It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD cops beats man with his hands up over a slice of pizza

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
A Brooklyn, NY man was brutally beaten by NYC cops while standing at a counter in a grocery store. 24 year old Thomas Jennings was at the grocery store and cops tracked him down from a recent pizza store robbery where it was alleged that two men got into an altercation with a pizza store employee. The complaint alleged the two men said they weren't going to pay for the pizza, one brandished a switchblade and then the 2 men took off with the pizza and some salt shakers.

Jennings, however, had a different story. He said he was $1 short for the $3 pizza, so he stepped outside to borrow a dollar from someone to cover the tab.

Despite what occurred, it is apparent from the video the 2 cops used excessive force in restraining Jennings, who had both hands up, was complying but the cops proceeded to punch and hit him with their baton.

NYPD cops beats man over a $3 slice of pizza

The Young Turks cover the video on YouTube...

edit on 23-7-2015 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

Way over the top response from the second cop, sickening. The way the first cop on the scene starts digging in his baton for no reason other than his jumped up mate got him hyped is just as bad.

Sorry just had to throw a non-TYT video on here, I can't stand that show.
edit on 23-7-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Goddamn! That was a bit of an over reaction... to say the least.

I bet that second copper copped a mouthful from his wife that morning, then rocked up to work all pumped up and ready to take it out on some petty criminal.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Sorry just had to throw a non-TYT video on here, I can't stand that show.

Feel the same way, and I can't really explain it. The gal just irritates the crap out of me, though I think she's pretty, well spoken and bright. She just seems, wrong in the role.

Anyway, yeah, not looking good for the cop. You don't come in and just start punching someone. You have to realize if you do, any normal person is going to try to protect their body. I'm fine with baton strikes to the body for compliance in certain situations, but not in this one.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah, and the first cop ramming the baton end into his back repeatedly, WTH.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This is what happens when you rob a Mafia-run pizza shop in New York.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

The problem for the cops is the accused is adamant he did NOT rob the pizza shop. The cops beat and arrested him based on allegations from the pizza shop employee.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I think you'll find that's what normally happens in situations like this. There's an allegation from someone against someone else. The police act on it. The suspect gets arrested and is quite often adamant that they didn't commit whatever offence was alleged.

That's just the way it is, although normally without the beating up bit.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Is the Government pushing for a race war? Something very strange going on at the moment.

(post by mikeone718 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
How dare these criminals steal food,food is only for people who can afford to eat,if your job does not pay enough for you and your family to eat you deserve to starve.......get back in your hole....

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Wow. Totally insane. What were the cops thinking? Brutal.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikeone718
Poor little black man, he dindu nuffin.

None of the cops are white, thankfully, so no race card will be pulled.

Which means it won't be on any MSM news channels... now, if those police officers were White.... MSM would be over it like pig in $hit!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jaellma

The problem for the cops is the accused is adamant he did NOT rob the pizza shop. The cops beat and arrested him based on allegations from the pizza shop employee.

And 99% of criminals ever arrested are adamant they did NOT commit a crime.
edit on 24-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I don't watch these videos...whether it's a a cop beating someone, a random person beating someone, or a any sort of shooting event. To me they are snuff films and wanton/gratuitous violence. Clicking on them and viewing them gives them more hits and more views and only sanctions the filming of more of these types of videos....thus perpetuating the cycle.

Violence is violence. I've been around too much of it for too long and I don't want to be desensitized to it in the least.

I do hope that the perpetrators of violence are punished, but if they're wearing a badge, the likelihood of that happening seems to be very low.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I was OK with the first cop (to an extent), although he entered the scene already pretty worked up (baton in hand).

But the second cop coming running into the scene with fists flying... really? Really?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
And here we go again, plenty of ignorant fools claiming all kinds of excuses for the way a police officer treats someone.

Listen up and listen good.

ALL citizens are innocent until proven guilty by a court.
No cop has any authority to assert the guilt of anyone.
No police officer is to treat anyone they encounter with any less care or respect because of their own perceptions about that person.
No police officer can justify using force against someone they are detaining, unless that person is using force to resist arrest or threatening the safety of themselves or others. Even when that is the case, APPROPRIATE force must be used.

The level of complete ignorance from so many Americans over these constant examples of clear police brutality is shocking in itself.
Anyone who claims this is excusable is either a racist or an ignorant fool in need of some kind of therapy.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: charolais
I was OK with the first cop (to an extent), although he entered the scene already pretty worked up (baton in hand).

But the second cop coming running into the scene with fists flying... really? Really?

It would be interesting to see how many of that guys colleagues made no report about the clear police brutality they just witnessed.

If a police officer fails to report a colleague they know has broken the law, they are themselves complicit. At the very least, the first officer should be fired for failing to report a crime committed by his own damn colleague.

This is the problem with policing and the claim that it's just "some bad apples". Unfortunately it's not just "some" bad apples, it's an entire criminal organization which regularly covers up its own crimes, fails to act against its own criminal members, harbors criminals and allows them to continue to abuse people...

Just wait and see what the police union says about this clear abuse. I'll bet they'll be defending him, and probably threatening the city in the process unless it's dropped.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

You probably should read linked articles in threads before posting. Besides, if it were a "mafia-run pizza shop" instead of a fried chicken joint that apparently sells pizza too, the police would be responding to something completely different

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Heh,looks like a case of Roid Rage..Smfh no excuse for that crap,at least He's lucky He wasn't gunned down..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join