It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philly Cops Didn’t Know they were On Camera as a Dozen of them Tore Into One Unarmed Man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This video is pretty brutal, it starts out with 3 cops beating an unarmed 22 year old and more cops just kept showing up and instead of stopping the brutality they just jumped right in .

The guy can be heard saying hes sorry and yelling for his grandmother as a dozen cops just effing pummel him..

Im sure some will say well what happened before they started recording, well I dont know but neither did the other 8 cops that showed up and started beating and tasing this unarmed man.

There is absolutely no excuse for this, please let these guys go to jail.

East Germantown, PA — Multiple Philadelphia cops are under investigation after a video surfaced this week that shows at least a dozen of them waylaying a man lying facedown in the street.

Tyree Carroll, 22, was stopped in April by three Philly Cops. According to his family, Carroll was riding down the street on his bicycle the wrong way, and this prompted the police to stop him. His family also said that at a preliminary hearing one of the officers testified that he stopped Carroll because he just spoke with two men, and they suspected him of buying drugs.

The video picks up after Carroll was allegedly complying with officers to stop and get off of his bicycle. However, according to Jasmyne Cannick, an LA-based blogger, police quickly escalated the situation and Carroll found himself in a struggle with three armed attackers.

link

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Will hold judgement on this as well. I dont know why the police were involved in the beginning .What I apparently do see is the person struggling against the police till the end. Even Rodney King admitted he should have been more compliant during the arrest.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Will hold judgement on this as well. I dont know why the police were involved in the beginning .What I apparently do see is the person struggling against the police till the end. Even Rodney King admitted he should have been more compliant during the arrest.

I would struggle too if the only reason they had to stop me was they saw me talking to 2 guys, so they thought I was buying drugs.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Ridiculous, they need to be prosecuted and fired from their jobs.

I can't blame the guy for resisting arrest, he probably thought he was going to lose his life there and just wanted to get away.

Ghost
edit on 9-7-2015 by ghostrager because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

I would struggle too if the only reason they had to stop me was they saw me talking to 2 guys, so they thought I was buying drugs.

That would be foolish. If you are in the right , dont press the issue.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

That would be foolish. If you are in the right , dont press the issue.

Might be, probably would be, but I would still be like F you I didnt do anything.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
No . I was actually locked up for about 2 hrs once upon a time due to a friend. I gave him a ride home .On the way we were pulled over and he dropped the drugs he had in my car. I went along with the police , my friend signed a sworn statement that I had not known , and I was free again with no record. Thats the way that should go...Now after that "false arrest" I felt I was open to say what I pleased...

edit on 9-7-2015 by Gothmog because: add info

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I could only watch half way thru. I can't understand why
all cops don't realise how G-D cowardly this makes them look.
The fact that they just don't see it, makes it true.

Unabated cowards.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

No . I was actually locked up for about 2 hrs once upon a time due to a friend. I gave him a ride home .On the way we were pulled over and he dropped the drugs he had in my car. I went along with the police , my friend signed a sworn statement that I had not known , and I was free again with no record. Thats the way that should go...Now after that "false arrest" I felt I was open to say what I pleased...

I've been arrested thirty three times. Don't let anyone tell you
that you should've done anything different. You did exactly what
you should've done. Period.

But even after words you should just keep your mouth shut.
They know where you live and like a pit bull. They can make decisions
that aren't in your best interest. You might as well play russian roulette
if your going to smart off to the cops. I know it's not right. But obviously,
self preservation is righteous.
edit on Rpm70915v28201500000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Multiple Philadelphia cops are under investigation after a video surfaced…

The only difference between these cops and gang style beat downs…

The only difference between criminal assault and this "arrest"…

The only difference between standard operating procedure and now are the videos.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   
There's no excuse for this, he was on his bike and stopped to talk to a couple of persons. Does this look like well trained police group, or a street mob?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That is what this looked like.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Multiple Philadelphia cops are under investigation after a video surfaced…

The only difference between criminal assault and this "arrest"…

The only difference between standard operating procedure and now are the videos.

Yeow, you see the same as I do...there were a few big feckers in there too.

I should add Philadelphia police have a shocking record of violence anyway, much worse than the New York police, and they ain't so pretty.
They were slated by a DOJ report back in May,
www.motherjones.com...

edit on 9-7-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Yeah , I agree. Even though I had a "good head on my shoulders" I was still an ignorant kid in some ways...PEACE

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I don't know what happened before, couldn't see the guy that was getting beat so I'm not saying a thing about the actual beating. I just hope there won't be riots over this.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark

I don't know what happened before, couldn't see the guy that was getting beat so I'm not saying a thing about the actual beating. I just hope there won't be riots over this.

If yo just fast forward to 1 54 and watch you will see it does not matter what happened before.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

This is what scares me most. I think police in US see criminals in all mans and womens.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The moral: Police are to protect someone in custody unless it is from other police.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Posting in AlienJuggalo's daily jump to conclusion, police demonization thread.

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Yay.
Now the City of Brotherly Love can burn.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join