It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly Cops Didn’t Know they were On Camera as a Dozen of them Tore Into One Unarmed Man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Yay.
Now the City of Brotherly Love can burn.

It'd be for the best.
edit on 9-7-2015 by MoreBeer because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreBeer
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Posting in AlienJuggalo's daily jump to conclusion, police demonization thread.

I dont demonize police.. They do it to themselves.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A lot of this stems from the times people live in. They are against authority, period. In some cases it is difficult not to agree with them. In some cases , though , it is a matter of I am not going to let someone tell me what to do or not to do. Back in my time a lot of us believed the same way. However , we had peaceful protests. Thats what it is all about, The manner in which your disdain for some of these acts are displayed.Do I need to refresh people's memories of great people around the world that changed this world for the better with a non-violent approach ?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
Humans tend to struggle when they getting beat on.
It's really impossible to give up all human defense instinct and "comply" while multiple people are beating you and you are on the ground, practically helpless.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
Humans tend to struggle when they getting beat on.
It's really impossible to give up all human defense instinct and "comply" while multiple people are beating you and you are on the ground, practically helpless.

If you are on the ground "practically helpless" would that not be a reason to stop struggling and attempting to get away ?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
A person has he right to not be a victim of police brutality. The law does not protect an officer breaking the law nor should a person have to except it.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A question for everyone.
If you were potus and you were made aware of the brutality we keep seeing in these vids, would you do something about it? After all, you are the man at the top!

So why doesn't he?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Everyone says when the police tell you to stop resisting - stop resisting. But ANY movement on your part is resisting according to the police. Suppose you do stop resisting, and they punch you in the head a few more times. Instinct makes you try to block the punches or flinch and move away from them. That is simple self preservation. But to the cops, that is more resistance, meaning they need to hit you harder. It is damn near impossible to just sit there motionless while someone beats the crap out of you. And if you try to block or defend, heaven forbid, you will get tazed - if you are lucky.

At some point there is going to have to be some common sense applied to these situations and cops are going to have to start getting fired and charged for this. I don't care what happened prior to the beating. These guys are supposed to be professionals who are trained in how to handle the situation and the adrenaline. And if they can use the adrenaline rush as an excuse, so can the victims.

This is really getting out of control. It has to stop.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
A question for everyone.
If you were potus and you were made aware of the brutality we keep seeing in these vids, would you do something about it? After all, you are the man at the top!

So why doesn't he?

That's the 64K dollar question. It's because the top doesn't need to care, at least for now. Only the people can make a change although difficult to do.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Will hold judgement on this as well. I dont know why the police were involved in the beginning .What I apparently do see is the person struggling against the police till the end. Even Rodney King admitted he should have been more compliant during the arrest.

It's hard NOT to struggle when you're being assaulted. Natural human reaction is tensing up and protecting oneself when kicked and beaten, which is (IMO often and erroneously) called "resisting" by the police. True, it appears he *did* resist at first, but as in the OP it appears there's no reason for those cops who showed up to just jump in on the assault.

That said, vertical video will be the death of me. HORIZONTAL VIDEO PEOPLE!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Nothing was ignorant about it, not even close to many I've seen.
It's so pathetic and humorous at the same time.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

A question for everyone.

So why doesn't he?

That's a very big fundamental question, all the states have their own laws, then there is the territory of the federal law. So it's state law versus federal law, and if the POTUS wanted to make federal law the law of the land, there'd probably be the big shout about an oppressive federal government making another wedge into peoples freedom towards 1984 style government, while it's bad enough already, (and it is) from the states, and from the people. The POTUS has his hands tied in many respects. Some state laws are whacko, just as some county laws are whacko when they need a few bob, like changing speed limits on a regular basis for a money spinner, police are responsible to enforce that. A policeman shoots another policeman in the head and kills him while they are shooting at a suspect...suspect gets a murder charge for that killing..that's plain crazy, someone else's carelessness, even promotes carelessness. Come to think of it, whoever thought up that law...should be shot.

The only thing as I see it, is that the states should be bound to work with the federal government to make a common law that's the same in every state when it comes to policing, that's all about any President can suggest...
But seriously, too many people are getting hurt, while the lawyers get rich with ridiculous portfolios.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well you're half right and it isn't this part that you were right
about.

The moral: Police are to protect someone in custody

The deputies will use ploys to get people beat down by
other inmates. And that's just county. COs are worse up
state I'm sure. Without ever get'n that far myself.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

and if the POTUS wanted to make federal law the law of the land, there'd probably be the big shout about an oppressive federal government making another wedge into peoples freedom towards 1984 style government

Not probably , would be . That would be a direct violation of the Constitution .

The POTUS has his hands tied in many respects

Again , the Constitution makes that a reality. In fact , in many respects.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

A question for everyone.

So why doesn't he?

