It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Turkish Army Just Crossed Into Syria In Clashes With ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
ISIS is not going to spark WW3, regardless of who gets involved - too many moslems think they are nutjobs for starters!!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Turkey, like the US in Afghanistan, is learning the meaning of the old adage:

You lie down with dogs you come up with fleas

You can’t control these religious beasts…they are like Nazis.

The US thought they could use them for strategic reasons and ended up creating Al Qaeda

The Turks and the Gulf states created this Frankenstein, ISIS, to destroy Syria and now ISIS may destroy the entire Mideast.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: IamInfinity

I think that door swings both ways....ISIS hasn't really made push towards Turkey as well....Doesn't take a genius to figure out they have had an unspoken agreement for a while now.

and ISIS hasn't really made push towards Israel , so what does that mean ?

Not sure, but I think it means they are not quite *that* suicidal. If they launch an attack on Israel, it won't be like Iraq and some other areas who simply stood by and let them have their way. It will be engaging a REAL army who will destroy them post haste.

Another thought: Israel will be their trump card -- what they believe will be the key to getting the U.S. to put boots on the ground, which is what they say they want. What they think they want. ( It would probably send most of them running home crying to mama.)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

originally posted by: MrSpad
Turkey has no love for ISIS but, it also does not see them as a real threat. Turkey sees Assad as the main threat in Syria and once dealt with cleaning out ISIS. Joint Syrian military (with a new ruler) combined with the rebels and Kurds backed by Turkey and the West in Turkeys eyes means a quick end to ISIS. This is why you see Turkey slow to respond to ISIS. Also they do not love the idea of the Kurds beiing a well armed group after decades of the being a terrorist group operation against Turkey.

To the US, taking out ISIS first means that the weakened Assad regimes Syrian forces would likely come over to the rebels and end the war that way.

To Assad, getting rid of the rebels is top priority which is why on occasion you will Assads bombers hitting rebel positions being attacked by ISIS. Not because Assad has any love for ISIS, he just thinks if all the moderate rebels are destroyed the West will have to choice but, to back him against ISIS.

Most of what you wrote is correct of course .

There is a one new development as of today ; ISIS is also a declared first class threat to Security of Turkish Republic .

This means that the Incirlik will come into play full time soon enough .

While I think the Turks will get more aggressive with ISIS I expect they will keep Assad as the priority. And I still think they will hesitant with Kurds getting to powerful. ISIS will get more attention from the Turks but, they will still see ISIS as easier to deal with once Assad is gone.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Someone still has to take Mosul from ISIS.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE

originally posted by: GuidedKill
a reply to: IamInfinity

I think that door swings both ways....ISIS hasn't really made push towards Turkey as well....Doesn't take a genius to figure out they have had an unspoken agreement for a while now.

and ISIS hasn't really made push towards Israel , so what does that mean ?

ISIS is fighting multiple conflicts and Assad Regiment is south near Israel borders. How the fk can they start pushing Assad again when they are too busy fighting Kurds North and Iraqi forces.

en.wikipedia.org...

If Assad forces is still alive it is obvious they can't invade Israel.

edit on 24-7-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

The Kurds with proper equipment could take Mosul back in 90 days or less. Only problem is once you arm them they will won't stop at defeating ISIS. The Kurds are looking to establish a Kurdish State and will in turn use the weapons to fight everyone who disagrees. Tough decisions to be made for sure.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So apparently Turkey is bombing the Kurds as well, so as to create a "safe zone"?

www.reuters.com...

This is insane, they're only creating more problems.The Kurds have been the only effective ground force holding the line against ISIS, and now it looks like Turkey is holding personal grudges above the greater threat that ISIS represents. I can't put into words just how angry this makes me.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I didn't expect them to do otherwise, moreover, i'm rather surprised that they are bombing ISIS.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I know they hate the Kurds, but I just don't see the sense in it. How does it benefit Turkey? Sure, they take the PKK down a notch, what does that get them? There are Kurds in places other than Iraq. It would succeed in drawing the ire of otherwise friendly nations, would it not?

Then again, politics are what they are. I believe that while the PKK is still classified as a terrorist organization here in Canada, we do currently have have our special forces working with them on the ground as "advisers". Our "conservative" PM likely has no comment on the matter; but how is this going to be percieved in other NATO and allied nations?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orwells Ghost
So apparently Turkey is bombing the Kurds as well, so as to create a "safe zone"?

www.reuters.com...

