It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD cops beats man with his hands up over a slice of pizza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
Poor little black man, he dindu nuffin.

About
Dindu Nuffin is a pejorative term that originated on /pol/ to mock and criticize black people during the numerous riots throughout 2014 and 2015.

Origin
The phrase “dindu nuffin” is derived from a bastardization of the phrase “didn’t do nothing”, a plea for innocence often used in reference to unarmed black men killed by police. One of the most famous instances of the usage of this phrase can be found in a comic. Detractors often use “dindu nuffins” to refer to sympathizers of the black community.

Spread
Including the Ferguson Protests, the phrase has been used in /pol/ and /b/ threads about Baltimore Riots, The Death of Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin’s death and other threads mocking black people.

knowyourmeme.com...

Guess this is allowed now on ATS. Sad.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement

About
Dindu Nuffin is a pejorative term that originated on /pol/ to mock and criticize black people during the numerous riots throughout 2014 and 2015.

Origin
The phrase “dindu nuffin” is derived from a bastardization of the phrase “didn’t do nothing”, a plea for innocence often used in reference to unarmed black men killed by police. One of the most famous instances of the usage of this phrase can be found in a comic. Detractors often use “dindu nuffins” to refer to sympathizers of the black community.

Spread
Including the Ferguson Protests, the phrase has been used in /pol/ and /b/ threads about Baltimore Riots, The Death of Eric Garner, Trayvon Martin’s death and other threads mocking black people.

knowyourmeme.com...

Guess this is allowed now on ATS. Sad.

Agreed. The moderator should remove the perpetrator's post for "thread drift", "race baiting" or any of the other myriad violations that could be had.

We have enough troubles out here to tolerate such nonsense.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We're always being told by certain individuals that compliance with lawful orders will prevent this sort of conduct. And yet this shows that even when complying, with hands up, you can still be subjected to a beating.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

This is sickening. What if I have my ccl and I see this right next to me, this man's life is in danger from a thug am I justified in shooting? Unfortunately we need something drastic because enough is enough.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer

originally posted by: Jaellma

originally posted by: abe froman
This is what happens when you rob a Mafia-run pizza shop in New York.

The problem for the cops is the accused is adamant he did NOT rob the pizza shop. The cops beat and arrested him based on allegations from the pizza shop employee.

And 99% of criminals ever arrested are adamant they did NOT commit a crime.

Being arrested does not make one a criminal

That is what a TRIAL is for or are you one of These Americans tha only care about the 1st and 2nd amendments and to hell with the rest?
edit on 24-7-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

We have an even bigger issue with criminals not being held accountable for their actions.

That's where the nonsense begins.

Half of everyone here is quick to jump to the defense of a hostile thug and believe everything, word for word, that said thug has to say. This video doesn't even have audio for us to know the exchange.

And there you have it, the same video each time. A black thug being abused by police after the fact that someone was assaulted, robbed, etc. Who's story would I believe? I'd say the shop owner, trying to make a living for himself, that just had a blade pulled out on him.
edit on 24-7-2015 by mikeone718 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pharyax

None of the cops are white, thankfully, so no race card will be pulled.

now, if those police officers were White.... MSM would be over it like pig in $hit!

OH boohoo... poor us!

Us white dudes should start are support group. Then call it, 'white blokes cop a way harder time'.

lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

I don't watch these videos...whether it's a a cop beating someone, a random person beating someone, or a any sort of shooting event. To me they are snuff films and wanton/gratuitous violence. Clicking on them and viewing them gives them more hits and more views and only sanctions the filming of more of these types of videos....thus perpetuating the cycle.

Violence is violence. I've been around too much of it for too long and I don't want to be desensitized to it in the least.

I do hope that the perpetrators of violence are punished, but if they're wearing a badge, the likelihood of that happening seems to be very low.

I'm pretty sure that cops don't care how many views their abuse videos have received. And if no one viewed them it wouldn't lessen abuse by cops. That being said, awareness and knowledge are how we learn and know what to change. If you want to stick your head in the sand thinking that will help stop the abuse, go ahead. But I really doubt it will help at all.

Besides, watching a video on violence is no different than reading posts on a forum about the abuse and commenting. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
No, they didn't beat him due to a $3 slice of pizza.

They likely beat him because of a belligerent attitude towards police.

There's always another side to the story. Police don't go round beating people up because they're $1 short for paying for something.

If he DID pull a knife and threaten the store employees and other customers, then yes, it would classify as armed robbery, no matter how small the amount.

If he couldn't afford the pizza (likely prices were advertised) then he shouldn't be trying to order from there in the first place.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

We have an even bigger issue with criminals not being held accountable for their actions.

That's where the nonsense begins.

Half of everyone here is quick to jump to the defense of a hostile thug and believe everything, word for word, that said thug has to say. This video doesn't even have audio for us to know the exchange.

And there you have it, the same video each time. A black thug being abused by police after the fact that someone was assaulted, robbed, etc. Who's story would I believe? I'd say the shop owner, trying to make a living for himself, that just had a blade pulled out on him.

Exactly. In many of these cases, everyone goes after the cops but no one questions the criminal actions of many of the people that get caught up in stuff like this.

If you're just going about your everyday, law abiding business, you'll NEVER have issues with the police, no matter your age, race, or sexual orientation.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

It shouldn't matter if he committed armed robbery or even mass murder... its a matter of professionalism and self control.

If the guy wasn't resisting (which he clearly wasn't), then it's totally inappropriate and uncalled for to go running in there punching the suspect like some feral thug.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

I think you left your sense of humor in your other kilt.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
No, they didn't beat him due to a $3 slice of pizza.

There's always another side to the story. Police don't go round beating people up because they're $1 short for paying for something.

If he DID pull a knife and threaten the store employees and other customers, then yes, it would classify as armed robbery, no matter how small the amount.

If he couldn't afford the pizza (likely prices were advertised) then he shouldn't be trying to order from there in the first place.

I see a lot of words, and an argument based on 'IF's, but none of what you said justifies what happened in the video.

Do you even know what belligerent means? It means hostile and aggressive, like the police in this video. You see, the second cop escalated it as soon as he was on the scene. He didn't wait to find out anything off the original cop, and the suspect didn't even have time to come across as belligerent to the pig who escalated it.
edit on 26-7-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join