It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mr Robot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I just saw the trailer for this on the front page of YouTube and the pilot is on YouTube. I thought you guys might like it.

Trailer

Pilot

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Thanks. I'll check it out later. Looks like it's going to be good.

posted on May, 28 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

That was cool. A little slow at first. The music was interesting. A lot of the stuff he talked about is covered here on ATS. I can't wait for the next one.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I just watched it and it's very good. The moment where he imagines what he is going to tell the psychologist, I knew it was a show for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
My friend showed me the pilot episode. There were aspects I liked and didn't like. You can tell that whoever wrote the script of this show doesn't truly understand the underground community, but they still did an alright job. For example, when the main character says hackers don't DDoss people for no reason, I nearly spit my drink out laughing at how absurd that statement was. Nevertheless, I found myself wanting to watch more of the show after the pilot was over. Seems promising.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Just watched it. Looks promising and ATS friendly.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Do you know when the show is coming back on? I haven't seen anything.

posted on Jun, 25 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm about 2/3 through the pilot. I can grok where Elliot is coming from, mostly.

I'm gonna like this one. One man against the world. It doesn't get any better than that.

I thought I had the ending figured out, seems I was sort of there and sort of not. "Those guys" came and got him, that I got right. The rest, not as much. Which brings up the question, who are "those guys"? Maybe the dude who saw Elliot change envelopes is in a third party, possibly trying to take down Evil Corps(Gods, that's so cool) and take their place so it becomes a three party fight?

I'm sure I got the whole thing wrong. Just ruminating.
edit on 6/25/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Just watched tonight's episode. I really like this show. But I have the feeling not many will watch it and it will not continue.
The first one was great, but for most people, it would come across too slow and low key. The second one was more mainstream in its style, which may draw/keep some viewers.

I wish they made Elliott a tad more three dimensional, so you could really feel his emotions, fears, doubts, etc.

Anyhoo, I'll be watching this.
edit on 1-7-2015 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I wonder when they'll put new episodes online. All they have is the pilot.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I could not get past 10 minutes of the first episode.

Absolutely boring.

Evil Corp!

The 1%!

Blah,blah, blah.

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
They sure know how to close things on a cliff hanger. I couldn't believe the end of the second episode. Now I'm waiting for the third so I can see what the hell happens next lol.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Evil corp. guy, the guy who's name escapes me. This dude has some serious issues and I'm not even sure what to think of his activities in the last episode. Looks as if he will do anything to further his agenda, and I do mean everything.

I don't know, maybe it's just weird to me as I don't need to tie/be tied up nor use ball gags but that situation with the wife was all freaky, and I ain't just talking about the sexual aspect.

So yeah, they got me. It's one of those shows, it seems, where it's hard to root for anyone as they are all pretty much messed up. A train wreck is going to happen and all involved will get burned. I see no other way out of this one.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
MY NEW FAVORITE SHOW!!

Season finale next week, can NOT WAIT!!

I thought it was a good idea for them to delay the finale due to the TV shootings. Just imagine the numbers of new followers who´ll binge watch the first 9 episodes this weekend to be ready for Wednesday. Everybody will be watching the season finale now.

This show has the Breaking Bad type of tension...not sure I did even breathe during episode 6.

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

tyrell wellick.

i am on episode 4 right now and i like it a lot.
read some trivia and it didnt really spoil anything. by the 3rd episode i felt like i had mr robot figured out and it seems i am correct.

i think it is a great show.
elliot has that lisbeth salander vibe happening. kind of cool

posted on Oct, 25 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
so yeah. i didnt have it figured out.

totally didnt see it

posted on Oct, 27 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Cool avatar. Helena is a ton of fun.

Don't know where you are in the show so I won't give anything away. It's a wild show, to be sure.

I know it's just me but these ten episode seasons are starting to irritate me. Buffy/Angel were great shows and did 22 per season(except the first Buffy) and had few clunkers. Not saying we need to go back to 22 for all shows but it sucks to just get into something and then have to wait a year for a show to really kick into gear.

But oh well, it is what it is.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

i dont like the short seasons either.
i remember my shows when i was a kid and even into the 90's there were at least 20 episodes a season.
x files was 20 every season for like 8 seasons. about the only thing with long seasons are sitcoms.
i guess there is a choice few. the blacklist has around 20 but all my other favs are short

true detective is 8. all my bbc stuff is even shorter. the fall, peaky blinders, shirlock is all 6 i think.
the american stuff like fargo and homeland....all short

it sucks

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
and yeah. helena is awesome
i cant get enough of her

and i made it all the way through the 10 episodes of robot. definitely hooked.
the only thing that is bothering me is how much he reminds me of lisbeth salander from the girl with the dragon tattoo.
the small frame. the hacker type. the black hoodie.

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

As far as I know the BBC has always had short seasons. The Pythons were given thirteen to start with and I think that's all they ever did in a season and that was BITD. I have them all but cannot remember how many of them there are.

Here in the states it came about because of two things. Mid-season replacements like Buffy and the writers strike many back in the early '00's. They learned they could make less episodes but sell them on DVD later for the same price. Plus, if it fails there's only ten instead of 22 and being cheap is what corporations are all about.

Shorter seasons do lead to less clunkers but the down time between shows is very long and I know i tend to forget things after too much time has gone by. Which is something TWD have gotten almost right. Less episodes in the season, yes, but they split the season up so there is less time between episodes and seasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join