It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking new video shows unarmed Utah man was listening to headphones when killed by police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
Doing a job where you are a target every minute on duty?

Really? Every minute? Sounds like the typical cop self-aggrandizing bulls***. No one's begging the cop to be a cop. If you have to kill someone just because he's walking away from you than you are not fit for that job.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
I'm on the fence on this one. Does anyone know the law as far as showing your hands?

He kept his hands in his waistband the whole time.

He didn't pull a gun. Does a gun have to be visible?

Did the guy have enough time to hear him?

Could he understand english and comprehend the cop?

He looked like a deer in the headlights, he probably would have been shot removing his hands anyway.

Scary Video there!

The audio kicks in after the gun is drawn, I'm going to assume the officer said something to him a few times before drawing his sidearm.

The idiot certainly heard the commands clearly enough to say "nah, fool!" when the officer told him to show his hands. He also kept walking backwards with his hands near his waist even after he turned around to see an officer with his weapon drawn.

This guy had SEVERAL opportunities to not get shot.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Lol/// I lived in Mexico for 3 years. I suggest you leave the country bubba.

The police there don't shoot anyone. You would love it. I promise.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Do you mean to say that he shouldn't have removed his hands away from his pockets?

Did you see any sign of a weapon?

I didn't. But then again, if it were me, I'd most likely have my day in court.

I don't know about you but if a police car pulled up and a voice behind me yelled "show me your hands!" my first response would be to freeze and hold my hands out to the side. I certainly wouldn't keep walking, tell them no, and pretend that I was just going to keep going about my day and the cop can go to hell.
edit on 6/4/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Do you mean to say that he shouldn't have removed his hands away from his pockets?

I don't know about you but if a police car pulled up and a voice behind me yelled "show me your hands!" my first response would be to freeze and hold my hands out to the side. I certainly wouldn't keep walking, tell them no, and pretend that I was just going to keep going about my day and the cop can go to hell.

And the tragedy, Answer, is that this thug was very drunk according to toxicology..... The reality is he did it to himself.. Two cops went home to their families... one idiot didn't.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

And the tragedy, Answer, is that this thug was very drunk according to toxicology..... The reality is he did it to himself.. Two cops went home to their families... one idiot didn't.

That explains why he turned and walked away as soon as the officer pulled up.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
There are no words to describe how much human trash this garbage behind a badge is...

Normally, I try my best to understand the circumstances behind an officer's actions, but this in inexcusable.

This is nothing short of pre-meditated murder.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Well its still a tragedy. I know what you are saying... I would have shot that guy a helluva lot more than that.... but its still a tragedy.

Drunk people do not think correctly. I think he had a .18

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   

This guy had SEVERAL opportunities to not get shot.

Yeah, he could have just stayed at home. Stupid citizen, walking down the street. Who does he think he is?

There is nothing about this that indicates killing this human being was necessary.

Nothing. Not listening to a cop should not be a death sentence.

Is that the society you want? Cop says "jump", you say "how high" or get shot in the face?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Well its still a tragedy. I know what you are saying... I would have shot that guy a helluva lot more than that.... but its still a tragedy.

Shot him for what? Looking at you curiously while wondering what he did wrong?
edit on 6/4/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
There are no words to describe how much human trash this garbage behind a badge is...

Normally, I try my best to understand the circumstances behind an officer's actions, but this in inexcusable.

Like I said... try Mexico. The police are incredible there... you can drive drunk through checkpoints while only giving a pack of cigarettes. I live there for 3 years and the police there do not shoot anyone. I promise you. ... Try it! Its cheap. I lived like a king with little money.

gl with that.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

For yelling NAH FOOOL, and reaching to his waist... did you read the thread? Or you went to the police are satan crap right off the bat?

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Like I said... try Mexico. The police are incredible there... you can drive drunk through checkpoints while only giving a pack of cigarettes. I live there for 3 years and the police there do not shoot anyone. I promise you. ... Try it! Its cheap. I lived like a king with little money.

gl with that.

We don't live in Mexico. We live in a country where even law enforcement should be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Are you assuming that your reaction should be the automatic answer?

Or can you at least digress and say that you don't know how someone will react in a certain situation.

The answer is not, "assume every erratic person is a threat."

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

For yelling NAH FOOOL, and reaching to his waist... did you read the thread? Or you went to the police are satan crap right off the bat?

I read the thread, and watched the video three times. Nothing even suggested that the murder victim acted in a hostile manner.

This reject of a cop walked up to him and executed him with no just cause.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

gl with that.

We don't live in Mexico. We live in a country where even law enforcement should be held accountable for their actions.

But you would rather have policemen like those in other countries... I think you should go try that... You really should.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman

So you are ok with him getting shot for words and lifting a shirt?

Acting tough doesn't mean death sentence.

The cop went straight for his gun when the man was just walking away.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Legman

So you are ok with him getting shot for words and lifting a shirt?

Acting tough doesn't mean death sentence.

The cop went straight for his gun when the man was just walking away.

Im actually very ok with two guys doing a HARD job going home to their familys while a thug that said NA MANN and reached to his waist died.

VERY OK.

Ive had to butt stroke grandmas in the middle east because the particular house was a high interest terrorist house.... I have a hard time sleeping over that.

Killing a thug reaching to his waist and lifting his shirt??? You should be thinking the police for living with the sins that we burden them with.

Image a cop sick out in any city in the US over a weekend... No you cannot... You refuse.

I Like you.. You want us all to live and be happy. I admire that. The reality is something different.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

gl with that.

But you would rather have policemen like those in other countries... I think you should go try that... You really should.

I've been to San Salvador, El Salvador, and Guatemala. I've seen their law enforcement patrols and their armed security that camp outside of grocery stores and banks and have even interacted with them. They are far more relaxed.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

gl with that.

I've been to San Salvador, El Salvador, and Guatemala. I've seen their law enforcement patrols and their armed security that camp outside of grocery stores and banks. They are far more relaxed.

And incredible countries... Ive been to all.

But they also do not have the street violence we have here. Ask yourself this.... Would you swap the US cops with the El salvadore cops? And really?

Its not all that bad man.... Bad guys get chopped up with bad decisions here... They do. A lot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join