It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking new video shows unarmed Utah man was listening to headphones when killed by police

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

originally posted by: EternalSolace

There are no words to describe how much human trash this garbage behind a badge is...

Normally, I try my best to understand the circumstances behind an officer's actions, but this in inexcusable.

This is nothing short of pre-meditated murder.

Like I said... try Mexico. The police are incredible there... you can drive drunk through checkpoints while only giving a pack of cigarettes. I live there for 3 years and the police there do not shoot anyone. I promise you. ... Try it! Its cheap. I lived like a king with little money.

gl with that.

We don't live in Mexico. We live in a country where even law enforcement should be held accountable for their actions.

But you would rather have policemen like those in other countries... I think you should go try that... You really should.

I've been to San Salvador, El Salvador, and Guatemala. I've seen their law enforcement patrols and their armed security that camp outside of grocery stores and banks. They are far more relaxed.

And incredible countries... Ive been to all.

But they also do not have the street violence we have here. Ask yourself this.... Would you swap the US cops with the El salvadore cops? And really?

Its not all that bad man.... Bad guys get chopped up with bad decisions here... They do. A lot.

Even with the lack of street violence, there is no doubt that any officer, from any part of the world, could tell that the man in this video posed no threat.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

And Im telling you I am a good guy... And I'm telling you I would have shot the holy crap out of him if he reached to his waist.

I retire from this thread with respect to all of your beliefs. We just differ in outlook.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Swedish cops makes arrest in New York City subway

If the Swedes can make this kind of arrest towards an idiot on a New York subway, than these officers should be able to have enough restraint to subdue a man wearing headphones that posed absolutely NO threat.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I'm on the fence on this one. Does anyone know the law as far as showing your hands?

He kept his hands in his waistband the whole time.

He didn't pull a gun. Does a gun have to be visible?

Did they guy have enough time to hear him?

Could he understand and comprehend the cop?

Scary Video there!

HE yelled "NAH FOOL" when the police asked him to raise his hands... then his mistake was raising his shirt near the waistband.

RIP....... its a tough thug life...fooo

Do you mean to say that he shouldn't have removed his hands away from his pockets?

Did you see any sign of a weapon?

I didn't. But then again, if it were me, I'd most likely have my day in court.

Buddy, do your family a favor and never be a cop. When you see the "sign" of a weapon... you are dead.

Buddy, do society a favor.... the rest of us want policemen that are not willing to die. We want homes that are not home invaded because of a weak police force... we want our kids to be able to walk from school to home. Do us a favor and think about your beliefs.... because the wide portion of society appreciate cops.

Buddy, have fun justifying killing innocent people all day long.

The rest of us want policemen that are not willing to die.

Die for what? Definitely not their oath.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

a reply to: EternalSolace

And Im telling you I am a good guy... And I'm telling you I would have shot the holy crap out of him if he reached to his waist.

I retire from this thread with respect to all of your beliefs. We just differ in outlook.

Cheers

Then thank goodness you aren't a cop... for your sake, the victim's sake, and the sake of your family.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   
A reply to: Legman

So basically, if we don't like the America you want, then we should leave? You say you've been to war? Didn't you go to war to protect our freedom? Now you get to decide what a righteous kill is? Based on what? Your willingness to kill and then to denegrate this kid whom you have only seen alive for less than 1 minute. And if we disagree, you advise us to leave the country?

How does going to war and living in mexico qualify you as a good man? Your lack of empathy towards this guy is enough to disqualify you. The officer was far to quick to pull the trigger. You could hear it in his voice when he couldn't find a weapon. He knew he #ed up and he let every one know it. Whoever looked at this film and decided this is a clean kill is as disillusioned as you.

edit on 4-6-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2015 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
No one knows how they would react until it happens. I personally think his behaviour was threatening. Walking backwards facing a cop with your hands in your waist line IS threatening behaviour. Just before the shot they guy moves his hands very quick.

Also he put his hands there as he was walking away from the cop, a tell tale sign he has a weapon. Yes he didn't but his behaviour did not reflect that in my eyes, and I'm not even trained to identify these key indicators.

Guy was wrong + cop was wrong = tragedy.

People are always ready to demonise each party but until you look at it with open eyes, you will see what you want to see..I. e "bang banger deserved it".

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Legman

Yeah, thats not smart.

I would say, they could have given him medical treatment instead of rolling him over, cuffing him and increasing the blood flow though.

That's done intentionally. Dead men don't get to testify against you in court.
edit on 4-6-2015 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Innocent people don't tend to change direction and walk away as soon as a police car pulls up.

Yes they do. I don't commit crimes. If a police officer is behind me on the road I pull over until they're gone. If a cop enters a business I'm in, I put my stuff down and go elsewhere. If you see the police, even if you've done nothing wrong you should run. Because they have the legal authority to kill you, for anything they want.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman

This reply is equating our streets to war zones. Are our streets really that bad? Crime is down, police fatalities are down so much they're the safest job in America, the only thing up is the number of people being killed or beaten by the police.