That's a very big fundamental question, all the states have their own laws, then there is the territory of the federal law. So it's state law versus federal law, and if the POTUS wanted to make federal law the law of the land, there'd probably be the big shout about an oppressive federal government making another wedge into peoples freedom towards 1984 style government, while it's bad enough already, (and it is) from the states, and from the people. The POTUS has his hands tied in many respects. Some state laws are whacko, just as some county laws are whacko when they need a few bob, like changing speed limits on a regular basis for a money spinner, police are responsible to enforce that. A policeman shoots another policeman in the head and kills him while they are shooting at a suspect...suspect gets a murder charge for that killing..that's plain crazy, someone else's carelessness, even promotes carelessness. Come to think of it, whoever thought up that law...should be shot.

The only thing as I see it, is that the states should be bound to work with the federal government to make a common law that's the same in every state when it comes to policing, that's all about any President can suggest...
But seriously, too many people are getting hurt, while the lawyers get rich with ridiculous portfolios.

I keep forgetting its not like the uk, where one law fits all

However, what about governers? Everytime the cops behave brutaly people should post that states governers face alongside the report.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Only a thug would behave that way and only a gang of thugs would allow others to behave that way. When the thugs are carrying badges, tazers and guns, they are far more dangerous than the kind of thugs who have no official authority.
I don't care what happened prior to the start of the video---this is the behavior of barbarians, pure and simple. Every last one of them should be spending time in the crossbar hotel for felony assault.

ETA: For those using the "resisting" excuse---take a good look---they're kicking and punching him so hard that his body is literally being moved from one side to the other so how can anyone tell if he is "resisting" when he's being pummeled on all sides. I'd really like to see anyone who is promoting lying still and not moving actually attempt to do that while being brutally beaten by multiple people. The human body has basic survival instincts that compel movement to get away from the threat.
edit on 9-7-2015 by diggindirt because: clarity

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

police quickly escalated the situation and Carroll found himself in a struggle with three armed attackers.

And this is exactly what a lot of ignorant cops and even average American citizens don't understand. When you're being brutally attacked all the victim thinks about is survival, uniform is irrelevant, every Human has a right to self defense and no damn uniform changes that. Anyone attacked in this way has a damn right to defend themselves against that attack no matter what they choose to use to do it.

If I was that guy, I would have grabbed the nearest weapon I could find to defend myself against this pack of animals, no victim of police brutality should ever face any prosecution for defending their own life.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

and if the POTUS wanted to make federal law the law of the land, there'd probably be the big shout about an oppressive federal government making another wedge into peoples freedom towards 1984 style government

Not probably , would be . That would be a direct violation of the Constitution .

The POTUS has his hands tied in many respects

Again , the Constitution makes that a reality. In fact , in many respects.

I know, but the other reality is in the proverb, you can't always get your cake and eat it, Abigail Adams knew that even as the American constitution was being written in part by her husband,

In 1776, Abigail Adams wrote to her husband, John Adams, who was one of the men writing the Constitution, to ask him "in the new Code of Laws which I suppose it will be necessary for you to make I desire you would Remember the Ladies, and be more generous and favorable to them than your ancestors. Do not put such unlimited power into the hands of the husbands. Remember all men would be tyrants if they could. If particular care and attention is not paid to the ladies, we are determined to foment a rebellion, and will not hold ourselves bound by any laws in which we have no voice or representation."

But even though John Adams loved his wife very much and asked her for advice all the time, he answered, " As to your extraordinary Code of Laws, I cannot but laugh...We know better than to repeal our masculine systems," and he did not include any rights for women in the Constitution.

Thing is, no woman was included in the writing of the constitution, while they may well have had some good influence on their frankly, rich husbands while they had no rights given for themselves. Makes you think then, that the constitution is a 'bit' outdated then?

edit on 9-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

When you're being brutally attacked all the victim thinks about is survival, uniform is irrelevant, every Human has a right to self defense and no damn uniform changes that

Very good point. Many people do not want think about it in these terms.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Will hold judgement on this as well. I dont know why the police were involved in the beginning .What I apparently do see is the person struggling against the police till the end. Even Rodney King admitted he should have been more compliant during the arrest.

I didn't even see your comment before I responded with my last one, but your attitude is exactly what I'm talking about.

A police officer has no right to treat anyone like that, not even someone they suspect of murder. Their job is to treat everyone with the same rights and dignity as a CITIZEN, innocent until proven guilty by a COURT.

Until America realizes that cops are there solely to prevent crime, catch those suspected of committing a crime, and deliver those people to the justice system in complete safety, nothing will ever change with your out of control policing.

It comes down to this - everyone is innocent until a court finds them guilty, no cop should ever have the attitude that treating anyone like this is even remotely acceptable. Every officer involved in an incident like this needs to be fired immediately.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join