It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Turkish Army Just Crossed Into Syria In Clashes With ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Not sure what to make of this yet.

BREAKING: Turkish army just crossed into Syria in clashes with ISIS

Link

It looks like things are going as planned.I found this article from 06-28-15

Turkey Plans to Invade Syria, But to Stop the Kurds, Not ISIS

Link

Kobani: anger grows as Turkey stops Kurds from aiding militias in Syria: Wednesday 8 October 2014 12.21 EDT

The sense of betrayal is palpable. The Kurds on Turkey’s southern border with Syria are embittered as the tragedy of Kobani unfolds before their eyes on the other side of a wire fence.

In Syria, Kurdish fighters of the YPG militias are beleaguered. They were unaided, apart from the pin pricks of occasional western air strikes, until Tuesday when the US-led allies started to bomb Islamic State positions during the day, slowing their advance.

Many now fear that without a more substantial ground offensive, YPG forces will be unable to prevent the fall of Kobani.

The forces might be in the terminal stages of failing to prevent a massacre, but Ankara refuses to allow Kurdish fighters to cross into Syria to relieve the neighbouring city.

As Turkish troops and tanks stand guard at the border, many Kurds are desperate and angry, assaulted by Turkish teargas, water cannon, and police violence.

“Isis are inhuman, they are the terrorists. The YPG is fighting not only for the Kurds and their land, but for all of humanity,” said Nesrattin from Siirt. “We’re protecting Turkey, too. Why can’t they see that? We are Turkey’s friends.”

He is surrounded by a throng of other Kurds from Siirt who have come to the border “to make sure that Turkey does not support Isis”.

Link

It does not look like Turkish troops will stand around anymore.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

Honestly, I feel like Turkey has been pretty ISIS "friendly" throughout this whole thing. Turning a blind eye to a "rebel group" that has no regard for human life, especially children and women, is mind blowing to me. An ISIS commander even stated most of their personnel and weaponry came from Turkey.

edit on 23-7-2015 by IamInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: IamInfinity

I think that door swings both ways....ISIS hasn't really made push towards Turkey as well....Doesn't take a genius to figure out they have had an unspoken agreement for a while now.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Wait, doesnt the Turks need to wait for two more months? Seems everyone can do what the hell they want nowadays, how about Obama claiming he is the supreme ruler of the Universe.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Artillery firing into Syria. Check.
4 Tanks cross into Syria firing. Check.
F16's deployed. Check.
CNNTürk says firing stopped yet still firing. Check

Nato? Nada...

Twitter #turkey

edit on 23-7-2015 by oletimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamInfinity
a reply to: Digital_Reality

Honestly, I feel like Turkey has been pretty ISIS "friendly" throughout this whole thing. Turning a blind eye to a "rebel group" that has no regard for human life, especially children and women, is mind blowing to me. An ISIS commander even stated most of their personnel and weaponry came from Turkey.

Its an ugly situation no doubt. ISIS will not last long even as a puppet. People are growing very tired of their sideshows and atrocities. Releasing a beast like ISIS endangers everybody on the planet.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This is getting quite confusing now.if the turks are turning a blind eye to isis, shouldn't the west be doing something about it or am I just being naive?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: oletimer
Artillery firing into Syria. Check.
4 Tanks cross into Syria firing. Check.
F16's deployed. Check.
CNNTürk says firing stopped yet still firing. Check

Nato? Nada...

Twitter #turkey

Turkish army engages in first gunfight with #ISIS after soldier killed on border

#Turkey's military says five ISIS militants fired on its border positions, killing one officer and wounding two soldiers; 1 jihadist killed.

It looks like it got started with a soldier getting killed on the border.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Turkey unveils plan to build concrete wall with spy ZEPPELINS, watch towers and moats along its a 560-mile border with Syria after deadly ISIS bombing in Suruc

link

Whatever relationship they had is officially over. They are going to build a wall with moats, watch towers and spy Zeppelins.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is called cheating in my book, so whats the punishment?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Kobani population : 200.000

180.000 Kobani residents currently in Turkish lands , as refugees .

Since the beginning of killings in Syria , Turks have been asking the USA for a joint operation to get rid of ISIS & Esad regime at the same time .