This is insane, they're only creating more problems.The Kurds have been the only effective ground force holding the line against ISIS, and now it looks like Turkey is holding personal grudges above the greater threat that ISIS represents. I can't put into words just how angry this makes me.

To the Turks ISIS is not much of a threat. The Turkish military is large and powerful and it rare for the Turkish people themselves to join radical groups. And with so many enemy the Turks know that ISIS is doomed in the long term. The Kurds, the PKK In particular makes claims on Turkish territory. The biggest fear for the Turks is the Kurds who are unified to deal with the common threat of ISIS will remain so after instead going back to fighting each other. So to the the Turks ISIS is a short term minor threat but, the Kurds are a potential greater long threat.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So Turkey is now engaging the Kurds who U.S. special forces work with daily? Dumb move on their part. Its time to remove that idiot Obama cause he will not help anyone with normal Morals in this war.

Turkey needs to be Nuked for supporting ISIS, the radiation will provide the same buffer that their military used to provide against any Russian invasion before lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
so... after an armenian genocide now an kurdisch genocide....
mr Erdogan has pointed it out very well !
let the NATO do the job.....(nato Always accepted the turkisch killing the kurd's in silence)

bet the kurdisch are now joining IS they HAVE to do it now beeing attacked by the turkisch as well
an plain win/win option for Erdogan

wat an waist of lives for just an natural gas pipeline from Qatar to europe trough syria....
couse thats is all about.... assad diddend allowed it...
ounce the pipeline is there...Russia is ruled out and Turkey has the key for europe....!...open ore close the gas delverance hihi

edit on 25-7-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-7-2015 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is really easy to decipher: The enemy of my enemy, is the enemy of the friend of my enemy, who is my friend and enemy of that enemy, but not the friend of that enemy, who I think is my friend.

This whole thing is ridiculous!

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
So Turkey is now engaging the Kurds who U.S. special forces work with daily?

U.S worked with Turks for almost 60 years and Kurds are just pawns .

Dumb move on their part.
Really ? How much do you understand about alliances , politics and diplomacy ? Not much obviously .

Its time to remove that idiot Obama cause he will not help anyone with normal Morals in this war.

Ahh , now it's clear where you are coming from . Say no more .

Turkey needs to be Nuked for supporting ISIS, the radiation will provide the same buffer that their military used to provide against any Russian invasion before lol.

You have just advocated killing of innocents in millions by nuking them . Turks don't support ISIS . Turks support the Free Syrian Army . There is a difference but you wouldn't obviously know any damn thing about it .

Btw , the Kurdish Barzani is also supporting these Turkish strikes on PKK terrorist organisation .

meeh , what am I trying to do here ? You are obviously clueless and trigger happy with a penchant for killing the innocent .

For future reference ; Beheadings , Suicide bombings , bus bombs , killing babies ..... PKK Kurds have been doing all of that for a looong time too . You wouldn't know any of that , would you ?

For advocating the killing of millions , including me , you can bugger off .
You are offending me by asking for me to be killed by a nuke .

edit on 25-7-2015 by 23432 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
For the uninitiated on this thread :

Turks don't support ISIS and they never did . Despite what you heard in MSM , the Turks are a secular nation with a democracy.

Turks are also not Arabs either .

Turks have had Kurdish Presidents & Prime ministers . Heck , out of 500 + MP's in the parliament of Turks , Kurds are about 200 .

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 23432

What's the uninitiated mean?

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: 23432

What's the uninitiated mean?

uninitiated (ˌʌnɪˈnɪʃɪeɪtɪd)
adj
a. not having gained knowledge or experience of a particular subject or activity

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Turkey will invade Syria within the next week to two weeks. They are pouring troops and hardware onto the border with Syria very quickly. Turkey will in effect be fighting two wars. One against Syrian-Kurds who they believe are apart of terrorist organisations recognised by Ankara and ISIS. My family lives in towns near the border with Syria and last time I visited them they were concerned about ISIS making a move into Turkey. The terrorist attack which took place last week was essentially the final straw and further attacks this week by ISIS on Turkish soldiers. I have family who have served and are currently serving in the Turkish Armed Forces. ISIS need to be degraded, destroyed and wiped out. I am confident that Turkey will make sure it happens.
edit on 25-7-2015 by AnonymousTM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

edit on 25-7-2015 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join