” while other messages are still being scrutinized to see how secret they should have been.

www.washingtontimes.com...

link   
THATS FANTASTIC !! Lets see how this gets *spun*. I'm in now, I'd rather the gop take on bernie

+12 more 
link   

She was incompetent and acted in a negligent manner. Hillary is unfit to "represent" the working class peasants like us.

+11 more 
link   
McClatchy is about as left-leaning as you can get in the MSM. Our paper is a McClatchy outlet. If they are reporting it, there is no other choice and no way to spin it at present.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

can't say im suprised by this revelation lol...im sure however that she will somehow weasle out of it since shes made a career out of lying and being a sneaky snake

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The question is, was it top secret at the time or classified afterwards? I sure hope it was the former.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
TIMELY AND FUNNY:

www.luggageonline.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
This all depends on what classification of "Top Secret" the documents are . And whether or not her "What does it matter?" will work again. This will be her defense. Deflect from the issue as much as possible. It will be spun into sounding insignificant.The part about it being classified emails will not matter. And of course , she will find something to lock those emails down.

Just figured out how. If those documents are classes in any way Class A-AAAA then anyone viewing them , reading them , even seeing them , have to have that Class Top Secret Clearance
edit on 11-8-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

According to the I.G. they are 'Top Secret/SCI' Level

SCI eligibility[edit]
Sensitive compartmented information (SCI) is a type of classified information controlled through formal systems established by the Director of National Intelligence. To access SCI, one must first have a favorable SSBI and be granted SCI eligibility. Because the SSBI is also used to grant collateral top secret eligibility, two are often granted together and written TS/SCI. Access to individual SCI control systems, compartments, and subcompartments may then be granted by the owner of that information. Note that additional investigation or adjudication may be required.

In general, military personnel and civilian employees (government and contractor) do not publish the individual compartments for which they are cleared. While this information is not classified, specific compartment listings may reveal sensitive information when correlated with an individual's résumé. Therefore, it is sufficient to declare that a candidate possesses a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: link added

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Clinton deleted more e-mails than she turned over. And, the process by which she decided which e-mails were entirely personal -- and, therefore, could be deleted -- remains relatively opaque. We know that these are the four criteria Clinton's office used to decide which e-mails to turn over: 1. Any e-mail sent to or received from an address including ".gov" was included. 2. The e-mail set was searched for the first and last name of 100 State Department employees and government officials. Any matches were reviewed. 3. All of the other e-mails were reviewed to evaluate the sender and recipient, in case of typos. 4. All of the e-mails were searched for specific terms, including "Libya" and "Benghazi." But, we don't know a) who led this process b) how many people were involved in it c) whether Clinton herself was involved in it or d) whether any one person actually read all of the e-mails. What we do know is that people on Clinton's payroll were in charge of deciding which e-mails to turn over to the State Department and which to permanently delete. And, let me emphasize again, that we are talking about 31,380 e-mails that will never, ever be seen again

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If those type of emails were found on a personal server of a low level employee, or one of us ordinary folk, they'd already be imprisoned.

Surely we can expect the same treatment for Hillary...

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"31,380 e-mails that will never, ever be seen again"

only if the person she sent them too deleted them as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have to believe she is 'cooked' after this.
The "I didn't know they were TOP SECRET at the time" excuse just won't wash.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join