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

I think that door swings both ways....ISIS hasn't really made push towards Turkey as well....Doesn't take a genius to figure out they have had an unspoken agreement for a while now.

and ISIS hasn't really made push towards Israel , so what does that mean ?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lukied
This is getting quite confusing now.if the turks are turning a blind eye to isis, shouldn't the west be doing something about it or am I just being naive?

I don't see ISIS as the West's problem, (and especially the US). Its a Religious Civil war between ISIS, Sunni Moslems, and Iran and its puppets like Iraq who are Shia.

What's interesting, is that Turkey is 90% Sunni. ISIS may see an opportunity there. If they could add Turkey to the Caliphate........they and their murderous horde would have a border with.....Bulgaria and Greece!

Now, that's one helluva big Caliphate!

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Turkey has no love for ISIS but, it also does not see them as a real threat. Turkey sees Assad as the main threat in Syria and once dealt with cleaning out ISIS. Joint Syrian military (with a new ruler) combined with the rebels and Kurds backed by Turkey and the West in Turkeys eyes means a quick end to ISIS. This is why you see Turkey slow to respond to ISIS. Also they do not love the idea of the Kurds beiing a well armed group after decades of the being a terrorist group operation against Turkey.

To the US, taking out ISIS first means that the weakened Assad regimes Syrian forces would likely come over to the rebels and end the war that way.

To Assad, getting rid of the rebels is top priority which is why on occasion you will Assads bombers hitting rebel positions being attacked by ISIS. Not because Assad has any love for ISIS, he just thinks if all the moderate rebels are destroyed the West will have to choice but, to back him against ISIS.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Yes, extra butter please!

Sorry, just yelling at my wife regarding the popcorn order.

Popcorn's on the way!

Amazon said the drone with the pony keg will be here in an hour.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: 23432

Since the beginning of killings in Syria , Turks have been asking the USA for a joint operation to get rid of ISIS & Esad regime at the same time .

This is how I understand the situation as well.We don't want to send troops to Syria so no real coordination with Turkey.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

IMO it means they would like to establish a larger caliphate and recruit more idiots before they take on the only Zionist regime in the region. I don't think they would push towards Israel until and if they get more troops. ISIS is still only a rag tag army and in no position to take on Israel...yet.

I for one can't wait to see ISIS wiped off the face of the earth...I really don't care by who. Turkey, Kurds, Israel, Saudis don't matter who just get it done.

edit on 23-7-2015 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: 23432

This is how I understand the situation as well.We don't want to send troops to Syria so no real coordination with Turkey.

Turks don't want to turn their longest border into a new Pakistan - Afghanistan border ; no one needs that .

USA troops are not needed in Syria ; What is needed is to have US declare a no fly zone . The rest can be sorted out by Syrian Opposition .

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Turkey has no love for ISIS but, it also does not see them as a real threat. Turkey sees Assad as the main threat in Syria and once dealt with cleaning out ISIS. Joint Syrian military (with a new ruler) combined with the rebels and Kurds backed by Turkey and the West in Turkeys eyes means a quick end to ISIS. This is why you see Turkey slow to respond to ISIS. Also they do not love the idea of the Kurds beiing a well armed group after decades of the being a terrorist group operation against Turkey.

To the US, taking out ISIS first means that the weakened Assad regimes Syrian forces would likely come over to the rebels and end the war that way.

To Assad, getting rid of the rebels is top priority which is why on occasion you will Assads bombers hitting rebel positions being attacked by ISIS. Not because Assad has any love for ISIS, he just thinks if all the moderate rebels are destroyed the West will have to choice but, to back him against ISIS.

Most of what you wrote is correct of course .

There is a one new development as of today ; ISIS is also a declared first class threat to Security of Turkish Republic .

This means that the Incirlik will come into play full time soon enough .

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

ISIS wants to establish their caliphate in turkey so this is probably what they want.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join