I would postulate the police have replaced the criminals. I live in a high crime area, we're 4x the national average in every statistic. When I lock my doors at night I don't lock them to keep criminals out, I lock them so that I have a couple seconds more defense if a cop decides to barge in.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Casually walks up like a boss and shoots him in the chest then calls for a medic despite the fact that the guy pretty much going to die.
Handcuffing a person who's bleeding to death. How brave....

Fuc**ing psychopath!
edit on 4-6-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
So, let's go on the premise that the perp was highly intoxicated. You can't hide a sizeable piece in your anything and yet had it been a smaller 22 or 32., if you are intoxicated you won't be as speedy as the guy already pointing a 9mm or better at you. A few more seconds would have allowed for the goof to be arrested for public intoxication as opposed to being dead for being drunk and stupid wearing headphones.

This officers judgment will haunt him. He was nervous as hell and the video shows his reluctance to properly assess the situation. Too late to turn back the clock. And anyone who calls this dead human a thug and undeserving of equal treatment under the justice system should seriously evaluate their thought processes.

How much different would the video have been if the officer had given him a realistic time to show he was an unarmed drunk? I work in an ER. There are always ways to deal with intoxicated people and get them to cool down. Pointing a loaded gun at someone with an ultimatum clearly is a slippery slope.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Murdering scumbag.
There's something very wrong with they way the police are trained. Could he not see that the victim had earphones in his ears?
Aren't they supposed to spot this kind of stuff?

The cop's idea of helping him after shooting him is to say "stay with me buddy, stay with me"
He's more interested in hopefully finding a weapon

Murder murder murder

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Explain this line to me. Ive seen this statement time and time again from Americans and i honestly dont understand it.

Didn't you go to war to protect our freedom?

How is your army fighting thousands of miles away protecting your freedom?
Nothing will change back home. You will still do your everyday thing.
You will still be free

How are the soldiers protecting that exactly, i dont understand?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I was expecting to see some guy minding his own business, listening to music...instead I see a person walking away from cops with his hands fidgeting around his waist..when the guy turns around he is still fiddling with his waist. If I was a cop I may have fired too. And would many of you..to say you wouldn't is utter bull# unless you have been in similar situations. I think the title of this video is incorrect. I know people are on the hate cops bandwagon but it's not justified in this situation a reply to: PraetorianAZ

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I watched this video earlier, I was sickened by it to the core.

I am a small guy. I am generally friendly. I own guns, but I don't carry them very often. I would have no problem walking up to the guy and asking some questions. I wouldn't even need a gun to do that.

It is obvious to me that this cop was just looking to shoot somebody.

The BS show of pseudo-care was an absolute joke. Every time I heard that POS cop say "Buddy", I wanted to kick something. I wish a real criminal had been there to waste that cop. "Stay with me buddy, those were just friendly cop bullets..." That's about what it boils down to.

I wanted to post this video to every boot-licker that complains about my cop-block posts on facebook. It does galvanize my opinion of cops. It makes me hate them. They are less human than vermin. I don't know what can be done to get a point across short of giving them a choice to leave the profession or be plowed under to start a new.

It was still disgusting.. What a waste... And the chick cop asking "Are you okay?" It makes my blood boil. Ohhhh.... Pooor murdering pig..... I'm sure he gets a vacation now and a promotion when he returns....

(post by CynicalSinningSaint removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Ive had to butt stroke grandmas in the middle east because the particular house was a high interest terrorist house.... I have a hard time sleeping over that.

I should bloody well hope so, may you never have a good nights sleep for the rest of your wretched life.

I don't need to read the rest of your nonsense posts, this told me everything I need to know about you and your "view" of anyone who YOU deem to be worthy of summary execution.

For shame.

edit on 4/6/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't read the entire thread before posting, due to seeing the video earlier and wishing to comment on it.

Now that I have read the thread in it's entirety, I can say that Legman is likely my least admired person on the internet. The true definition of a boot-licker. What a coward.

I would die giving a person a chance. I have no problem with it.

To live in this world with a survival mentality that puts the entire population in danger is a real problem with society today.. What happened to selflessness? What happened to treating people like people and hoping for the best? Are these all just relegated to bygone times? I refuse to believe that.

I want to live, but I'm not willing to just consider every person a threat. That is Fear.. Fear is the mind killer... A quote from a great movie. Fear has led this country down a dangerous path.. People like Legman have been quite an asset to an Administration that thrives on Fear....

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Usual propoganda. Same thing they did in Britain during WW2, although that was a real threat on our freedom.

I agree with you though. It is often used by military personnel to justify what they do for a living. No greater purpose/sense of accomplishment than thinking everyone is safe because of you.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join